posted by davidt on Friday June 29 2007, @12:00PM
Reminder - tonight on CBS, Morrissey on "The Late Show with David Letterman" is broadcast (taped June 25).

Update: 06/30 22:25 GMT: Download (link from frodisman) and YouTube video (link from I am a Ghost) posted in the forums (thread):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJgltCQ7omo

---
Related items:
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Will be taped. And in Super-VHS too.
    Foster -- Friday June 29 2007, @12:16PM (#265356)
    (User #14088 Info)
    • Re:No Subject by redpathetic (Score:1) Friday June 29 2007, @04:04PM
    • Re:No Subject by Anonymous (Score:0) Friday June 29 2007, @04:10PM
      • Re:No Subject by Mrs. Woolf (Score:1) Friday June 29 2007, @04:21PM
        • Re:No Subject by Anonymous (Score:0) Friday June 29 2007, @07:02PM
    • Re:No Subject by Anonymous (Score:0) Sunday July 01 2007, @09:16AM
  • God, what a horrible performance!
    Anonymous -- Friday June 29 2007, @12:42PM (#265358)
  • his voice sounded horse... didnt it? hope hes not getting sick!
    Anonymous -- Friday June 29 2007, @01:17PM (#265362)
  • seeing how he cancelled the philly show, wonder if Moz will sit around the telly tonight and watch his performance?
    Anonymous -- Friday June 29 2007, @01:31PM (#265363)
  • ...What, I can't!
    The Bicycle Tragedy -- Friday June 29 2007, @02:38PM (#265368)
    (User #18769 Info)
  • Just got off the line with reps from MSG and Live Nation, the concert scheduled for 30 June 2007 is off due to illness. Ticketholders are being advised to hold onto tickets for the new date or seek refunds at place of purchase. Such a Bummer!
    jazzcannon -- Friday June 29 2007, @03:23PM (#265370)
    (User #19154 Info)
  • They are eating meat on Letterman --- this is also unacceptable to me as well. It's disgusting.
    Anonymous -- Friday June 29 2007, @09:27PM (#265440)

• Ha ha that was so funny! take that moderator BORED!
    Anonymous -- Friday June 29 2007, @09:41PM (#265444)
  • Best new song in awhile! He was so good!
    (Yes he looks old, he's 50!) At this rate we'll get another great album out of him!!!

Wishing him better health! See you @ PNC and then the Garden!
    jazzcannon -- Friday June 29 2007, @09:41PM (#265445)
    (User #19154 Info)
    • yes by Corrissey (Score:1) Friday June 29 2007, @09:58PM
      • Re:yes by Anonymous (Score:0) Saturday June 30 2007, @08:54AM
  • Letterman and the crew were eating ribs - then they passed ribs out to the audience, then Letterman commented that the whole studio smelled like ribs. Poor Morrissey never had a chance.

I thought Kristeen Young did a very good job, and was a dynamic addition to the band. Pleasantly suprised.

"Thank god for beef" - how unfortunate.

Seriously, get well soon Moz - I cannot wait too much longer...
    Anaesthesine -- Friday June 29 2007, @09:43PM (#265447)
    (User #14203 Info)
    If Moz did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.
  • His voice was so beautiful -- he looked adorable as usual. Thank God he cancelled the garden. David Letterman is disgusting for eating meat on his show; it's an insult to my intelligence.
    Mike Joyce is also hideous and Morrissey should have won.
    The performance tonight on Letterman was too adorable for words.
    I love you Morrissey.
    Anonymous -- Friday June 29 2007, @09:43PM (#265448)
  • 47 minutes of phony politicians, SUV commercials, and talentless actors promoting terrible movies.

King's Road collided with the captain of the Nascar intellectuals as a plate of ribs was paraded and then devoured on national television...only in America.

