posted by davidt on Wednesday March 05 2008, @01:00PM
An anonymous person writes:
Found some old footage thats turned up on Youtube of Morrissey with 'Spend Spend Spend' Author Viv Nicholson. Star of the " Heaven knows i'm Miserable Now" sleeve.

She also has a website http://www.vivnicholson.co.uk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hmxncGGykk

This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Isn't this clip just the same footage that's on the South Bank Show? I haven't watched it for over a decade, but I remember this.
    Sharron Needles -- Wednesday March 05 2008, @02:05PM (#297772)
    (User #762 Info)
    Inside every adult male is a denied little boy -Nancy Friday
  • Holy smokes that was brilliant! Man he was young in that clip!

I'm really just Some Totally Random Moz Fan
  • Is Viv still alive?

that was some time ago
    Anonymous -- Wednesday March 05 2008, @04:46PM (#297786)
  • thank you. i've seen stills from this interview but was never able to see the video. ahhh, moz in glasses....
    xtini -- Wednesday March 05 2008, @07:15PM (#297800)
    (User #5459 Info)
  • When I saw this years ago I always thought Morrissey looked uncomfortable with her.

Her story was an interesting explosion form moribund working poverty to brief reckless glamour and spending but from current perspectives of endless lottery/scratchball winnings, it no longer has much resonance.

She's still alive,still milking her story, she has an official website here:

http://www.vivnicholson.co.uk/

And it seems there's a play based on her story doing the rounds of the UK.
    BrummieBoy -- Thursday March 06 2008, @06:21AM (#297846)
    (User #11602 Info)
    sig cancelled
  • about, how's Viv doing, Morrissey?

nice PR and say hello, wave goodbye?

I hope not, and he gives Viv a cheque regurly
    Celibate Cry <[email protected]> -- Thursday March 06 2008, @08:22AM (#297858)
    (User #220 Info)
    and the hills are alive with celibate cries
  • I don't intend to be mean, but why does/did Morrissey admire her.
    She is like most people who win a large amount of money...the stories of lottery winners going bankrupt is as thick as fleas on a dog...they just overspend and are usually worse off after the win than before.

From what I have read of her she was just materialistic and wanted more things. No financial planning or anything. "I have the money so I'll spend it."

What's to admire?
    Anonymous -- Thursday March 06 2008, @09:48AM (#297872)
  • Good to see some old stuff go from VHS to digital format. I have TONS of old stuff on VHS, would love it if it all went digital.
    Gin N Tonic Jil -- Thursday March 06 2008, @03:08PM (#297906)
    (User #7276 Info)
    You're not down with who I am but, look at you now you're all in my hands...tonight I'm a Rock N' Roll Star!!
  • any relation?!?
    you know who you are!
    Glam Gaz -- Thursday March 06 2008, @03:16PM (#297908)
    (User #14433 Info)

[ home | terms of service ]