posted by davidt on Tuesday October 07 2008, @10:00AM
fut sends the links to the images/story:

it takes strength to be gentle and kind... - image of tattoo
see!.... - Morrissey signing arm

"so yesterday at work, we had an instore with chrissie hynde and james walbourne of the pretenders. among a smaller than expected crowd (which included paul cook of the sex pistols), was my friend szabo's hero..morrissey. apparently, he and chrissie are good friends. he has seen szabo many times while he shopped here or enjoyed a pint up the street at the cat and the fiddle, but yesterday she finally had the nerve to ask him to sign her arm. she ran up the street to true tattoo and an hour and a half later, showed me this. szabo is one the the kindest people i have ever met. to see her so happy and filled with elation was amazing."
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Hey! Morrissey actually looks hip!
    Anonymous -- Tuesday October 07 2008, @11:03AM (#312601)
  • He's looking more and more like Michael Stipe by the day....
    Anonymous -- Tuesday October 07 2008, @11:27AM (#312602)
  • Some people stress how old he looks, but I think there's something always so playful and youthful about him - specially in this cute beret, pursing his lips like a child when he writes.
    Mrs. Woolf -- Tuesday October 07 2008, @06:01PM (#312637)
    (User #14157 Info)
  • Good Job On Buring His Spots... Fucking idiots!
    Anonymous -- Tuesday October 07 2008, @11:06PM (#312650)
    • What? by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday October 08 2008, @03:35PM
  • damnit, you could have mentioned my name
    you couldve dragged me in
    give me emailadress

nico item Fut

yours in despair
    Celibate Cry <[email protected]> -- Wednesday October 08 2008, @07:43AM (#312677)
    (User #220 Info)
    and the hills are alive with celibate cries
    • Re:oh Fut by fut (Score:1) Wednesday October 08 2008, @01:36PM
      • Re:oh Fut by Celibate Cry (Score:1) Thursday October 09 2008, @07:27AM
  • I mean read, o' course, t-shirts don't actually "say" anything - they can't talk.

All I can make out is "New Del..."
    Anonymous -- Wednesday October 08 2008, @01:31PM (#312696)
  • That's awesome. Thanks for sharing fut and going for it Szabo! You rock!

Nice to know Moz enjoyed the show in relative peace. I've been keeping my pocketbook and wandering eyes away from Amoeba lately, shucks.

And Paul Cook! If Steve Jones was also there, I would just about have to say there is no better heaven. Can we hope for future Moz/Hynde collaborations?
    romeogirl -- Wednesday October 08 2008, @11:52PM (#312716)
    (User #2891 Info)
  • He should at least wear it backwards.
    LoafingOaf <reversethis-{moc ... otstnilfcitnarf}> -- Thursday October 09 2008, @02:45AM (#312730)
    (User #778 Info)
    Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling.
  • "New Pretenders Tracks, Interview, and Giveaway!
    Over the years, PETA and animals have always been able to count on Chrissie Hynde. In fact, there is absolutely nothing that the gutsy, outspoken Pretenders frontwoman and founder wouldn't do to further the cause of animal rights.

From leading demos to writing countless letters to inviting PETA to table at her many tour stops to signing petitions—like this one asking the South Korean government for better treatment of dogs and cats to hosting benefit shows to even opening her own vegan eatery, The VegiTerranean Restaurant, the plight of animals is always on Chrissie's mind. And she's never too busy to roll up her sleeves and pitch in.

In 2004, Hynde led a protest against KFC in France, where she and other activists smeared "blood" on the windows and were arrested. She's also called for an end to New York City's horse-drawn–carriage industry, taken part in demonstrations calling for a ban on mulesing and live export while touring in Australia, and spoken out against Iams.

When she's not busy helping animals, Hynde and The Pretenders manage to make some of the best music you'll ever hear—they don't induct just anyone into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, you know. Check out "Boots of Chinese Plastic" and "Love's a Mystery" from the band's long-awaited ninth studio release, Break Up the Concrete, and order your copy today at Amazon.com or through iTunes, which entitles you to three bonus tracks.

Check out what Chrissie had to say when PETA Senior Vice President Dan Mathews recently caught up with her during The Pretenders' current tour.

Enter to win! Complete the form below by November 1 for a chance to win a signed Fender Telecaster guitar or one of 10 copies of The Pretenders' Break Up the Concrete. If you're the grand-prize winner or one of the 10 runners-up, we'll notify you by November 4. Good luck!"

See full story with links on: http://www.peta.org/feat-pretenders.asp#?c=weekly_enews [peta.org]

goinghome -- Thursday October 09 2008, @03:15PM (#312790)
    (User #12673 Info)
  • I got so excited at the prospect of possibly running into him at amoeba. I recognized the store instantly.

What a very lucky girl!
    mademoiselle x -- Friday October 10 2008, @12:10AM (#312808)
    (User #21258 Info)

[ home | terms of service ]