posted by davidt on Thursday May 14 2009, @11:00AM
Scouse Elvis writes:
Just spoken to the Britannia Pier people, who tell me that tomorrow's gig is going ahead.

They spoke to Mozza's management yesterday, who said it was still on. God bless antibiotics.

"We see no reason why it won't go ahead."

Their words, not mine. I'd check tomorrow before you make a mammoth slog.

(Funnily enough, Moz isn't listed on the Pier's website but comedy giants the Chuckle Brothers are. Along with TV medium Derek Acorah. Maybe Degsy can feel some residual energy and tell us all if Moz will defo turn up!!!!)
---
ThisCharmlessFan also writes:
Just spoke to my industry insider and the show on Friday is to go ahead (Confirmed by SJM)- the local crew have been booked / confirmed and the touring crew are already in Yarmouth ready for the "get in" Friday morning. The worst case scenario now is that he tries - and he fails....
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • i can't be bitter about Birmingham
    i'm glad for the tour, getting back on track
    and people going friday x
    Anonymous -- Thursday May 14 2009, @11:03AM (#330847)
  • Hurrah! Looks like the rest and antibiotics paid off, eh? Let's hope all goes according to plan.
    Don'tOweYouAnything -- Thursday May 14 2009, @11:20AM (#330848)
    (User #22516 Info)
    • Re:Recovery :) by Hello Indie (Score:1) Thursday May 14 2009, @11:22AM
      • Re:Recovery :) by Don'tOweYouAnything (Score:1) Thursday May 14 2009, @02:52PM
        • Re:Recovery :) by Hello Indie (Score:1) Thursday May 14 2009, @03:16PM
  • i think he must of had a KFC
    Anonymous -- Thursday May 14 2009, @11:32AM (#330852)
  • Thanks for your post.

I'm attending tomorrow's show and have been eagerly awaiting news all day.

Your update is like sweet music to my ears.

So... Great Yarmouth here we come ..."come, come - nuclear bomb!"

A hard act for the Chuckle Brothers to top I'm sure!
    Anonymous -- Thursday May 14 2009, @11:34AM (#330854)
    • Re:Hoorah! by SteveW (Score:1) Thursday May 14 2009, @02:29PM
      • Re:Hoorah! by Hello Indie (Score:1) Thursday May 14 2009, @05:05PM
  • see you all tommnorrow - he so should play 'everyday is like sunday' so apt for the pier. Yarmouth then Cambridge then on and on - not sure if he will make three nights in a row at Brixton - i will though!
    Stanley Ogden -- Thursday May 14 2009, @11:51AM (#330856)
    (User #21027 Info)
  • I do like to be beside the seaside (singing).

Mozza, don't forget to take your lemsip & honey!

Anonymous -- Thursday May 14 2009, @11:56AM (#330857)
    • Here! by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday May 14 2009, @12:01PM
  • http://www.eastbournecousins.com/idolovetobe.htm [eastbournecousins.com] ...but the weather forecast says it'll be raining. Typical!
    Anonymous -- Thursday May 14 2009, @12:09PM (#330861)
  • Welp, until he's up there throwing clothes into the crowd and all that, I wouldn't get all giddy just yet. There's always the danger of a stubbed toe lurking around every corner...
    Anonymous -- Thursday May 14 2009, @12:44PM (#330867)
  • As with everything, wait until you see the whites of Mozzers eyes in the darkened room! I am still not sure he will be at Grt Yarmouth, it is Friday, Corrie & Eastenders on the T.V, it may be too much for him to miss!
    Portland Bill -- Thursday May 14 2009, @12:57PM (#330868)
    (User #22528 Info)
  • Never in doubt. He loves to play at venues that he hasn't before. Yarmouth was always going to be one for him and I can't wait, a victorious return and spark a tremendous tour.
    bluemozz -- Thursday May 14 2009, @03:05PM (#330885)
    (User #22519 Info)
  • For a LONG time I abstained from signing up to this site...or in fact even coming on it!...as it really annoyed me how 90% of the users seem to despise the genius that is Morrissey.

