posted by davidt on Tuesday May 12 2009, @09:00AM
Muzzly writes:
After previously canceling Royal Albert Hall appearance on monday due to illness, it seems mozzer is still ill as he has had to cancel his forthcoming tv appearance on later with jools holland tonight which also includes The New York Dolls. his myspace blog says that he needs time for recouperation so there can be minimal disruption to his uk tour:

Morrissey Cancels Later... With Jools Holland Appearance
It's with great reluctance that Morrissey has been forced to cancel his scheduled appearance on the Later... With Jools Holland program this week.

Instead, Morrissey will continue his recuperation so that he can get back on the road as soon as possible and that the minimum disruption is caused to his current UK tour.
---
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • The guy that wrote is over worships Morrissey!!
    My cable company took away the channel that show Jools anyway so I wasnt missing much.
    http://www.allmylittlewordsonline.com [allmylittl...online.com]
    Anonymous -- Tuesday May 12 2009, @09:23AM (#330600)
    • Re:Jools by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday May 12 2009, @11:39AM
  • I'm 15 and going to see Morrissey for the first time on the 26th at the Troxy. I was so excited but now I'm really nervous that he'll cancel. I'm really upset because it took me ages to save up for the tickets. Does everyone think he'll be alright in 2 weeks??
    Anonymous -- Tuesday May 12 2009, @09:39AM (#330604)
    • Re:How Long? by Raskolnikov (Score:1) Tuesday May 12 2009, @10:18AM
    • Re:How Long? by Mozzalini Is Me (Score:1) Tuesday May 12 2009, @01:00PM
    • Re:How Long? by fundeemo (Score:1) Tuesday May 12 2009, @02:16PM
    • Re:How Long? by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday May 13 2009, @10:13AM
  • I'm starting to panic slightly.
    Hello Indie -- Tuesday May 12 2009, @09:54AM (#330607)
    (User #13749 Info | http://somedizzywhore.com/)
    Somedizzywhore.com offers free jars of beetroot for the elderly.
  • Though it was lacklustre
    Obviously on his way out of the touring thing
    In England anyway
    I bet he gets a new wave of breath in europe

just a thought

irene
    Anonymous -- Tuesday May 12 2009, @11:14AM (#330631)
  • What is the matter Morrissey, should we be concerned? :(
    I hope you get better and in the best of health very soon Morrissey.

Truly
    Marisela
    Marisela -- Tuesday May 12 2009, @11:46AM (#330641)
    (User #1865 Info)
  • Curtain Call (Score:2, Interesting)

Morrissey, as some others have already suggested, is most probably done with touring. If he does continue on after this tour it will be for selfish, money grabbing reasons. So this should be his end and I really hope it is.

His material is weak, his voice is giving out, his remarks on stage are embarrassing him ( as well as his fans), he's canceling more gigs than ever (which is an astounding amount)... he's done.

Write your autobiography and exit the stage, while you have at least SOME dignity left.

Thanks for all you've done though, you were good in your time, but now it's over.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday May 12 2009, @12:04PM (#330646)
  • Fed up (Score:1, Interesting)

He has cancelled lots of TV appearances over the last few years. It really is very annoying, I was looking forward to this and now...

I wish he would have cancelled his appearance on The ONE Show, that was painful to watch. I mean a multi-millionaire saying why should people worry about out of work white collar workers, talk about being out of touch.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday May 12 2009, @12:38PM (#330654)
  • justed watched the show the dolls were amazing morrissey missed himself
    fundeemo -- Tuesday May 12 2009, @03:59PM (#330712)
    (User #22471 Info)
  • are you all really surprised...?
    Anonymous -- Tuesday May 12 2009, @04:39PM (#330715)
  • Have Faith. (Score:2, Interesting)

I am worried about Morrissey. He's obviously ill, whether it is physical or mental, I don't know, but I refuse to believe this is the "end" of his career. His voice is strong, he's got a lot of energy on stage. His wit is still there...

If anything he may be growing tired of all the touring. I know in my heart he will never grow tired of the music. I also know in my heart that cancelling all of these dates hurts him as much as it does us. Some of these shows were sold out - so you can't say any longer it's because of bad ticket sales. Not to mention, he must also feel horrible about not appearing on Later... along side The Dolls. Come on...

I'm astounded at how little faith many of you have. You're disappointed, I understand, but to say "exit the stage with dignity" and turn your back on the one person who probably got you through most of the hard times in your life is quite sad.

