posted by davidt on Wednesday March 05 2008, @01:00PM
Stokeypokey writes:
I was distressed to hear recently that Tory Boy David Cameron recently cited The Smiths as one of his favourite bands. I posted a question to him on Guardian Unlimited to ask him whether he was familiar with Margaret on the Guillotine! See his response below (4th entry down the list)

Live web chat with David Cameron today

DC: I do really like the Smiths - I remember when I first heard "This Charming Man" and watched Morrissey on TOTP with the hearing aid and the flowers. I saw him quite recently at Wembley Arena. Why the Smiths? I just think the lyrics - even the ones I disagree with - are great and often amusing.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • He has no soul.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday March 05 2008, @03:54PM (#297779)
  • This has come up a few times on here.

Its not important. Not even slightly.

So he likes Morrissey, so what? Doesn't mean you have to vote for the fella does it?
    And just because we are fans of Morrissey it doesn't mean we have the right to choose who else is allowed to be a fan
    Richey <[email protected]> -- Wednesday March 05 2008, @04:36PM (#297785)
    (User #13337 Info)
  • So someone with a different political viewpoint from yours also likes Morrissey. For fucks sake get a life.

Maybe all Morrissey fans should be paid up members of this nauseating New Labour mob who have lied through their teeth on every promise they ever made since 1997?
    Anonymous -- Wednesday March 05 2008, @07:41PM (#297809)
  • Sad to hear that that poor sensitive soul Stokeypokey was distressed that Cameron likes Morrissey.

No doubt it's a similar nightmare for him when someone leves the lid off the margarine.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday March 05 2008, @07:46PM (#297810)
  • Ignore the trolls, I found that a pretty amusing way to spend a few minutes. Maybe, they should lighten up.
    Anonymous -- Thursday March 06 2008, @04:15AM (#297837)
  • What the fuss with this?

It's not as if there's an ocean of clear Blue water between the policies of the Centre-Left Tories and Centre-Right Labour.

Unless and until the Tories rescind on their heroine, Thatcher: They haven't got a chance of power, and they know it.

I suspect they're just pretending to be 'nice' and that Cameron's love of The Smiths is an attempt to signal that. But he may be a Trojan Horse. Beware!
    BrummieBoy -- Thursday March 06 2008, @06:15AM (#297845)
    (User #11602 Info)
    sig cancelled

[ home | terms of service ]