New York's pre-recorded sky in Summer, broadcast long after dusk into living rooms never programmed to receive them, opened for three and a half minutes to show the two horsemen of the apocalypse tell a song - story of the power of sadness to age the innocent..."that's how people grow up" explained the grey-templed assassin, levelling the legacy of every act ever to have graced that stage before him, accompanied faithfuly by the poison- tipped voice of Kristeen Young, her heart-puncturing trapped-ghost exhaltation proclaiming the new age of Art-Rock, wrapped in crystalline spheres like a living doll...her two-dozen lungs expelling enough x-rated passion to smother all dreams of monogamy for men and women everywhere on Earth.
    When first they appeared on stage together the camera could momentarily only see her, it forgot ALL ELSE...three blissful seconds of awestruck short-circuited hysteria.....All planets, discovered and hidden, lined up at the sound of her call...she saved the song by bringing desperately-needed danger to a musical landscape otherwise marked only by pathos and well-versed cynicality.

Without her, he is Morrissey, patron saint of the lost and the lethargic.

But with her, he is a deadly disease to anyone trying to conceal the Truth; he arrests Life's liars and she locks them in their cells to mourn the freedom they never deserved to begin with.

A team to be reckoned with.

www.myspace.com/thebicycletragedy
    The Bicycle Tragedy -- Friday June 29 2007, @09:47PM (#265449)
    (User #18769 Info)
  • that explains his illness. how ironic they had ribs all over the show and people eating them. I think boz ate some ribs backstage too. Did anyone see the look letterman gave to kristeen young. He looked like he was scared. Plus the transformers guests name means "thank God for beef."
    Anonymous -- Friday June 29 2007, @09:48PM (#265450)
  • What an awful afternoon in NY for Morrissey to put up with. No wonder he got sick. Whomever on the staff of the late show who pulled such a gross prank should be fired! I almost skipped out of work to wait in line to see him on Letterman. Now I may not watch ever again.

And of course I finish watching the worst tv has to offer and I find out no Moz at MSG tomorrow. So very sad. I guess we'll all see him in NJ. Get better Mozzer!
    At_Amber -- Friday June 29 2007, @10:09PM (#265460)
    (User #19482 Info)
  • For christ's sake, he has a game show called "Name the cut of meat." They give away free steaks on the show all the time. This is part of the show, and has nothing to do with Morrissey being on it. I'm sure if it bothered him that much, he wouldn't have agreed to be there. Quit whining.
    IJustAte -- Friday June 29 2007, @10:21PM (#265466)
    (User #12805 Info)
  • I don't know whether to feel angry with myself or with Letterman... While I was waiting for the tail end of the show, when Morrissey and Kristeen were supposed to show up, I just dozed off and woke up a few minutes after the show was over. It's been a long week for me, and I am really tired. But, hey, that's not the major factor. Let's not forget motivation. To be honest, David Letterman to me is the most un-funny, boring, pretentious creature on earth, and he got me so bored, so bored I just couldn't resist turning my arse to the TV while Morrissey wouldn't show up. When I saw a plate of ribs in the show, I thought "oh-oh, this is not going to be a good night for Morrissey". Then I went to this ass-hole's website, and he has Bryan Ferry, Ryan Adams, etc, etc, even the Modest Mouse in his list of past shows - except Morrissey! Is this a pro-rib plot or something?

If anyone happens to be able to download Morrissey on youtube I will be sincerely grateful. Sorry I was such an arse for snoozing (Letterman causes laringitis and lethargia). Letterman, you are a health hazard.
    Mrs. Woolf -- Friday June 29 2007, @11:09PM (#265473)
    (User #14157 Info)
  • like always morrissey looked good!

kristeen young was wasting her time on stage. she was wearing the same outfit she wore @ the hollywod bowl.

I can now say that morrissey is just under 6 foot. Unless he was wearing heels.

