posted by davidt on Thursday February 19 2009, @11:00AM
An anonymous person writes:
favorable OC Weekly review
Years Of Refual review by Albert Ching - OC Weekly
---
Michael Harkin writes:
At Crawdaddy! magazine, we've just posted a review of Years of Refusal. Check it out here:

Years Of Refual review by Jessica Gentile - Crawdaddy!
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Didn't finish reading either of these reviews.
    Anonymous -- Thursday February 19 2009, @02:36PM (#321789)
  • Some people just don't get it. 24 or so years ago Morrissey was a gladioli-loving pop star. Why is that even mentioned in a YOR review?? "There's no doubt his tried and true fans will eat this shit up"??? How about his new U.S. west coast fan base who I think will eat this album up even more! His relevance has already been established long ago and continues with YOR. Those of us who have memorized his every word thus far are not waiting for Morrissey to reinvent himself, are we? I personally love "Throwing My Arms Around Paris", and, yes, it does seem to take us back to some "earlier" sound. Is there a problem with this? The sarcasm of the writer eludes me on that one. Almost like she is accusing Morrissey of sounding like and being himself. Anyway, like I said, some folks don't get it, and I think this particular review illustrates that.
    jwizjam -- Friday February 20 2009, @06:22AM (#321883)
    (User #21207 Info)
  • ...why was it posted here.
    Anonymous -- Friday February 20 2009, @03:35PM (#321944)

[ home | terms of service ]