posted by davidt on Wednesday June 20 2007, @09:00AM
An anonymous person writes:
LATE SHOW WITH DAVID LETTERMAN ///

Kristeen will be singing with Morrissey on the David Letterman show Monday, June 25.

She wails a "background" vocal on Morrissey's new single, "That's How People Grow-Up"....and this is what will also take place on the television program.

from KristeenYoung.com
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • This will really pack em in at MSG now. A mediocre new song, sung with an awful shrew of a singer. He should have gone with a classic. Or at the very least, one of two or three decent songs on ROTT...
    Anonymous -- Wednesday June 20 2007, @09:22AM (#264114)
    • Re:Wow by Chrissy!! (Score:1) Wednesday June 20 2007, @07:57PM
  • If the world has to be exposed to any of morrissey, it really shouldnt be this song with that bit about him driving his car. Oh my.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday June 20 2007, @09:33AM (#264119)
  • oh I can't wait for this. Moz singing on the very same stage where Johnny just played a few weeks ago in his Modest Mouse incarnation. same studio where Sullivan's spirit still paces in the wings. I think Morrissey will give a wonderful performance, if his stars are in alignment that night. oh aren't we Americans lucky? is Letterman broadcast in England?
    artful dodger -- Wednesday June 20 2007, @09:38AM (#264121)
    (User #13974 Info | http://www.myspace.com/wallieworld)
    and as for me, I stand with the tribe of Morrissey.
  • Am i the only one who thinks that 'All You Need Is Me' should be the single? it is far, far, FAR better!
    anotherordinaryboy -- Wednesday June 20 2007, @10:06AM (#264128)
    (User #16076 Info)
    Let me get my hands on your mammary glands....
    • Re:Why? by wilburthepig (Score:1) Wednesday June 20 2007, @11:13AM
    • Re:Why? by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday June 20 2007, @12:18PM
      • Re:Why? by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday June 20 2007, @05:17PM
  • Anonymous posters would be read more by me and their comments taken more seriously if, well, they were so ashamed of who they are. I understand they usually have very good reason to be.
    Morrissey the 23rd <[email protected]> -- Wednesday June 20 2007, @11:20AM (#264146)
    (User #910 Info | http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Morrisseythe23rd)
  • clearly moz is getting it on with kristeen young. i like her. she is kinda sexy though a terrible singer. but how else do you explain it
    Anonymous -- Wednesday June 20 2007, @01:29PM (#264180)
  • Kristeen young is and excellent vocalist. Does anyone think Nina Hagen can't sing while we're at it??? ... Or that Patti Smith had an amazing voice?

Probably the same people who find no value in Tom Waits or Leonard Cohen's careers....

I love them all. Though in varying degrees....

MR. Man of Vision
    Anonymous -- Wednesday June 20 2007, @03:30PM (#264200)
  • It's a shame so many of you seem to think Kristeen Young can't sing.

Obviously you are hearing impaired.

Do you think that five albums into things and virtual anonymity, she's concerned with commercial appeal or traditionally accepted styles of female vocalism?

She sings because she has to. If she doesn't, she'll die.

That's why Morrissey sticks by her. She may be "supporting" him, but it's really the other way 'round.
    He believes in her just like he believed in The Dolls and Jobriath and Klaus Nomi and all of the other obscure, commercially-disastrous, self-reliant auteurs that helped him survive adolescence.

Seriously, have you LISTENED to her album "X"??? it is a masterpiece of avant-gard pop. She is brilliant. You people don't know what you're missing.

You probably think faux-alternative chanteusses like Vagina Spektor or Amy Whorehouse are more digestible.

And they are.
    One of them even made the cover of Rolling Stone!!!

That just about says it all.

www.myspace.com/thebicycletragedy
    www.myspace.com/rhamphorhynchusrecords
    The Bicycle Tragedy -- Wednesday June 20 2007, @04:19PM (#264211)
    (User #18769 Info)
  • So when is the new single actually out? We can only hope 'All You Need Is Me' is the B-side, because 'That's How People Grow Up' is pretty crap.
    Jealous of Youth -- Thursday June 21 2007, @07:44AM (#264280)
    (User #14655 Info)
    "so many women, my head should be spinning. Ah, but no..."
  • I would have preferred Morrissey sing with either Brandi Carlile or Feist. Is it too late for him to change his background singer?
    Anonymous -- Thursday June 21 2007, @12:56PM (#264314)
  • Dave's webpage has Morrissey on Friday June 29 now. He's in Philly that night tho. Hmm.
    Can anyone confirm? Wonder what happened.
    Corrissey -- Monday June 25 2007, @09:12AM (#264625)
    (User #18538 Info)
    Here you'll find my thoughts and I

[ home | terms of service ]