posted by davidt on Wednesday December 31 2008, @10:00AM
leedoggpimp writes:
via their myspace site:

http://www.myspace.com/thecourteeners

From Buffalo, NY to Albuquerque, NM (18 dates)
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • how come theres they are opening for every show except the Foxwoods, CT one? is that show even confirmed?
    Anonymous -- Wednesday December 31 2008, @11:19AM (#317518)
    • Re:Foxwoods by Anonymous (Score:1) Thursday January 01 2009, @07:07AM
  • Uh Oh, they announced this before Moz got a chance to....He'll probably can them too.
    wemissumoz -- Wednesday December 31 2008, @11:35AM (#317520)
    (User #4088 Info)
  • Oh, man, you guys got Doll and the Kicks and we get the fucking Courteeners. Not fair. Not a bit fair. Oh well, as an enormous Kristeen Young fan, I guess I was previously dealt slightly too generous a hand by fate; I can always, you know, just not watch them or try to enjoy the set. They don't offend, I just don't see the appeal of them.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday December 31 2008, @12:23PM (#317526)
    • Re:Who? by Hello Indie (Score:1) Wednesday December 31 2008, @12:25PM
    • Re:Who? by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday December 31 2008, @12:28PM
      • Re:Who? by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday December 31 2008, @02:20PM
        • 1 reply beneath your current threshold.
    • Re:Who? by Hello Indie (Score:1) Wednesday December 31 2008, @12:29PM
    • Re:Who? by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday January 01 2009, @12:00PM
  • This is great news! They have a terrific sound and high energy. Would be nice if they joined for the earlier shows too.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday December 31 2008, @12:44PM (#317531)
  • i already miss girl in a coma.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday December 31 2008, @01:07PM (#317533)
    • Re:dammit by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday December 31 2008, @01:10PM
      • Re:dammit by Bona Ecaf (Score:1) Friday January 02 2009, @05:59PM
  • your in for a treat, they are a really decent band, dont moan about it, just get to the gigs early and enjoy, they have 1 album its called 'st.jude' get it bought, happy new year mozz
    Anonymous -- Thursday January 01 2009, @04:09AM (#317553)
  • ...are the best band in Britain since you know who.

Stop slagging them off and enjoy their gig, they are absolutely brilliant, full of energy and great tunes.

Stand out tracks are:

If It Wasn't For Me
    Fallowfield Hillbilly
    What Took You So Long?
    Cavorting

Having said that, the whole album is excellent.
    It is called St Jude. Buy it, download it, borrow it or steal it now, you won't regret it!

Anonymous -- Thursday January 01 2009, @05:15AM (#317556)
  • As some one else has said, The Courteeners are great, some great songs with all the energy of an early Oasis. Your Lucky to be having them
    mozsupportsrovers -- Thursday January 01 2009, @06:24AM (#317557)
    (User #18054 Info)
  • say they do (Score:2, Insightful)

support them in europe as well

happy newyearswishes everyone

and special for our webmaster, the one who keeps
    us alive and updated, the one and only
    David Tsjeng

[think about the shit he has to deal with, and
    is this true not true items, trusting the forum to a some people who he can rely on that it don't
    get too roughh, or posting illegal, or released
    material, the last still seems unclear to, but
    that not for now, it's about handling this website for all those years, all the best, luck and health for you]