Have a little faith, that's all. Maybe you'll say I'm one of those pathetic and delusional fans - say what you like about me, but if I believe in anything...truly believe...I believe in Morrissey.
    hand in glove -- Tuesday May 12 2009, @06:27PM (#330719)
    (User #827 Info)
    "Sometimes things fall apart so that better things can fall together" - Marilyn Monroe
    • Re:Have Faith. by ThinkOfMeKindlyLV (Score:1) Tuesday May 12 2009, @08:56PM
      • Re:Have Faith. by hand in glove (Score:1) Tuesday May 12 2009, @09:10PM
    • Re:Have Faith. by Ms. Pretender (Score:1) Tuesday May 12 2009, @10:28PM
    • Re:Have Faith. by Industrialization69 (Score:1) Wednesday May 13 2009, @06:36PM
    • Re:Have Faith. by hand in glove (Score:1) Wednesday May 13 2009, @08:53PM
  • Before his 'appearnce' on Jools Holland, I was trying to decide whether to tape the whole show or just the Morrissey bits. In the past I would have definitely just taped the Morrissey bits, but I realised that Morrissey Live doesn't appeal to me as he used to. I don't get that rush. I found myself wanting to tape the whole show because I was more interested in how the other bands, the audience, and Jools would respond to his presence. What I'm trying to say is, that I'm more interested in the spectacle and drama that he generates rather than in his actual performances. Being positive though, I still get the thrill from his studio releases. I think these get better all the time. I'm not pretending to know what's best for Morrissey, but I feel that he should perhaps consider concentrating on being an artist and less on being a performer. He enjoys the latter, but I think he really excels at the former. Yamaha
    Anonymous -- Tuesday May 12 2009, @11:34PM (#330734)
  • Well Im not too hopeful about my lovely weekend in Yarmouth! I hope they inform us before I make the trip!
    Anyone else in the same position?
    SteveW -- Wednesday May 13 2009, @03:27AM (#330746)
    (User #22040 Info)
    As merry as the days were long, I was right and you were wrong
  • No, Morrissey, don't do it! I'm too young for you to go! Brixton will only be the second time I've seen you!
    Well, I suppose it's up to him, maybe he'll do bits here and there even if he does pack up doing major tours. I suppose I can't really moan, I think it'd be ungrateful to be annoyed at him now when he's done so much in the past, so many brilliant songs.
    I really will miss him if he does go.
    Just PLEASE, don't let the last night at Brixton be cancelled!
    fass -- Wednesday May 13 2009, @04:53AM (#330750)
    (User #22420 Info)
  • Little Comfort (Score:2, Interesting)

It's a Morrissey tour, of course he was going to cancel some shows! It's been a predictable ocurrence since his first solo shows. Remember the Roundhouse debacle? How many of us were truly shafted then? Jeez - he couldn't even manage to sing for six nights on the trot nevermind an entire tour? I did previously say he's been hiding a sore throat with the impeccable use of la la la la la's and grunts etc., since Belfast?

For those disappointed and those out of pocket, you have my sympathy. If it is any comfort - at least you have been spared the macho posturing of the backing band - not a pretty sight. There's little point in a debate about whether Morrissey cares about his fans anymore? This tour has pound signs written all over it. At some gigs it was like watching a Morrissey tribute band! Still, like many of you I'd rather be there than not. I'm not sure how long that loyalty will last though? It's taken a pummeling in the last 2 years. The straw, for this camel's back will be if he cancels the Manchester shows ior if he releases another single from the LP.
    Luckybag -- Wednesday May 13 2009, @05:11AM (#330751)
    (User #20542 Info)
  • Who cares? (Score:1, Insightful)

The best thing Morrissey can do is kill himself. Evry years it egts worse, upsetting fans, cancelling gigs, releasing shit albums, greatest hits packages, squeezing evry last cent out of gullable fans that never question Morrissey and unconditionally love evry awful song / video he releases.
    He's truly pissed away any legacy he had left from the Smiths.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday May 13 2009, @06:57AM (#330754)
  • I can stand missing an episode of Jools' show, but I do hope that the old man gets better soon.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday May 13 2009, @07:19AM (#330756)
  • After seeing Morrissey in concert about 8 times now (spread over the years from Kill Uncle onwards), it suddenly struck me during the Galway concert that Morrissey is just a man. I know he has a great voice and charisma and has come up with a lot of fantastic songs/albums, but he's still a man at the end of the day. I think we've put him on a pedestal and that suits his aloof nature, but when you're standing a few feet from him you start to realise that he's human, and maybe should be forgiven for cancelling the odd concert. I don't know how he tours so much. He's not a machine, and can't go on like this forever. It must be exhausting; always on the move, having no roots, living out of hotels, surrounded by sycophants, and hated by people who don't have any taste in music. Reckon he needs a few weeks off (but that's easy for me to say cos he did not cancel the Galway concert!).
    ACTON
    Anonymous -- Wednesday May 13 2009, @08:05AM (#330761)
  • Why doesn't Moz just have throat surgery? Just go in and get your throat fix. It would save everyone a lot of grief. Heck, I'll be his nurse, post-surgery.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday May 13 2009, @10:33AM (#330779)
  • ...where I always was, Moz.
    And many of us are who have not posted.

I am still coughing from Albuquerque and you've gone on singing for your dinner 'east, west, over the ocean.'

Rest up, love. Sinus rinse, mint tea w/honey, sleep, lots of water, paracetemol or Ibuprofen, rest, rest, rest!

See you in Manc. I gather that is the show you are doing your best not to miss, understandably.

Of course, Whatever happens...
    romeogirl -- Thursday May 14 2009, @12:42AM (#330828)
    (User #2891 Info)
  • What a stupid, idiotic thing to write. What the hell do you know about anything moron? Get the facts before you judge!
    Anonymous -- Tuesday May 12 2009, @09:13AM (#330596)
  • yeah i agree. moz has some health issues.
    leedoggpimp <[email protected]> -- Tuesday May 12 2009, @09:19AM (#330598)
    (User #2789 Info | http://www.morrisseymusic.com/)
    True friends stab you in the front.
  • Re:I know it's over (Score:3, Interesting)

sadly i also agree, the voice clearly can't stand up to a gruelling touring schedule that many younger bands would struggle with.
    also just listening to the album it seems like a big wave goodbye, coupled with the fact the UK tour is winding up with 3 nights at the brixton (where the smiths last gig took place).
    the only glimmer of hope i cling to is that he is touring on after these 3 nights, although moz is never exactly predictable......
    Viva Moz
    Reckless and Legless -- Tuesday May 12 2009, @09:59AM (#330609)
    (User #22473 Info)
    And I'm turning to you to save me
  • I take it English is not your first language.
    Anonymous -- Friday May 15 2009, @05:32PM (#330998)
  • 3 replies beneath your current threshold.

[ home | terms of service ]