posted by davidt on Sunday March 23 2008, @02:00PM
devoted101 writes:
I've noticed on iTunes that many people seem to love One Tree Hill as it is often the most downloaded TV show on iTunes. Twice thus far in season 5 there have been Moz related episode titles.

In an episode called "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want" "The gang struggles to redefine changing relationships."-iTunes

AND

in an episode called "You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side" "On the eve of their own wedding, Lucas and Lindsey (recurring guest star MICHAELA McMANUS) conspire to save Nathan and Haley's marriage." - iTunes

I also noticed there is an Elvis song named episode, "I Forgot To Remember To Forget".

Has anyone seen this show?
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • The show itself is named after a U2 song (probably!) so it seems quite likely that they're fans of The Man. I'm sure lots of Moz fans love U2 as well. Maybe it's that Irish Blood...

Wouldn't be the first time US TV nodded to their musical faves... Remember the X-Files and their reference to Frank Black of the Pixies?

And let's not forget Buffy and their penchant for the Breeders...

Anonymous -- Sunday March 23 2008, @02:29PM (#298856)
  • No.
    FMZDer_Pole -- Sunday March 23 2008, @02:33PM (#298857)
    (User #19761 Info)
  • because that is my age, but i flipped on one tree hill one time and they were playing the cure-prayers for rain and i thought i need to watch this show. Maybe this smiths reference will get to actually watch this show
    rooneyred -- Monday March 24 2008, @03:28PM (#298920)
    (User #17066 Info)
  • The creator of One Tree Hill is a big music fan, and every episode is named after one of his favourite songs, or after a line from one of these songs, etc.

There are loads of references to punk rock bands such as NOFX, Descendents, Hot Water Music, and alternative rock bands such as The Get Up Kids and Dashboard Confessional.

It's actually a very good show and I'd recomend anyone who likes a bit of drama to watch it. I've seen all 5 seasons.
    Anonymous -- Monday March 24 2008, @07:16PM (#298935)
  • I've seen all the 5 seasons, and I must admit it's shait, but entertaining. I was hoping they where going to play the song in the episode, but they didn't. It could be worse though, they could've played Muse's cover which is vile.
    Seem's like a popular song to use in TV, since it's in Extras Christmas Special and This Is Enland.
    AleksW -- Tuesday March 25 2008, @02:15PM (#298980)
    (User #21059 Info)

[ home | terms of service ]