posted by davidt on Sunday December 14 2008, @12:00PM
Rodrigo Bertin sends the link:

Johnny Marr refuses to be drawn on Smiths reunion - NME.com
Guitarist also reveals his latest project
---
The article is dated Dec. 13 but mentions "Marr also revealed that he has been mastering the forthcoming Smiths compilation, which is due out next month."
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Really?
    Anonymous -- Sunday December 14 2008, @01:23PM (#316569)
  • He probably refuses to be drawn on the subject of a Smiths' reunion 'cos he's sick to death of the subject.. it's not gonna happen - get over it.
    mick ransommich -- Sunday December 14 2008, @03:50PM (#316572)
    (User #8642 Info)
    'Two roads diverged in a wood and I, I took the one less travelled by. And that has made all the difference'.
  • blah blah blah!!! ...as if shying away when ask if they have a crush. Well they do....again.

No one (marr & moz) wants to talk about it for fear of saying the wrong thing and opening up old wounds

I liked it better when they were so quick to shoot down a 'Smiths Reunion' with their bitter words.

Now it seems like no one really wants to talk about it, as if they are trying to not jinx a reunion. So I think it's safe to say that a Smiths Reunion is coming very very soon :)

Just know, this might ruin everything.... and tomatos are expensive now a days.

jk foo jk.
    DeadElvis333 -- Sunday December 14 2008, @03:51PM (#316573)
    (User #9610 Info | http://www.myspace.com/thesmithsaredead)
  • "Refuses to be drawn"? Er...doesn't Marr respond by saying he hasn't even thought about it??
    Anonymous -- Sunday December 14 2008, @03:53PM (#316574)
  • that he had written I am throwing my arms
    around Paris (plus some of the others.....)

Strawberry.
    x
    Anonymous -- Sunday December 14 2008, @04:04PM (#316577)
  • I don't think anyone finds this remotely interesting anymore. It's a moribund subject, never going to happen, lets move on and stop posting any silly reference former band members make about it.

Would I be able to resist a Smiths reunion? Probably not, however the chances are slim so lets put this kind of thing down the pecking order a bit shall we!!!
    ejcurtis100 -- Monday December 15 2008, @06:39AM (#316601)
    (User #14232 Info)
  • Smiths compilation

is this an intervieuw from a months or 2 ago, that somehow got stuck in the faxmachine

or am I the only who bought
    'the sound of The Smiths' by Rhino, remasted
    by Johnny Marr a month ar so ago

another compilation?

is he on the dole or something?
    Celibate Cry <[email protected]> -- Monday December 15 2008, @08:09AM (#316607)
    (User #220 Info)
    and the hills are alive with celibate cries

[ home | terms of service ]