posted by davidt on Friday August 22 2008, @02:00AM
Chris writes:
Well, it's not Morrissey, but Tony Visconti will be interviewed on WBEZ's "Sound Opinions". I'm not expecting a big Morrissey discussion. The two hosts, Greg Kot and Jim DeRogatis, have never proven to be big supporters of either the Smiths or Morrissey. They never really tend to see Morrissey as influential as they do overseas, focusing on more rock and punk oriented stuff. Pretty conventional thinkers.

http://www.chicagopublicradio.org/SoundOpinions.aspx
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • then what is he? I've always listened to this show and do they like Morrissey they just dont seem to hype him up as much. They do like Wilco a tad too much though.
    Anonymous -- Friday August 22 2008, @06:36AM (#310431)
  • i really dont have anything else to say
    Anonymous -- Friday August 22 2008, @07:48AM (#310434)
  • I'll take a pass. I've never cared for their reviews, certainly those unfavorable of Morrissey.
    Besides, I already know my kid wants the new Jonas brothers record. *rollseyes*
    Corrissey -- Friday August 22 2008, @09:04AM (#310437)
    (User #18538 Info)
    Here you'll find my thoughts and I
  • 'rock types don't like morrissey.' way to stereotype. moz was born a rocker and will die a rocker. what else could you call a guy who's favroites include the ny dolls and who auditioned to sing for slaughter and the dogs? He's even going to play the cockney rejects on his radio show. 100% punk rock.

my favorite of his albums is southpaw (and it's b-sides) and I don't care how much people slag it off.
    Anonymous -- Friday August 22 2008, @01:57PM (#310469)

[ home | terms of service ]