Please don't tell me that he was wearing heels.

ella-reflex -- Saturday June 30 2007, @12:46AM (#265483)
    (User #13859 Info | http://myspace.com/ella_reflex)
    Only when I'm dancing can I feel this free...
  • I watched the whole show and throughout they had this bit about BBQ ribs. Dave was eating them and passing them out to the audience and mentioning them right up to Moz's performance and after the song when the show ended the last thing you here is "mmm ribs". I don't know if it is asking to much to know something about your guests and to not offend them. I wonder if Moz was even aware of the joke prior to playing. Not cool disrespecting our man.
    cordart -- Saturday June 30 2007, @06:00AM (#265502)
    (User #19484 Info)
  • It really seems to me (*HUGE* a fan since 1986) that Morrissey really has a spotty record with melody and lyrics these days. This song is amazingly unmemorable and lyrically lazy (in the vein of most of Kill Uncle):

"I was driving my car,
    I crashed and broke my spine,
    So yes, there are things worse in life than
    never being some-one's sweetie"

ugh

Pretty much the same as:

"o, give us a drink
    And make it quick
    Or else I'm gonna be sick
    All over
    Your frankly vulgar
    Red pullover "

and

"Your boyfriend, he
    Went down on one knee
    Well, could it be
    He's only got one knee ?"

There have been times in his solo career when Morrissey has come millimeters close to getting it right (see Viva Hate, most of Your Arsenal, and the first 7 tracks on Vauxhall), but more often than not he's slogged thruogh with overly verbose, under melodic hack jobs that feel to me like filler stuffed in to make the package look finished.

Personally I wish he'd relax, take his time, find producers who have the deep rooted understanding of what works best for his voice and style (Stephen Street, Chris Dickie, Vini Reilly, Mick Ronson, Steve Lillywhite) and imbue his work with the heart and depth of his early work.

I have a theory though that the vast majority of songwriters do their best work within the first couple of albums. As an angst ridden, "chomping at the bit" upstart you have alot to prove. As time goes by it becomes more about laboring and plowing through just to maintain your seat at the table.

This tour (I've seen four dates so far) has rare glimpses when it seems like Morrissey isn't planning out tomorrows meal and wondering what time Keith Olbermann comes on in this time zone. He seems to really want nothing more than to get off the bus, do the show, get back on the bus and leave...gone are the days when he really seemed to be "one of us"....devoted, loving fans who have a secret connection with an artist and invite them wholeheartedly into our lives.

I know I'm going to get *massive* amounts of shit for this and I expect it, but from someone who's spent over 20 yrs digesting and cataloguing everything "young, upstart, finger-in-your-eye, gotta-prove-something" Morrissey carefully crafted and set afloat...I think I'm diving into the back catalogue for good and staying there.
    Rugby411 -- Saturday June 30 2007, @07:56AM (#265510)
    (User #18917 Info)
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLhftiH-Vec

