posted by davidt on Saturday February 21 2009, @07:00PM
kissmyshades writes:
Some interesting stuff to be found on website of company that helped with sleeve art on YOR, ROTT and Greatest Hits....

http://www.noallegiances.com/
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • No mention of the inner pages...in which the type is so poorly designed. Pretty bland stuff.

I do think the cover is well done, as is the band shot, but the rest is fairly pedestrian. I suppose I shouldn't hold Morrissey to a higher design standard...but I do.

Neckdeep -- Saturday February 21 2009, @07:47PM (#322071)
    (User #14740 Info)
  • Some really interesting stuff regarding where they swiped the typography etc. Also suprising that all this came from someone other than Morrissey in the first place...
    Anonymous -- Monday February 23 2009, @12:34AM (#322170)
  • Wait, the "Years" photos with the baby look fairly recent, but it was taken by Jake Walters who hasn't been around since "Southpaw?"

Am I wrong in the chronology?
    eugenius -- Monday February 23 2009, @11:57AM (#322231)
    (User #1665 Info | http://www.cherryplucker.com/)
    I'm almost sure you can do better than that.
  • Puts the choice of typography into better perspective. It's still unashamed kitsch though. And is the cornucopia supposed to be ironic, the bounteousness of the fruit contrasting with the 'refusal' of the title? If not, the images and the title don't square up.

Shame the cover has to be loaded with so much overt symbolism. Morrissey's covers, especially with (yes) The Smiths, used to pulsate with a quiet mystery. The LP is great, but I still think Morrissey's eye for visuals has deteriorated sharply.

Shame.

Terence Stomp
    Anonymous -- Monday February 23 2009, @04:13PM (#322248)

[ home | terms of service ]