posted by davidt on Friday October 17 2008, @11:00AM
Vu writss:
Morrissey came to see Doll and the Kicks' concert.

MORRISSEY HEARTS DATK!!!! - Doll and the Kicks MySpace blog

Excerpt:

I would love to say that we had an ORDINARY gig last night where lots of ORDINARY fans came to see us do an ORDINARY set. However. This is not the case.

Both of the other bands booked to play The Fly in London pull out, so we were the only official band playing. Expectation one - no one will turn up apart from er my dad, justin and maybe our managers.....

WRONG.

The Fly was busy, yes busy, full of people eager to see DATK, in fact we have been promised a gig at The Barfly (camden) because of it. And i haven't even gotten to the best part. MORRISSEY came down with some friends to watch us play. Yes. He did. Morrissey. Came to watch us. (sorry for gushing Morrissey if you do ever happen to read this).

He liked, nay loved us said i was amazing and he loved Oliviers bass lines and thought our songs were great....... Oh and i kissed him on the cheek. He went for a hand shake but i thought 'fuck it' and grabbed my opportunity to touch his face with my lips. It was warm. Like a mans face should be.

So as well as meeting my new best friend Morrissey I had a pretty good gig, oh but i did break the button from my new urban outfitters skirt after having owned it for about --- 2 days? See you think you pay for quality but really it's no better than primarni (primark to all you not in the know).
---
Kewpie also sends the link to the post in the forums:

i saw morrissey at a gig last night post by brokenbottlesemptyhearts

yesterday i went to go and see one of my favourite bands, doll and the kicks http://www.myspace.com/dollandthekicks play at the fly on oxford street.

as you might know, the fly isn't known for being a bastion of the international playboys, with it's tiny stage and sticky floors, so it was a total surprise to see him there. doll and the kicks came on about 9 o clock, and there were only about 30 people there, as the crowd moved forward, i looked over and i saw morrissey and boz boorer! they were totally into it and stayed for the whole set!

moz was standing my the ladies bathrooms as as i shuffled past i heard him saying how much he loved the band. afterwards everyone went upstars and he hung out at the bar with the band, chattering away. moz was looking tres genteel and distinguished. i'll try and find pics of that night and post them.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • I thought he was here in LA at that time, reading that story of the other gig he went to recently? For not liking planes, he sure does travel alot.
    Anonymous -- Friday October 17 2008, @11:57AM (#313029)
  • Maybe Mozza was feeling a bit bored in his suite at the Dorchester and ringing Boz saying "Any boring indie gigs tonite in London Boz?"

And then Boz goes "yeah, lets go down to this shit hole on Oxford street".

Mozza gulps down the rest of his champagne and sighs "Oh, do I have to?"

Boz "Yes, come out, you old git, taxi's waiting".
    Anonymous -- Friday October 17 2008, @02:10PM (#313035)
  • I listend to them on myspace and am surprised how much they sound like L.A. based band Becky.
    Anonymous -- Saturday October 18 2008, @11:45PM (#313060)
  • 1 reply beneath your current threshold.

[ home | terms of service ]