Neckdeep -- Saturday June 30 2007, @09:10AM (#265521)
    (User #14740 Info)
  • Morrissey, Kristeen, and the band were beautiful:)
    redpathetic -- Saturday June 30 2007, @09:25AM (#265529)
    (User #6184 Info)
    Happy in this final acceptance of his own absurdity...Albert Camus
  • Glad for you people, but here in Mexico the american network channel, didn't showed Morrissey performance. I donĀ“t care about the horrible show, wich I've only seen for the last time, but I do care about the missed oportunity to watch Morrissey performing in current programation.. that was a powerful reason to watch the whole annoying show. The ribs "mistake" have no justification, that was something planned to piss off Morrissey and that's all.
    its the same SOS.
    NovemberJesus -- Saturday June 30 2007, @12:04PM (#265547)
    (User #14730 Info)
    ...maybe I'll even arrive?
  • Morrisseys intellectual lyrics???? I miss his old language.
    Anonymous -- Saturday June 30 2007, @12:53PM (#265552)
  • I don't plan to watch DL anymore. his show must be getting money from The Beef Council, it promotes flesh eating so much. The insult to Morrissey on Friday night fell below a certain standard of decency for me. BOYCOTT LETTERMAN
    artful dodger -- Saturday June 30 2007, @01:33PM (#265557)
    (User #13974 Info | http://www.myspace.com/wallieworld)
    and as for me, I stand with the tribe of Morrissey.
  • What are these ridiculous outfits the band are wearing? They look like waiters at some cheesy Mexican restaurant.
    Anonymous -- Saturday June 30 2007, @04:54PM (#265572)
    • Re:Hmn... by Anonymous (Score:0) Sunday July 01 2007, @07:05AM
      • Re:Hmn... by Corrissey (Score:1) Sunday July 01 2007, @07:58AM
        • Re:Hmn... by Anonymous (Score:0) Sunday July 01 2007, @06:27PM
          • Re:Hmn... by Kathleen (Score:1) Sunday July 01 2007, @06:28PM
          • Re:Hmn... by Corrissey (Score:1) Sunday July 01 2007, @07:28PM
  • No kidding - hasn't anyone on this judgmental site ever seen Letterman before Morrissey was on? Please, sometimes the rebuttals on this site are so f**king ridiculous. Do you guys ever put any thought into your responses? Like Letterman would design an entire show around insulting Morrissey's eating choices. Give me a kindergarden break. Apparently, none of you saw the part where Biff Henderson was constructing an OUTDOOR PICNIC TABLE set on the roof??? That's what the ribs were a prop for you weirdos. Morrissey came into Dave's world. Not the other way around. Contrary to adolescent belief, LIFE DOES NOT revolve around Morrissey. Who cares who eats meat and who doesn't. And quite frankly, I wouldn't doubt if Morrissey made one of his egotistical demands of "no meat please" at which time Dave would certainly go out of his way to add meat to the show because of how absolutely stupid the request would be. Dave is always doing stupid stuff surrounding meat and animals. Who cares! Get your priorities straight or change the fricken channel to the I-blindlessly-follow-and-support-Morrissey-channel . Dang! P.S. I thought the performance was swell, the new song is great!
    Anonymous -- Saturday June 30 2007, @05:13PM (#265574)
  • I'm going with Soloman.
    Anonymous -- Saturday June 30 2007, @05:39PM (#265578)
  • I don't get the appeal with this Suzie and the Banshees clone. Name one person Moz has been behind that was musically any good, save for the band James.
    There hasn't been one.
    She blows.
    Anonymous -- Saturday June 30 2007, @06:51PM (#265586)
    • Re:she sucks. by rooneyred (Score:1) Saturday June 30 2007, @09:52PM
      • Re:she sucks. by Anonymous (Score:0) Sunday July 01 2007, @06:56AM
      • Re:she sucks. by The Bicycle Tragedy (Score:1) Monday July 02 2007, @01:27AM
        • Re:she sucks. by Anonymous (Score:0) Monday July 02 2007, @07:11AM
    • Re:she sucks. by Anonymous (Score:0) Saturday June 30 2007, @10:45PM
      • Re:she sucks. by Anonymous (Score:0) Sunday July 01 2007, @06:59AM
    • Re:she sucks. by The Bicycle Tragedy (Score:1) Sunday July 01 2007, @02:44AM
      • Re:she sucks. by Anonymous (Score:0) Sunday July 01 2007, @03:04AM
      • Re:she sucks. by Anonymous (Score:0) Sunday July 01 2007, @09:48AM
        • Re:she sucks. by The Bicycle Tragedy (Score:1) Sunday July 01 2007, @10:48PM
          • Re:she sucks. by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday July 03 2007, @02:56PM
            • Re:she sucks. by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday July 03 2007, @03:10PM
  • Morrissey has jumped the shark. Enough with blaming the band (He's had 5 different contributors since Your Arsenal).

It is clear to me that Morrissey assigns this horribly tuneless pub rock to them, and demands nothing more than lead sheets from their music. His lyrics have even become increasingly embarrassing ("There are worse things in this life than not being someone's sweetie?") Ugh.

