posted by davidt on Wednesday December 24 2008, @02:00PM
Alan writes:
I went to school with the principal writer and leadsinger (Steve), who is in a band called The Sads. They are based in Czeckoslovakia, and have a great following in the country there and getting lots of attention in Europe. I think some of the European fans who visit your site (that is, non-British or non-US fans) would really get a kick of this.

[For some background, The Sads website is http://www.myspace.com/thesads - they've released their first album called ('Pregnancy Scare').]

The track I'd love for you to post up on main board is called 'You Turned Me Into Morrissey' -- it's a brand new cut (not on the album) just a basic track at now, no overdubs. Steve has posted it for free download here:

"You Turned Me Into Morrissey" - The Sads (2:59 mp3, 3.42 MB, right click to download)

I was thrilled when I heard it, great lyrics for a Moz fan, and asked him I could forward it to your site. He liked the idea, and in his words "the idea of even one serious morrissey fan hearing it. Even if - or perhaps especially if - he or she doesn't like it." He asked me to mention specifically that's it's just a basic track, not finished.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

[ home | terms of service ]