posted by davidt on Friday June 22 2007, @10:00AM
Tom Stroud writes:
UK trade magazine Music Week has this story tonight on its (subscriber only) website, confirming the Warners angle in the recent Q and As. As they point out it would reunite Morrissey with his back catalogue at the same label and may well speed up remasters, box sets, unneccessary compilations etc etc.

Morrissey in talks with Warner Bros
21 June 2007 - 17:19:00

A Warners Bros spokesperson has confirmed the music company is in discussions with Morrissey to release the singer's next solo album.

Morrissey's last solo album, Ringleader Of The Tormentors, was released on Sanctuary imprint Attack. The album was the singer's second for the label, following his 2004 comeback album You Are The Quarry, which bought both critical and commercial success for the former Smiths frontman.

The singer told fansite True-to-you.net, "I presently have the option to tour for the remainder of 2007, or start a new album. I don't have a deal, but I have an offer from Warner Brothers."

A deal with Warner would be notable for bringing him back to the label which currently owns the Smiths backcatalogue.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

[ home | terms of service ]