posted by davidt on Friday March 21 2008, @11:00AM
Punky writes:
The Department of Sociology and the Irish World Academy of Music and Dance at University of Limerick, are hosting a seminar on The Smiths and Morrissey on April 23rd 2008.

The speakers are Dr. Nabeel Zuberi, Department of Film, Television and Media Studies, Auckland, New Zealand and Dr. Eoin Devereux, Department of Sociology, University of Limerick, Ireland. The respondent will be Dr. Colin Coulter, Department of Sociology, NUI, Maynooth, Ireland.

The seminar takes place in FB028, The Foundation Building, University of Limerick, Ireland between 2pm and 5pm.

Admission is free.

For further details email [email protected]
---
Uncleskinny also writes:
Eoin Devereux of the University of Limerick (user 'Punky' on the forums) is asking fans for their experiences - details here.

He's also hosting an academic event on the Smiths on April 23rd in Limerick - details here.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Good luck for the seminar to the Dr. from the Bruff chapter, (all 3, including the newest Mozetta at 19 days old)

ps....I had a dream last night that the Moziah, played again in UL, organised by Dr. Tours....could it have been a premonition...?

Anonymous -- Friday March 21 2008, @07:35PM (#298759)
  • Is this what counts as worthy academia in the Irish Republic these days?
    Anonymous -- Saturday March 22 2008, @10:18AM (#298789)
    • Re:Nonsense by Anonymous (Score:0) Saturday March 22 2008, @11:03AM
    • Re:Nonsense by Anonymous (Score:0) Saturday March 22 2008, @05:41PM
  • I'd love to attend but can't see me being able to. Gutted.
    Morrissey the 23rd <[email protected]> -- Saturday March 22 2008, @10:48AM (#298794)
    (User #910 Info | http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Morrisseythe23rd)
  • Why is it that it's never enough just to like pop music these days?

For what it's worth, I can't stand the clamour in certain circles to somehow "legitimise" pop music as a higher art form than it is. And this kind of pseudo-academic bilge is a perfect example.

It's just pop music. What's wrong with that?
    finethen -- Wednesday March 26 2008, @01:53AM (#299009)
    (User #12339 Info)

[ home | terms of service ]