posted by davidt on Tuesday May 19 2009, @01:00PM
dickie writes:
So there I was loitering on The Pier at Great Yarmouth trying to sell my book when who pops up to claim his copy - MORRISSEY.

Me: "So Morrissey what do you think of the book?"
Morrissey: "What book?"
Me: "The Day I Met Morrissey - by me - it came out on Monday"
Morrissey: "Really? I haven't seen this one."
Me: "Well, why don't I give you this copy to read and you sign my copy.."
Morrissey: "Ok, thankyou very much."

Luckily, fellow fan Ian Cappitt was on hand to get a snap of Moz getting his hands on my book.

Things went from better to even better during the concert when Morrissey asked: "Where is Dickie Felton?"

Obviously I nearly fainted. He handed me the microphone and I uttered allsorts before asking him: "So, now what do you think of the book?"

Morrissey: "It's very attractive"

Praise from the main man himself - can life get any better?

I will be taking the book for sale at the Manchester shows and it's for sale on my website too www.thedayimetmorrissey.com

---
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • nice one.

i met him outside the empire and gave him a roll of stickers with 'dont buy the s@n' on, he loved all that.
    beast -- Tuesday May 19 2009, @01:06PM (#331491)
    (User #22434 Info)
  • as Moz's new security guy grunts, "who dat guy on front cover of picture book?"
    Anonymous -- Tuesday May 19 2009, @01:16PM (#331492)
  • excellent man , i would love to meet him for 10 seconds,maybe someday.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday May 19 2009, @01:17PM (#331493)
    • Re:book by RCRAVEN (Score:1) Tuesday May 19 2009, @07:33PM
  • We were on the Pier from about 6ish must have just missed him, did he seem pleasant enough? I'm always worried if I met him he might be a bit standoffish!
    Following him to Russia in the summer so maybe I'll get my chance on the way!!

PS
    How are the book sales going?
    Whalley Range -- Tuesday May 19 2009, @01:30PM (#331496)
    (User #16734 Info)
  • ..you charge him for the copy??!!
    Whalley Range -- Tuesday May 19 2009, @01:33PM (#331498)
    (User #16734 Info)
  • Meeting Moz (Score:1, Interesting)

I was standing by some side steps up to the pier at 5.55. I turned around and there was Moz walking towards the steps flanked by two security guards. I followed, hailed (he turned around, smiled) and kept on walking (got a good snap of his back!). Next moment i was snapping Dickie giving Moz his book. I then got to shake his hand. I also met him down by the beach after the gig (almost a darkened underpass scenario). He leant forward past his security chaps, smiled and shook the hand. I think I told him he was a good man...I'm sure he did not need to be told that!!

Congrats to Dickie on an excellent book (and thanks for signing it etc). I would recommend all true Moz fans should purchase.

Ian.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday May 19 2009, @01:40PM (#331502)
  • Great story Dickie. Hope you sell a few copies of your book. Maybe you can include this meeting in the next edition?!
    Anonymous -- Tuesday May 19 2009, @01:52PM (#331506)
  • Fair play to Dickie. I was the Evertonian who spoke to Dickie and his chum at the front of the tavern. He must feel great at the minute, book seems to be doing well and getting Moz to mention him at the concert was great. Only downside f*ck all, your teams won f*ck all.......
    bluemozz -- Tuesday May 19 2009, @01:56PM (#331507)
    (User #22519 Info)
  • Dickie

didn't you accost him at Llandudno as well?
    Anonymous -- Tuesday May 19 2009, @02:04PM (#331508)
  • And awww ... Moz looks so cute!
    Anonymous -- Tuesday May 19 2009, @02:07PM (#331509)
  • of comparing the two photos, the one from the book cover and the one from this post (both of which are from an eerily similar angle...

no offence, but in the new photo dickie has less hair and moz has more hair...how does moz have more hair!?
    Anonymous -- Tuesday May 19 2009, @02:31PM (#331514)
  • I will buy the book in Manchester. Although you and your mate were selling "the very last copies left" on the pier after the gig - in true Del Boy style!
    Anonymous -- Tuesday May 19 2009, @02:54PM (#331517)
  • Congratulations! This is awesome & I'm so happy for you. I'm eager to read your book!

--April
    Anonymous -- Tuesday May 19 2009, @03:06PM (#331520)
  • :)

The circle closes.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday May 19 2009, @04:15PM (#331533)
  • just adorable.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday May 19 2009, @05:47PM (#331541)
  • Congrats Dickie Felton ;^)

Cheers,

Jay
    I'm really just Some Totally Random Moz Fan
  • Took only one day to finish it. Thanks for the fast delivery to Germany
    mozzalisa -- Tuesday May 19 2009, @06:19PM (#331546)
    (User #18149 Info)
  • That is so f****** cool. Unfortunately the coolest I-met-Morrissey anecdote isn't in your book, because it is the book!

