posted by davidt on Thursday October 02 2008, @12:00PM
An anonymous person sends the link / excerpt:

Race to the top - Montreal Mirror

M: I know you’re a Smiths fan, so I was going to ask you if this had anything to do with Morrissey’s early asexual phase.
RY: Oh, I should probably say that in future.
M: What’s that line? “The hills are alive with celibate cries.”
RY: Yeah. It’s so horrible when people aren’t givin’ it up.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • I don't get it.
    Anonymous -- Thursday October 02 2008, @04:47PM (#312400)
    • Re:umm... by MindKiller317 (Score:1) Thursday October 02 2008, @04:53PM
  • are a very good band and the Morrissey influence is obvious if you listen to their stuff and it is good

Go Sarah Palin
    Anonymous -- Friday October 03 2008, @04:49AM (#312429)
  • Whoever said the Morrissey influence is obviously there are completely mad,
    I hate it when these supposedly 'edgey modern' bands cite Morrissey as an influence simply because hes become fashionable.
    I have no problem with this, its just people should adore Morrissey for his music, and lyrics not because hes the latest trend.

I dont know a lot about this world, but i know these people deserve shooting, or beheading... Il allow the Morrissey-solo forums to decide
    Anonymous -- Friday October 03 2008, @08:20AM (#312437)
  • yeah i can tell by reading this interview how much reggie is empirically registering thorough commitment to seeking out morrissey's intent in the verses. I just love to see someone so genuinely into him in this time of tricksters glomming on to morrissey by answering that and staying fashionable. May God Teach Him How to Dance with celibate thighs.
    Anonymous -- Sunday October 05 2008, @09:10PM (#312534)

[ home | terms of service ]