He's going through the motions, and after his Quarry comeback he seems to have proven that this is where he wants to be, and nothing is going to change it. The rebel mystique has become unconvincing and childish. He's a fat cat with enough money to proudly make such horrible choices, not some stalwart in the music industry who refuses to bend.

His work ethic has definitely caught up with him. It has become clear that Street and Marr were truly his musical guiding lights, and without them we are left with Morrissey pulling the strings in the studio.

Morrissey has even admitted that he doesn't take many lyrical notes anymore, and obviously the "A Taste of Honey" well has run dry. He can't reach the same standard with his own words.

He has lost the plot, and on top of that he still acts like a smug ass without the talent to back it up at almost 50. If he continues on this path then he will have ruined his legacy before he reaches a natural death.
    Anonymous -- Sunday July 01 2007, @01:35AM (#265606)
  • Yay!
    Thanks for that.
    I'm more than happy to see it, having
    yet to sit through three more videotaped
    eps of Letterman to see if I do actually have
    it on tape or not because of being in Australia
    and not knowing how long before we are up to date
    with America live shows.
    Anyway, I though Mr. Morrissey looked a tad grumpy and for the record I don't think he thinks a whole lot of David Letterman.
    And I still think Mr. Morrissey should go back to England to live, not that it's any of my business,
    I just think from looking at him now that he
    is after all very very English.....
    mauve21 -- Sunday July 01 2007, @07:08AM (#265629)
    (User #13027 Info)
    • Re:Thanks by Anonymous (Score:0) Monday July 02 2007, @07:51AM
  • Does anyone remember that the performance was filmed a few days earlier, and that's why there were ribs and no interview?

How quick we forget or how little we think.

-MOV
    Anonymous -- Sunday July 01 2007, @07:24AM (#265633)
  • On Kristeen? I don't think so - she's only 32...Someone must have mistaken her exquisite eye makeup for wrinkles, and, in any case, she just had too much makeup on to show any wrinkles! But don't take this "too much" as criticism: the makeup goes very well with some kind of lyricism in her that only her exotic image is capable of expressing. She looked perfect, like something that mixed in it heaven and hell. Her dream-like image matched very well her celestial voice. I read somewhere that she studied opera and piano.

She strangely matched Morrissey's own persona on stage as well. Both were in this very dark and lyrical tone. I think that since the combination of both of them was so flawless, she complemented the song perfectly, so perfectly, that I was eager for a little more frequent insertions of her voice in the song. When Morrissey starts the part "I was wasting my time/Just thinking about myself", I think she should have gotten in the same way she did in the beginning. Not that I have any talent for a musical producer here, just a little bit of compulsion of "making her stand out more". But I think she stands out enough already, I guess, with her voice, her makeup, and her bubble dress.

Morrissey seems to reserve his very serious, gothic, Bronte-spawned persona - black suit, white, high-collar shirt for this rather silly David Letterman show. But since the show becomes his the moment he steps on Letterman's stage, who cares about Letterman and his stupid "yes, spare ribs" announcement? For a few minutes, we can witness something at once passionate and uplifting.

My only question, that puzzles me, is how did Letterman say "Yes, spare ribs" next to Morrissey, when he just finished the song? Surely he knows Morrissey is vegetarian, and this sad phrase just came out for want of any trouble to pause for a second, think and refrain from displaying his rib motto for at least the few minutes Morrissey was there.
    Mrs. Woolf -- Sunday July 01 2007, @08:18AM (#265641)
    (User #14157 Info)
    • Re:Wrinkles?! by The Bicycle Tragedy (Score:1) Sunday July 01 2007, @10:51PM
      • Re:Wrinkles?! by Mrs. Woolf (Score:1) Monday July 02 2007, @06:53AM
        • Re:Wrinkles?! by Anonymous (Score:0) Monday July 02 2007, @07:56AM
    • Re:Wrinkles?! by Anaesthesine (Score:1) Monday July 02 2007, @04:46AM
      • Re:Wrinkles?! by Anonymous (Score:0) Monday July 02 2007, @07:59AM
  • This whole Letterman thing is truly bizarre. Here's a couple of facts that people might not know. (I was there that day)

There were 2 shows taped this Monday, and Morrissey was scheduled to perform on the 1st of 2. At the last minute (1 1/2 hours before taping), things were changed and Morrissey taped for the 2nd instead. The interesting part is that Morrissey had already been in the studio for the 1st taping. I know this because i arrived midway through the 1st taping and was informed that Morrissey had ALREADY LEFT. Soundcheck? Possible, but why so early, and why would Moz come and go like that? Inconvenient and inefficient.

