posted by davidt on Sunday December 28 2008, @09:00PM
An anonymous person sends the link/excerpt:

High Society Types Listening to the Smiths in New York Restaurant
A New Girl in Town, Stylish and Smart - NY Times

Behind him, men and women in their 20s and draped in black sipped house cocktails, like the cucumber martini and strawberry caipirinha, while swaying to the sounds of the Smiths. “I would go out tonight, but I haven’t got a stitch to wear,” a fashionista sang along with Morrissey, and with purpose, while thumbing away on her BlackBerry.
---
goinghome writes:
The Red Radio e-zine has High Hopes for YOR
The Red Radio online music magazine gives first place to Morrissey's Years of Refusal on its most wanted list for 2009 -

"We all know half the record already, but the half we don't know has a pretty insane buzz going on right now. Alain Whyte returned to write five of the new tracks with Moz - very promising. He also helped sculpt the two upcoming b-sides to first single I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris. Chrissie Hynde returns to guest some vocals on the b-side titled Shame Is The Name. Fans may remember that Hynde provided some backing vocals on Morrissey's 1991 single My Love Life. Fingers crossed for this one."
---
An anonymous person writes:
Top 10 Reissues of 2008 (Phoenix New Times)
The Top 10 Reissues of 2008

THE SMITHS
The Sound of the Smiths (Sire/Rhino) Considering the vast influence the Smiths continue to exert, Morrissey probably had no idea how prescient he was being when he wrote 1987's "I Started Something I Couldn't Finish." Or maybe he did; he notes elsewhere on this comprehensive singles comp that "These Things Take Time." Regardless, nobody ever mined the depths of misery with more acerbic wit than le Moz, and few (if any) have ever redefined the limits of rock guitar more thoroughly than his nemesis/muse Johnny Marr. Hand in glove, indeed. Extras: Live, demo and alternate versions of all manner of raincoat classics: "How Soon Is Now?" "This Charming Man," "Pretty Girls Make Graves," etc.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • NY Times (Score:2, Funny)

The article in the NY Times makes me wonder why I ever felt so incredibly alienated by elitists, if I have so much in common with them.
    Anonymous -- Monday December 29 2008, @06:54AM (#317408)
    • Re:NY Times (Score:2, Insightful)

Oh God. You've just summed up my experience in Paris.
      However, you do have to admit. When Morrissey was in The Smiths he virtually stood against anything posh and privileged. Although he may of dreamt of it but in fairness the whole reality of it didn't arrive until some years later.
      Hello Indie -- Tuesday December 30 2008, @04:49PM (#317502)
      (User #13749 Info | http://somedizzywhore.com/)
      Somedizzywhore.com offers free jars of beetroot for the elderly.

[ home | terms of service ]