posted by davidt on Monday December 22 2008, @11:00AM
An anonymous person sends the link / excerpt:

The 2008 Guardian First Album award winner - The Guardian

The Courteeners formed two years ago. They met at school in Manchester and cite their influences as the Smiths, the Kinks and Oasis. In fact, among their fanbase is another Mancunian, Morrissey. "We played a free gig at Camden Barfly in London earlier this year and we heard from someone that Morrissey wanted to come down," says Fray. "Course you don't believe it, but then this black cab pulls up and I'm thinking, 'I recognise that quiff,' and the next thing he's there, saying. 'Hello Liam. Are you any good then?'" Morrissey later told an American radio station: "Every song was very strong and full of hooks and dynamics. So many groups in England, they're hyped and they're all over the press, but they don't actually have any songs, they don't really have anything to offer ... But it's different with The Courteeners."
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Being a massive Smiths/Moz/Oasis fan, a fellow fan tipped me off on this band. I was sent a link to DL their "Here Come The Young Men", 6 tracks and most of them solid! St. Jude, fantastic Lp. Well deserved. Can't wait for them to tour the states in 2009.
    Gin N Tonic Jil -- Tuesday December 23 2008, @11:08AM (#317207)
    (User #7276 Info)
    You're not down with who I am but, look at you now you're all in my hands...tonight I'm a Rock N' Roll Star!!
  • They are absolutely piss poor, seemingly beloved of swaggering lads and imbeciles.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday December 24 2008, @01:46AM (#317270)
    • Re:jesus by ++GrlLeastLikely++ (Score:1) Friday December 26 2008, @11:28PM

[ home | terms of service ]