posted by davidt on Monday February 16 2009, @02:00PM
Morrissey interview with Zane Lowe - MTV2 UK (Feb. 16, 2009). Post your info and reviews in the comments section below.
Update: 02/19 18:50 GMT:
Claudia2006 provided a link to the download in the forums (original post).

Download available locally here (36.2 MB zip).
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Arrrg could someone post this on Youtube, I don't have this channel. :( - Thanks
    paul_psyche -- Monday February 16 2009, @02:04PM (#321394)
    (User #21725 Info)
    Take me In your Arms and love me...
    • Mtv 2 by Sumonessweetie (Score:0) Monday February 16 2009, @05:22PM
      • Re:Mtv 2 by Sumonessweetie (Score:1) Thursday February 19 2009, @10:02AM
        • Re:Mtv 2 by Sumonessweetie (Score:1) Friday February 20 2009, @11:10PM
  • Great interview so far- at least someone is asking interesting questions! the music- the band, how they work together. good stuff
    Anonymous -- Monday February 16 2009, @02:14PM (#321399)
  • Every day is like Sunday by The Smiths.

Looks like it'll be an hour long interview!
    Anonymous -- Monday February 16 2009, @02:14PM (#321400)
  • Really good interview. I can't understand Morrissey when he says "I don't know why people want The Smiths to make a comeback" They have a huge following and are a very famous band, doesn't he realise this? The fans would love to see them perform live again. I think he should seriously consider it. Not any new albums, but strictly a one off world tour. Do it for his fans. Doesn't Morrissey realise everyone would appreciate it?
    robbbi -- Monday February 16 2009, @03:02PM (#321407)
    (User #21985 Info)
  • Interesting watching his reaction to the Smiths questions. . .

Tsk, OF COURSE his final gig will be well thought out.

The Frankie Howerd Hall, Eltham awaits. . . .
    devout -- Monday February 16 2009, @03:04PM (#321408)
    (User #6172 Info)
  • It appears they have folk born with male and female genitalia

Well my reply is, so glad im English
    Never in my life heard the like, even from inbreds in norfolk or to stipulate kings lynn
    at least they only marry the cousin
    Anonymous -- Tuesday February 17 2009, @10:54AM (#321510)
  • What a great interview; one of the best I've seen. It's being repeated every night at 9pm on MTV2 this week if you missed it (soz I don't have the tech to put it on Utube but someone must please do it!). Zane managed to keep his own tendancy to arse lick and spout rubbish to a minimum (obviously there had to be some). Morrissey was relatively open, looked great and seemed to be enjoying himself. Did anyone notice that Moz's frown lines form a definite 'M' inbetween his eyebrows when he scrunches his face up in amusement/contemplation?
    piazzacavour -- Wednesday February 18 2009, @03:25AM (#321598)
    (User #20593 Info)
  • I just checked if this was up on youtube by now & came across an interview from 2006, Zane Lowe interviews Morrissey after his show at the Benicassim Festival. It seems to be quite a new video, had only 44 views so far.
    It´s only a couple of minutes long & the content is nothing astounding, BUT: Morrissey seems so relaxed & at ease, it´s a true pleasure to watch! :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksm38NmNODY
    Cashews -- Wednesday February 18 2009, @06:02AM (#321607)
    (User #18140 Info)
  • Thanks for the snippets on here. Unfortunately I have always thought Lowe to be nothing more than a greasy arse licker and so can not bear to watch him.

I remember a particular time, The Strokes were about to release their very disappointing second album and Lowe had heard it. His approach was embarrassing as he went on about the album as if it a masterpiece, slobbering over the guitarist and drummer. I would put money on it that he has not played that album in years.

So thanks for the info.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday February 18 2009, @07:09AM (#321613)
  • Anonymous -- Wednesday February 18 2009, @08:09AM (#321620)
    • Re:part 1 by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday February 18 2009, @11:30AM
    • Re:part 1 by goinghome (Score:1) Wednesday February 18 2009, @02:58PM
  • Oh my god, this is unbearable to watch. What a fucking, fucking idiot Zane Lowe is. Watching the way he so painfully labours to create the impression he's having a relaxed conversation with Morrissey rather than an interview, it's embarrassing. What the fuck is this with lobbing in his own opinions? "That's what makes some of the best music I think." Oh, fuck off.

And this bit, god: "You and the Roses are the only two bands I can think of whose members are all still around who people would like to see reform." The Roses? The Roses? What is he fucking talking about? He read somewhere in a magazine that the Stone Roses were "an important band" and he feels the question must be asked. Typical fucking Australian/ New Zealandeutsch. So starstruck, so hung up on the idea of how "important" musicians are. He does not have a CLUE about music. In fact, I would go as far as to say he hates music but he doesn't know it yet.
    crumlin bruiser -- Friday February 20 2009, @04:00AM (#321870)
    (User #18100 Info)

[ home | terms of service ]