Given the recent situation, I have been checking everyday to see when the tour would start up again and, alas, I have caved in and signed up simply to say...THANK FUCK!

[personal information removed by request of original poster]

Hope to join you all in a MOR-RIS-SEY! chant soon=]
    deleted1 -- Thursday May 14 2009, @03:52PM (#330890)
    (User #22530 Info)
  • It's a good thing Morrissey wasn't up and about roaming around and visiting concerts, like he did during the California cancellation.

Rest is indeed good for you, Mozzer.
    Anonymous -- Thursday May 14 2009, @06:06PM (#330900)
  • If they all say it is a go, it is a go and he'll go on this stage. Got the go message from an insider as well. People, be nice to him tonight and enjoy yourself to his music, I want to see him in Cambridge tomorrow, too!
    Anonymous -- Friday May 15 2009, @12:42AM (#330912)
  • Woke up this morning and is was pissing it down. Really miserable here. I expect another shower as we are all waiting for the doors. Bring your brollys people!!!
    P.S. Any people who haven't been to Yarmouth. The pier is the place where they are advertising the chuckle brothers. Basically Yarmouth are too cheap to change it and advertise Morrissey espically as it was sold out anyway. However, I'm gonna tell him the chuckle brothers are more popular than him. I hope to get a classic Morrissey face.
    Anonymous -- Friday May 15 2009, @01:52AM (#330916)
  • Just phoned the pier, its still on, and the suns just come out.

Anonymous -- Friday May 15 2009, @02:15AM (#330917)
  • but i rather had seen Morrisset taken a few more days rest, so he can at least go on from his birtday gig

now it's for every gig, does he make it

I know the whose the most hurting and fustrated with this is Morrissey himself

but if he thinks he can go on, I'll hope no more
    cancels till the tourdates who still come in.

enjoy the show toninght

ps;
    Guillaume,i sended you a email but it bounces back , yer mailbox saying it's spam, well close:)
    i use HTML,dunno yer forum name so sorry to put it here
    Celibate Cry <[email protected]> -- Friday May 15 2009, @07:04AM (#330934)
    (User #220 Info)
    and the hills are alive with celibate cries
  • My brother is working in London and he is going,so jeoulous.
    http://www.allmylittlewordsonline.com [allmylittl...online.com]
    Anonymous -- Friday May 15 2009, @07:59AM (#330939)
  • "find out for yourself" played loud. Back at hotel ready for later after quick beer on pier
    bayards -- Friday May 15 2009, @09:51AM (#330945)
    (User #22475 Info)
  • Perhaps Great Yarmouth is a mirror of Morrisseys failing career. For whatever reason he could not play the premier venues of RAH and BSH, but could play 'the seaside town that they forgot to bomb', that attracts such worthy acts as The Chuckle Brothers. Note: The Chuckles got a mention on the pier website whilst our on/off healthy/ill hasbeen did not. Look out for Morrissey appearing in panto next year - he would make a superb ugly sister or the arse of a horse! The panto horse is quite apt as Morrissey seems happy to flog a dead one. It is very painful to witness a once great song writer reduced to working with a second rate backing band producing awful songs. The Smiths b-sides were a million times better than his current a-sides. Some one order a tranquilizer and put this man out of his misery!
    Anonymous -- Saturday May 16 2009, @04:08AM (#331016)
  • Wow...that was so original..
    ThinkOfMeKindlyLV -- Thursday May 14 2009, @07:30PM (#330904)
    (User #18284 Info | http://twitter.com/thinkofmekindly)
  • An uninformed racist comment in Moz-Solo. What are the odds?
    I am the Quarry -- Friday May 15 2009, @01:01AM (#330913)
    (User #10052 Info)
    "No, really, I'm a roofer from Balham"
  • The flu you're discussing was made in a lab, dumb fuck.
    Anonymous -- Friday May 15 2009, @07:41AM (#330938)
  • 2 replies beneath your current threshold.

[ home | terms of service ]