posted by davidt on Monday February 02 2009, @12:30PM
An anonymous person writes:
As of this week, the Dublin Event Guide, which was referenced at Morrissey's brilliant Marlay Park gig in August 2006, along with its music writer Siobhán Kane who wrote, as Moz himself said "something beautiful" about him, has sadly stopped printing because of the severe economic conditions. It has been something of an institution in Irish, and most specifically, Dublin cultural life, and several brilliant writers have gone through its ranks, though the past few years have been particularly notable for Kane's contributions. Apparently it will continue on in a web-based form in the future (www.eventguide.ie) and the word is that it might go back to its printed form at some point. As a Dublin local, I wanted to pass this information on to fellow Morrissey fans that might not be aware of it, not just because he was a fan of the publication, but because he loves (as all of you surely do) good music journalism, and this modest publication was a true ambassador for that. A sad day for the independents, but hopefully it will live to fight many other days, it deserves to.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • I saw the notice in the papers over the weekend. What a loss of compact sharp scribing and listing! I suppose it was just too good to last.
    goinghome -- Monday February 02 2009, @01:35PM (#320260)
    (User #12673 Info)
  • Siobhan Kane should really stop going around the internet bigging herself up...
    Anonymous -- Monday February 02 2009, @01:56PM (#320265)
    • Re:Ahemmm... by Anonymous (Score:0) Monday February 02 2009, @03:20PM
    • Re:Ahemmm... by Anonymous (Score:0) Monday February 02 2009, @03:40PM
  • Don't know what Siobhan wrote in 2006, but she certainly made us laugh with that 2008 article: she was so high... Yo, keep passing the Dutchie wherever you go, Sio! (I even wrote something about you that O'Carolan could sing, just ask him next time you see him.)
    All da best-...on da left hand side! :-)

S.

(PS/ Write those fairy tales Siobhan! You know you want to...)

Anonymous -- Monday February 02 2009, @02:29PM (#320272)
  • Thousands are losing their right to work due to EU laws which allow italians and portugese to nick british working mens jobs

With all respect i think a pup journalist in the dublin post takes the back burner

irene
    liverpool
    Anonymous -- Monday February 02 2009, @11:54PM (#320295)

[ home | terms of service ]