Consider that the 1st taping had a running segment called: "Diving Dogs". Do you really think that Morrissey, as an animal rights advocate, would approve of being on a program alongside a bit that exploits animals? Think about it, would there ever be a segment called: "Diving Toddlers", where 4 year olds compete to see who can dive the longest? When you respect animals, you don't manipulate them to perform unnatural tasks merely for your own entertainment. Morrissey would not approve of the circus, and would be insulted by "Diving Dogs".

Morrissey may have REFUSED to be on the broadcast with "Diving Dogs", and that's why he, at the last minute, left the building, only to return later for the 2nd taping. He caused a stink.

Letterman's revenge? Also consider that Morrissey in Las Vegas is QUOTED calling Letterman (with a couple of others) a "crashing bore", and also saying "fuck 'em fuck 'em". Could this fact have somehow made it back to Letterman or his staff? To taunt Morrissey, and as retribution for publicly slamming Letterman and causing commotion behind the scenes... the meat bit was very likely done on purpose. If you watch the show, such a HUGE deal is made of this meat. Dave repeatedly comments on how delicious it smells, he shares ribs with the audience, the band is shot eating ribs, Letterman returns from commercial eating ribs and licking his fingers ON AIR. The broadcast is ended with the quote: "MMM, ribs!". Ribs were the theme of the show.

Morrissey: famous animal rights advocate... with all Letterman's staff, music-secment producers, etc... Morrissey's beliefs MUST have been known. Letterman/staff deliberately taunted Morrissey with meat out of spite. This is totally unacceptable.

I think Morrissey fans should demand an on-air apology from Letterman. Write letters saying that you will no longer view the program until an apology is aired on the program. Send these letters to The David Letterman show, and also send similar letters to the advertisers on the program, saying that we refuse to buy the products advertised on Letterman until there is an apology aired. Don't let this smug Crashing Bore disrespect his guests and animals that way, it's just WRONG.
    carlos -- Sunday July 01 2007, @08:55AM (#265643)
    (User #1308 Info | http://www.facebook.com/djceremony)
    "This world may lack style, I know..."
  • I didn't see the show, but if morrissey is still a vegetarian after twenty years( as I still am after ten) he wouldn't have cared what letterman did re: meat or spare ribs, you learn to let people be.
    Anonymous -- Sunday July 01 2007, @11:59AM (#265657)
  • why do so many vegetarians hav absolutely no tolerance for non-vegetarians? they're as bad as religious extremists who hate anyone of another faith, or racists who hate anyone of another race. irealize it's not exactly the same thing, but it may as well be (especially in the case of comparing it to religion).

ididnt see the show, but the little ive gathered from skimming some of the comments here would suggest to me that the eating of ribs on Late Night was more than likely a mere coincidence. unlike some people, idoubt David Letterman is a real Moz buff- he almost definitely had no part in booking Morrissey for the show and has only the vaguest clue of who Morrissey is. even if it were on purpose, its hardly something to get so bent out of shape about- its not like he invited Barack Obama on and then started burning crosses.

on a related not, sad to say, but "That's How People Grow Up" is right up there with "Noise Is The Best Revenge" and a couple of others in the running for worst Morrissey song ever.
    chrisarclark <[email protected]> -- Sunday July 01 2007, @02:31PM (#265668)
    (User #9259 Info)
    "I'm just passing through here on my way to somewhere civilized and maybe I'll even arrive, maybe I'll even arrive..."
  • Agreed. The irony is lost on many vegetarians, but it's often done as an aesthetic anyway, so I'm sure it matters little to them in any deeper sense.

