posted by davidt on Thursday February 05 2009, @11:00AM
Uncleskinny writes:
Dandysweets has posted a (partial) interview with the Danish magazine Gaffa in the forums (original post)

Morrissey – Stadier paa Livets Vei - GAFFA
Af Lars Löbner Jeppesen
I anledning af Morrisseys niende soloalbum Years Of Refusal er GAFFA taget til London for at møde den altid elegante og vittige brokrøv til en snak om at være hjemløs og på lykkepiller

This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • lol makes me want to smirk right back at him!
    and smirks remind me of red!

SMIRKS!

Morrissey, Morrissey,Gotta Luv him!
    Marisela -- Thursday February 05 2009, @12:26PM (#320395)
    (User #1865 Info)
  • another great one- thanx for posting :^)
    Mud <[email protected]> -- Thursday February 05 2009, @02:19PM (#320403)
    (User #454 Info | http://jaytando.tripod.com/meeting-morrissey/)
    I'm really just Some Totally Random Moz Fan
  • so "naughty" :)
    Anonymous -- Thursday February 05 2009, @03:07PM (#320404)
  • ...Gaffa: "One can never be certain of anything
    Like the comeback album You Are The Quarry from 2004 the Years Of Refusal-album is produced by Jerry Finn who tragically lost his life shortly after finishing work on the album, aged just 39."

M: “It was always hysterically funny to be in Jerry’s company and his sudden death was indescribably tragic. First he had a bloodclot in his heart and the next day he had an aneurysm. He survived a few weeks and I visited him every day in the hospital the last two weeks of his life. It was all very unreal because three weeks before he fell ill we had had a big party at his house where we celebrated that we had finished Years Of Refusal and everyone were really happy. It was very strange to witness that he was so happy during work on the album and then he didn’t live long enough to see it being released. Let that be a lesson for us all because you can never be sure of anything in this life. But do we grow as people after an experience like that? I honestly don’t know. I still think we continue to worry about tiny stupid things. You lose one of your best friends and are deeply shaken for a while but then you return to your usual pattern where you worry about pathetic and irrelevant things. It’s man’s nature. But Jerry is gone and I still can’t really believe it”....'

Thanks Dandysweets, multiple ponderisms here.
    goinghome -- Thursday February 05 2009, @03:36PM (#320407)
    (User #12673 Info)
  • For some reason, Morrissey appears slightly older in this picture than the new ones I've seen.
    Anonymous -- Thursday February 05 2009, @06:44PM (#320416)
    • Re:Looks Older by Anonymous (Score:0) Sunday February 08 2009, @03:01PM
  • Thank you for the translation, dandysweets, you did a great job! :-)

What an enjoyable interview, cheers to Lars Löbner Jeppesen, who was not the usual awestruck interviewer but really turned this interview into something special & a lot more interesting than most interviews with Morrissey that I´ve read.

Also it was nice to get a glimpse of Morrissey´s emotional, affectionate side - I felt he showed himself a bit more than he usually does.

The interview was also funny AND the picture is groovy, what more can you ask for? :-)
    Cashews -- Friday February 06 2009, @10:32AM (#320483)
    (User #18140 Info)
  • 2 replies beneath your current threshold.

[ home | terms of service ]