[that'll give me 4 slimey points :) ]
    Celibate Cry <[email protected]> -- Thursday January 01 2009, @07:52AM (#317560)
    (User #220 Info)
    and the hills are alive with celibate cries
  • I kind of feel like the guy....????
    Anonymous -- Thursday January 01 2009, @11:38PM (#317574)
  • Second best gig i saw this year was from the Courteeners at Shepards Bush Empire (first was Moz at Roundhouse). Saw them in total three times this year. The place almost fell apart - i was at the front and looked back (just once) and the whole place was rocking - although couldnt believe how many fights were kicking off......sure this wouldnt happen in the USA though!
    Stanley Ogden -- Friday January 02 2009, @03:50AM (#317579)
    (User #21027 Info)
  • I really am looking forward to The Courteeners being Mozzers opening act. They are superior and way more talented than any of the other bamds that opened for him as of late. I indeed own their new album and listen to it numerous tomes a day I always enjoy the opening band and will be assured to get there promptly as to not miss the gorgeous Courteeners.
    Anonymous -- Friday January 02 2009, @06:12AM (#317585)
  • Im so gutted that the U.S. get the mighty Mancunian Courteeners, and angred that some of them are complaining about it. The Courteeners are amazing - I've seen them 3 times and they never fail to amaze me. And also the singer Liam Fray is an amazingly nice chap. I think that they will be the best band to ever support Morrissey. You Yankies have got it good!
    Anonymous -- Friday January 02 2009, @02:04PM (#317597)
  • every other fucking band out there.
    Anonymous -- Saturday January 03 2009, @12:39AM (#317605)
  • Courteeners... Yet another shitty band. Morrissey's taste in new music never ceases to amaze: Sack, Doll and the Kicks, Pony Club... But, on the other hand, the poor choice of support bands makes his own entrance the more craved and anticipated. I wonder if he reasons in such terms. Tiger Army might simply have been too good.
    Anonymous -- Saturday January 03 2009, @09:34AM (#317609)
    • tiger army? by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday January 07 2009, @01:39PM
  • This is the first time that I am looking forward to an act opening for Morrissey. Makes the drive from Birmingham to Atlanta and the $50 ticket price (since I am taking at least 2 of my kids) more palatable.

Hopefully Clearlake will come along over here next...
    Anonymous -- Saturday January 03 2009, @10:52AM (#317610)
  • Is the deal with this band. They suck. They are nothing new what so ever and are doing nothing new. Sounds like every other brit band to come out. Indie-whining bullshit with a leadsinger who thanks he is going to change the world. Well there not. There a flash in the pants kinda band. Lets see who Morrissey gets into next. The only band who slightly impressed me was Girl in a Coma. Bad band name but really refreshing.
    Anonymous -- Saturday January 03 2009, @05:21PM (#317619)
  • they look like idiots. what awful haircuts! and their music is bland.
    Anonymous -- Saturday January 03 2009, @07:15PM (#317622)
  • Courtship (Score:2, Interesting)

I think I'm missing something with The Courteeners (whom incidently I went around calling The Courteneers for the longest time ... one extra letter, one whole other meaning).
    I bought St Jude on the basis of their single 'Not 19 Forever' and the fact people were raving about having seen them live. Maybe they lose something in the translation of energetic live band to studio recording, but I was so distinctly underwhelmed and disappointed with the album that I returned it to HMV after 2 listens. Sorry guys.
    But hopefully they'll find an audience in the states who don't think they're just another Libertines tribute act.
    Despite all that, it's good to see Moz gunning for new bands, whatever the fans opinion.
    Mozzersgirl -- Sunday January 04 2009, @02:56PM (#317634)
    (User #14229 Info)
    "There's more evil in the charts than in an al-Qaeda suggestion box" - Bill Bailey
  • Man, this is great news!!! Just a few minutes I go I was down in the dumps after loosing in court to a traffic ticket...I feel better now. Ive been waiting for this band to tour the US for about a year and half. Now I'll be rockin out to them AND Moz what a treat. The whole of St. Jude rocks. Frys voice is...beautiful, specially when he does acoustic tunes. This is gonna be a fuckin great tour. I can assure you, that the crowd will be rocking out to these lads...unlike the heckling Miss. C.Young got. Im hoping they do a few solo gigs in and around the L.A. area too.
    Gin N Tonic Jil -- Tuesday January 06 2009, @12:16PM (#317914)
    (User #7276 Info)
    You're not down with who I am but, look at you now you're all in my hands...tonight I'm a Rock N' Roll Star!!
  • irene
    Anonymous -- Sunday January 04 2009, @05:44PM (#317639)
  • behave yourself
    america has supported the jews since 1948
    failing me that means they arent on the side of palestine

I hope palestine blows the fuck out of em
    jewish twATS

IRENE
    Anonymous -- Sunday January 04 2009, @06:17PM (#317642)
  • 6 replies beneath your current threshold.

[ home | terms of service ]