posted by davidt on Friday March 21 2008, @11:00AM
An anonymous person writes:
On Saturday March 15 a live video of Morrissey performing "That's How People Grow Up" was featured on UK TV channel E4's "E4 Gets Unsexy", a program that featured the unsexiest music videos of all time. The video was more or less a montage of stage-rushers grabbing Moz, who appeared generally somewhat sweaty and often sported a half-unbuttoned, perhaps too-tight shirts.

Here is the description of the show from E4's website:
"09:50 E4 GETS UNSEXY
Justin may be bringing sexy back but E4 Music is throwing it in the bin until it goes mouldy and smells a little bit like sick and soured milk. Let us be your guide to all things unsexy."

No re-airing of the show is scheduled at this time.

---
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • gawd that chorus is terrible! i just can't get past it, ehhh...
    Anonymous -- Friday March 21 2008, @11:12AM (#298718)
  • don't hate him because he's beautiful
    Anonymous -- Friday March 21 2008, @11:15AM (#298720)
  • The big drum in the back is not sexy.

The band (not group) look like waiters at a cheap italian diner.

Boring song, terrible video.

The Fall kicked ass last nite-
    MES is 50 and his boogie moves make Moz look diabetic. But seriously, MES's Mrs is tres bien.
    I've been duped.... yeah 5th rate punk song---

c u norco

kaj kaj: you can't come
    lonedom -- Friday March 21 2008, @11:43AM (#298725)
    (User #7846 Info)
    Veteran of both World Wars on Job Seekers Allowance
  • He does have a problem with wearing his clothes too tight. I suspect it's a psychological thing that he doesn't want to admit to himself that he's bigger than he was.

Most men would have a significant other to tell them about this or to buy them the right size.
    Anonymous -- Friday March 21 2008, @12:00PM (#298726)
  • So is it kristeen young in the beginning of the song singing?
    Anonymous -- Friday March 21 2008, @01:17PM (#298732)
    • Re:kristeen by dbowie (Score:1) Friday March 21 2008, @03:50PM
  • A woman who I occasionally work with came into the shop a while ago. She is a stylist who works in the fashion industry with some of the most beautiful people in the world. She knows sexy. Anyway, she also knows I'm a bit of a Mozobsessive, and she mentioned that she had seen Morrissey at one of the Hammerstein gigs last October:

"I almost passed out when he took his shirt off" she said.

"Oh, really?" says I.

"Yes, he is sooooooooo sexy, I just could not believe it. Does he do that often?"

"Yes, usually several times a show."

"Well then, I'll have to see him much more often!"

So there you have it - an unsolicited testimonial from someone who is not even a big fan. The last album she listened to was Bona Drag.

Sure, he may not be everyone's idea of sexy, but he's still got that certain something that makes him irresistible to people who appreciate authenticity, humor, charisma and The Voice that Launched a Thousand Ships.

Anaesthesine -- Friday March 21 2008, @05:14PM (#298753)
    (User #14203 Info)
    If Moz did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.
  • that was the undoing of the sexiness
    rooneyred -- Friday March 21 2008, @08:35PM (#298761)
    (User #17066 Info)
  • What are they talking about? Morrissey invented sexiness. All he has to do is stand on stage and grin, thats it, 100% sex!
    i'llsendyoumine -- Saturday March 22 2008, @12:57AM (#298771)
    (User #20579 Info)
  • and it was very very good! And this song is great! I really think the UK needs to embrace morrissey and his fans more and not be so judgmental....so what if they jumped on stage and got sweaty from doing so...at least they did get to hug morrissey!
    anyone critizing morrissey for his song and video and fans are complete idiots!!!
    i think the reason he picked the hollywood bowl for this song's theme is becasue maybe he really loved it there...this was one of his best shows i have ever seen..and he really loved and reached out to the crowd.
    So all you people calling this video unsexy becasue for americans just being plain Morrissey fans need to judge themselves. Maybe your additudes are a little unsexy
    jimmymoz1234 -- Saturday March 22 2008, @01:01AM (#298772)
    (User #20955 Info)
  • Someone said something non complimentary?

Lets cut their cocks off!
    Anonymous -- Sunday March 23 2008, @12:17AM (#298832)
  • terrible bloody song
    Anonymous -- Sunday March 23 2008, @04:11PM (#298862)
  • Are there any other live official videos from the hollywood bowl floating around?
    Anonymous -- Sunday March 23 2008, @04:18PM (#298863)
  • ... is in the eye of the beholder ;)
    secret -- Tuesday April 01 2008, @02:13AM (#299269)
    (User #18287 Info)

[ home | terms of service ]