posted by davidt on Thursday October 30 2008, @10:00AM
kewpie sends the link (via Morrissey reddit) posted by moz'art girl in the forums (original post):

Artist Gordon donates work to Maggie’s - The Herald

Excerpt:

The leading Scottish artist Douglas Gordon has donated an artwork worth at least £44,000 to cancer caring charity Maggie's.

The Glasgow-born artist, the first Scot to win the Turner Prize, has donated a work depicting the singer Morrissey, entitled Self-Portrait of You + Me (Steven Morrissey), to the campaign.

It will be displayed tomorrow night as The Herald's Friends of Maggie's campaign hosts the Scottish charity gala screening of Quantum of Solace, the new James Bond film, at the Cineworld cinema in Renfield Street, Glasgow

...Gordon, born in Glasgow in 1966 and raised in Maryhill, said: "I did do a series of portraits as myself as the Bond girls that would have been ideal for this auction. Unfortunately they have all sold out, but there was this Morrissey picture, and he is still an icon.

"I made it in New York at about this time last year, so I hope it gets a good price."
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

[ home | terms of service ]