posted by davidt on Friday June 29 2007, @12:00PM
Kitty3780 writes:
BBC 6 Music have been running a series of radio shows to compliment the recent TV programmes on BBC 1 about the 7 ages of rock. The last show in the series looks at Indie music and the Britpop scene, and will focus on The Smiths, with contributions from Johnny Marr.

You can hear the programme on DAB radio, or online by visiting the website.

You can also listen again online for 7 days after the programme has been broadcast.

The show will first be broadcast between 21:30 and 22:00 GMT on 28 June 2007.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • It was good of Mike Joyce to provide private
    backstage video footage. I heard he received about £2000 for that. Well done Mike,it was good to see those clips of Johnny telling the adoring fans that Moz was (is) celibate!
    Anonymous -- Saturday June 30 2007, @06:04PM (#265584)
  • even though it was very simplistic in its approach-they really skimmed over the breakup...well they skimmed over everything really but it wasnt supposed to be a documentary all about the Smiths so I cant complain. The scenes of Marr yelling out the window "he's celebate girls" were priceless though!
    RockLobster800 -- Sunday July 01 2007, @07:11AM (#265631)
    (User #19445 Info)
  • I thought the whole programme just about summed the last 20 years up pretty well - all the major players were given due mention. Even Echobelly got a 10-second slot!
    Shakingobscene -- Monday July 02 2007, @02:10AM (#265729)
    (User #16324 Info)
    "I hope it's not too bloody - I'm wearing my favourite pants."

[ home | terms of service ]