However, Morrissey did have some stinker b-sides from the Quarry sessions. I thought Noise..., Friday Mourning, Slum Mums, and I Am Two People were some of his worst b-sides ever. Plodding music, and trite, almost naive lyrics.

All of this seems to stem from his current inclination towards making up his own lyrics. Apparently the shift isn't working, and hasn't been working since Maladjusted, or even Southpaw.

As someone suggested above, Moz certainly jumped the shark with Southpaw Grammar. The decline has been fairly consistent ever since.

I would suggest retirement, since even his stage act seems to lack enthusiasm, but even a shitty Moz has some endearing traits.

Ultimately, Morrissey's work ethic is to blame. He really does seem to possess a sense of entitlement, which probably accounts for his quick dismissal of friendships that do not cater to his absolute desires. This is what happens to confirmed loners once they past the grace period of being considered young, and troubled. They end up looking arrogant and cold with age, as if healthy emotional development is just too uncool.

I've been a fan of Morrissey for 15 years now, and I have to admit that he has essentially confirmed his slot in the "Get Off the Stage" category. He seems incapable of running a tour without cancellations that never seem to be rescheduled. On numerous occasions he has displayed a complete disregard for his fanbase, and I don't think he's aware of the fact that his charm is quickly running out.

But, he's wealthy, and he made it into the NME, so I don't think he cares what anyone else has to say about anything, which is a shame, really.
    Anonymous -- Sunday July 01 2007, @03:17PM (#265670)
  • Men dress professional and look important. They have a skill to perform. Women dress like a contestant on Let's Make a Deal and can wail, then stand around for amusement.

Didn't Letterman have a heart transplant? Or was that Regis Philbman? If so, he's not only a killer (as are all meat eaters), but incredibly stupid, too.

The song wasn't too good. Moz has written much better. Tons of much better songs.
    Anonymous -- Sunday July 01 2007, @06:06PM (#265683)
  • Morrissey taped his performance on Monday. The other part of the show was recorded Friday. So if you ask me and I don't know all the ins and outs. Letterman had ribs Friday and Morrissey was there Monday. So how come everyone is saying otherwise?
    TheevesHours -- Sunday July 01 2007, @06:44PM (#265693)
    (User #19449 Info)
  • i like this YouTube post better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLhftiH-Vec
    track11 -- Sunday July 01 2007, @09:29PM (#265714)
    (User #19496 Info)
  • I really don't think Mr. M cares
    about whether David Letterman talks about
    spare ribs or not.
      I mean really, he's pretty cool and I'm sure
    he only went on the show for his fans sakes.
    mauve21 -- Sunday July 01 2007, @10:59PM (#265721)
    (User #13027 Info)
  • My friend told me that Kucinich claims to be vegan; that means Letterman was trying to F with both Moz and Kucinich w/ his nasty "meat eating" theme. YUCK.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday July 04 2007, @03:56PM (#266350)
  • Damn! I've stopped watching him since the mid 90's totally not funny he borderlines on obnoxious. To boycott a show because the host eats meat is hilarious, in that case stop watching about 80% of television numerous shows have sponsors that delve in the meat business; Mcdonalds, Burger King, etc.

I don't understand why PETA feels the need to prosthelize their beliefs onto others who don't share their ideology. I eat meat does that make me a bad person.

Its also funny because I've met a number of animal activist and the majority are for late term abortion which I feel is a more heinous crime than eating meat. Of course their are exceptions to abortion but thats another argument.

I'm not saying I go around kicking cats in the head and cutting dogs ears off I love animals and they should have some rights but within reason.
    Man, I can go for some ribs now!!!
    Mr. Blonde -- Monday July 09 2007, @03:37PM (#267155)
    (User #19341 Info)
    I like cheeseburgers, I really do

[ home | terms of service ]