posted by davidt on Friday June 29 2007, @12:00PM
natec writes:
From BBC News
-----
Music retailer Fopp has announced it is shutting down its 105 shops, as the firm becomes the latest victim of the slump in CD sales.
"It is with great regret that we announce the closure of Fopp," said a spokesman for the company.
-----

The stores are closing with immediate effect, quite obviously cancelling the appearance that Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce were to make at their flagship London, Tottenham Court Road store on July 16th, as reported in an early Morrissey-solo story.
---
Link from Martin:

Fopp closes down its 105 stores - BBC News
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • I guess the Northern Leeches won't be pedalling their wares after all then! The Lord moves in mysterious ways!
    Anonymous -- Friday June 29 2007, @12:40PM (#265357)
  • My ideal day off in London is to wander around the record shops in the West End. Sister Ray, Fopp, HMV & The Record Exchange. Just to browse and have a look what's out. I do a bit of downloading myself but I still LOVE going to record shops to buy records and CDs. It has always been my Favourite thing to do.
    So many good record shops have gone under the hammer and I think it is very very very sad that people prefer downloading to actually going out to BUY records. I have also heard that apparently HMV are making huge losses and that it's only the sale of DVD's that keeps them afloat at the moment. Also apparently ALL CD singles will be phased-out in near future so the "singles" will only be available as downloads. Such Misery!
    Come on People: Go out to the shops and buy more Cds!!!
    Anonymous -- Friday June 29 2007, @05:57PM (#265404)

[ home | terms of service ]