posted by davidt on Wednesday October 22 2008, @10:00AM
Len Brown writes:
re, Meetings With Morrissey posters (original thread / image posted in the forums by lightupvirginmary): in response to the discussion about the posters, I have to admit it was a publicity scam that shouldn't really have gone ahead. I'd hoped the publishers would promote the book via fly-posting but in the end they decided against it for financial reasons. But a few posters had already been made and these were put up in various places, mainly London and Manchester I think. The "sex" poster is, appropriately, a bit of a cock up really. It's definitely not the quote I wanted and in fact combines two Morrissey lines from different sections of the book. He actually said the line "sex is on everybody's mind" about characters in Alan Bennett's television plays. (See 'Morrissey's People' section.) The original plan was to use the quote from my 1990 interview: "whether you like me or not, I remain an individual...individually nauseating or individually interesting. The key word in my vocabulary is individualism". Oh well...

This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

[ home | terms of service ]