A photo of Moz surrounded by fans enjoying a book about himself. Instantly classic photo!
    king leer -- Tuesday May 19 2009, @07:00PM (#331547)
    (User #80 Info)
  • Don't know if you saw this on the tour thread but here's what I wrote:

Wow, that's great meeting Mozzer for a 2nd time and then him mentioning your name during the show. I was hoping to meet him at Coachella in the VIP area, but only Soloman was there. Maybe it's best not to ruin the dream. Anyway, I really need to buy your book soon. And how about that Liverpool win on Sunday? T'was a good weekend for you, wasn't it?
    manicboy -- Tuesday May 19 2009, @07:33PM (#331549)
    (User #8365 Info)
  • Great story Dickie. I smell a sequel...lol. It's a great book. Shame he didn't feel the need to pick up his copy while I was speaking to you in Omagh and Belfast...haha. I'd recommend the book to anyone who hasn't purchased a copy yet, and I'm sure Moz will be giving it the big thumbs up on stage for many nights to come.
    There's a lovely sense of full-circleness about Morrissey purchasing a copy from you I think.

All the best Dickie,

Mickey Ferry, Strabane.

Anonymous -- Tuesday May 19 2009, @07:47PM (#331550)
  • is that photo from? It looks about circa ringleader no?
    marred -- Tuesday May 19 2009, @08:51PM (#331551)
    (User #16308 Info)
  • Dickie, I love and hate you, but for the same reason! Nice job, I'll be getting your book soon!
    Anonymous -- Tuesday May 19 2009, @09:41PM (#331553)
  • The book's great, I read it from cover to cover on my journey from Cambridge to Dublin.The best bits in it are the random meetings in newsagents etc.Theres some gorgeous pictures too, its a must for all Moz fans.Nice one Dickie, hope the book does really well.
    CandyCanegirl -- Wednesday May 20 2009, @12:49AM (#331566)
    (User #6699 Info)
  • shouting justice for the 96 inside the venue?
    Anonymous -- Wednesday May 20 2009, @02:33AM (#331577)
  • Me: "So Morrissey what do you think of the book?"
    Morrissey: "What book?"

Haha. Like he didn't know.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday May 20 2009, @03:08AM (#331579)
  • looks healthy, he gained some weight a few years ago, but he's in real shape

50 years, well being a veg. helps

[and not smoking, no drugs, no sex]

were counting, 2 days to go [euro time]

and very lucky you bumbed into Morrissey, I can't
    jugde if it good or bad, but IMHO last years
    too many books which related to Morrissey, so
    as I said than and now

only interestd in Morrissey's bio or Marr's

an update from Peepholism 1994 till his years
    of refusal
    or someone who tries Morrissey's work, Jo Slee
    was more around in the Smiths days concerning sleeves and designing,wondered what went wrong
    or seperated the 2, well I havent checked on the discs after his 7 years break [well video Oye Esteban not counting]with no new release, so
    I'll check from Quarry's first single blood'n heart

thats about it
    Celibate Cry <[email protected]> -- Wednesday May 20 2009, @07:18AM (#331598)
    (User #220 Info)
    and the hills are alive with celibate cries
  • I´m so happy for you!! And now I´m 100% sure Morrissey is going to read my story too! Thank you for everything! Love & More
    LIO -- Wednesday May 20 2009, @09:29AM (#331609)
    (User #22566 Info)
  • Dickie,

Just to let you know, your book is on my bookshelf between Linder's "Morrissey Shot" and Mick Middles excellent Smiths book and it doesn't look out of place.

Cheers mate...... Stu Boro
    stuiek -- Wednesday May 20 2009, @11:01AM (#331612)
    (User #22543 Info)
  • Nice one mate - see you friday (yes it's me from chapter 3). Did the banner last night but couldn't fit everything on it so had to delete "half a century/person and "fantastic bird" - still it looks good!!
    Take care
    ps I'm so jealous!!!
    Mozette1 -- Wednesday May 20 2009, @11:47AM (#331616)
    (User #22568 Info)
  • We met on the Pier - you signed my book - which i managed to get signed by all the band and you - except Moz!! Just wanted to say finished it - its beautifully put together and just really well done to you matey. You got the levels right - not too sycophantic and just really personable from lots of view points - love the picture too on the Pier and thanks for letting us sniff the bit of Moz's shirt and spotting the dry cleaning label!!
    Stanley Ogden -- Wednesday May 20 2009, @12:20PM (#331621)
    (User #21027 Info)
  • Dickie mate,

Excellent photo and story! Last week I was proudly showing them my chapter in your book, today I was telling them that Morrissey will have now seen me in it too!

Will come and say hello on Friday (did you get a ticket in the end?)

Jake (Mr Pick N Mix)
    Anonymous -- Wednesday May 20 2009, @12:30PM (#331622)
  • The photo of the surprise meeting is almost exactly the same as the photo on the front of the book! How about that? Same expression on Morrissey's face.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday May 20 2009, @01:18PM (#331631)
  • Dickie, so happy you met him again and that you gave him the book (and totally excited that he read my story- Chapter 20- AHHH!!). The book is absolutely gorgeous and you've done us all proud. Great pic too, love the look on his face!

Lots of love,
    Melissa
    goblinmoz -- Wednesday May 20 2009, @05:23PM (#331665)
    (User #1580 Info)
    "now my heart is full..."
  • Thank you for this very nice book, Dickie Felton! I read your story here and certainly was very curious seeing you at Manchester. And directly after the show I spotted you outside the Apollp and bought the book - thanks for signing it! I really love your book!
    Caprice -- Wednesday May 27 2009, @06:07AM (#332668)
    (User #17936 Info)

[ home | terms of service ]