posted by davidt on Tuesday October 07 2008, @10:00AM
Posted by joe frady in the forums:

JakeWalters.com update
Just stopped by http://jakewalters.com and there have been a couple of Morrissey photographs added. One you know (cover of 'That's How People Grow Up' cds/7"#1) and one you don't (a shot of Moz with Kate Mozzz naked driving in his car.......it's not what you think :) ) To find them you have to go to 'Archive' page 'one' and scroll along a bit. Unfortunately, no 'Hot Press' session out-takes as yet!

This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • I love Jake walter era Moz pics. The texture, tint, settings are pure Moz style. I hadn't seen these before and in my opinion this is where Moz looked his best. If I'm not mistaken aroung Vauxhall it makes him 35-36 I think.
    marred -- Tuesday October 07 2008, @01:17PM (#312618)
    (User #16308 Info)
  • I had no idea about this site, or his work. He's clearly a leader in his field.

Interestingly, you can buy prints for £200 or £450. Does that mean you could order the Moz ones? I suppose so.

• wasnt that the guy who used to plow on morrissey's patch of soil?
    my friend gave me an autograph she got from Moz during this time... sometime around late 93 in los angeles.
    she said moz couldn't be more gracious but that Jake was visibly annoyed. That he looked like a tough priss.

his shots are nice, though.
    wonder what went wrong between these two shirtlifters???
    Anonymous -- Tuesday October 07 2008, @04:58PM (#312634)
    • Re:jake? by Celibate Cry (Score:1) Thursday October 09 2008, @12:36AM
  • I think the best pictures of Morrissey throughout his career are taken by Jake Walters.....the /That's How People Grow Up/ is stunning & this years....Hot Press shirless cover pic.....beautiful.......

Industrialization69 -- Tuesday October 07 2008, @05:50PM (#312635)
    (User #21092 Info)
  • Jake Owen, was his bodyguard and lover, and boxer

I believe there has been talks about 2 Jakes

time to get facts straight

whose first :)
    Celibate Cry <[email protected]> -- Wednesday October 08 2008, @07:41AM (#312676)
    (User #220 Info)
    and the hills are alive with celibate cries
  • He was not gay
    that pic proves it !!
    Anonymous -- Wednesday October 08 2008, @01:59PM (#312699)
  • The snaps (and that's all they are) are nothing special.At least Linder Sterling made an effort to produce some iconic imagery
    desborokev -- Wednesday October 08 2008, @03:32PM (#312701)
    (User #20823 Info)
  • I would love the see the THPGU photo in color. How beuutiful the water must have been against his eyes, and his deep wood-brown hair against that blue. We get a mere impression of this through that stunning black and white photo. Great composition, too, that is lost in the cropping of it for the sleeve, alas.

What sweetness in the other candid photos. Moz, you are simply Perfect.
    romeogirl -- Wednesday October 08 2008, @11:23PM (#312714)
    (User #2891 Info)
  • If you look in the "commercial" section of his web site you find that Jake has no problem being hired to help sell LEATHER SHOES. I saw multiple photos in that section that had the sole purpose of selling leather shoes.

Morrissey once wrote "Meat Is Murder." But he had sexual relations with a man who sells his photography skills to clothing companies in order to PROMOTE LEATHER PRODUCTS.

What a whore.
    Anonymous -- Thursday October 09 2008, @02:40AM (#312728)

[ home | terms of service ]