posted by davidt on Tuesday June 19 2007, @04:00PM
goinghome writes:
Some welcome words from Morrissey about the American tour to date have been added to the TrueToYou Morrissey fansite on 19 June 2007 – www.true-to-you.net

Message from Morrissey.

I would like to express heartfelt thanks to everyone who has so far attended these recent American dates. Your time and efforts are appreciated. Thanks, most especially, for great nights at Vegas, Bakersfield, Omaha, Indianapolis, St Louis, Kansas City and Milwaukee. These have been my personal favourites.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • thanx i will always support you on your tours when you do decide to grace us with your prescence i am dedicated!
    "SPLATERED WALLS AND A KICK IN THE BALLS, THAT'S ENTERTAIMENT"
  • Thanks, most especially, for great nights at Vegas, Bakersfield, Omaha, Indianapolis, St Louis, Kansas City and Milwaukee. These have been my personal favourites. ...the rest of you can go screw yourselves....
    suzanne -- Tuesday June 19 2007, @04:04PM (#264017)
    (User #36 Info)
    I scare dead people.
  • and thank you. I'm waiting and the best are yet to come. My hometown again. Norfolk, VA. and Orlando will be a nice little vacation.
    Vanetta -- Tuesday June 19 2007, @04:16PM (#264019)
    (User #19083 Info)
  • Did you forget your LA fans? Well fuck you then ungrateful bastard, Morrissey!!!! So I take it that you were acting on stage at the Hollywood Bowl.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday June 19 2007, @05:16PM (#264024)
  • I'm glad he counted Bakersfield as one of his faves, especially because I was there.

But I thought the Hollywood Bowl was stunning and the best of all the SoCal shows up until Bakersfield. Maybe he just felt the need to recognise the little, out-of-the-way places that don't always get so much attention.

Or maybe because the craft services at the SoCal shows weren't as good as Goldenvoice's ; p! Seriously, Goldenvoice uses a caterer that's really amazing with vegetarian dishes! And when I've been to vip do's hosted by Goldenvoice, they are more generous with the nibblies and bevvies than some other promoters.

I know I enjoy seeing Morrissey at the intimate shows in podunk towns. He usually seems taken aback at the tremendous response that he gets from these neglected nowhere places, even more so when he knows it's really the locals dominating the venue.

I'm looking forward to a couple of small shows on the eastcoast even though I strongly dislike the humid weather on the eastcoast!
    Mel Torment -- Tuesday June 19 2007, @05:16PM (#264025)
    (User #1764 Info)
    • Re:Yay! by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday June 19 2007, @10:44PM
      • Re:Yay! by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday June 20 2007, @03:21AM
    • Re:Yay! by David the wind blows (Score:1) Wednesday June 20 2007, @07:28AM
      • Re:Yay! by Mel Torment (Score:1) Wednesday June 20 2007, @11:52PM
  • Isn't he adorable? We are the ones who have to feel and express gratitude to you, Morrissey. When you come over in a week, I hope they let me lift a sign saying, "Welcome to Boston".
    Mrs. Woolf -- Tuesday June 19 2007, @05:16PM (#264026)
    (User #14157 Info)
  • I was lucky enough to be at two of those shows (Indy and KC). I thought they were great, and they changed my wife from a fan into an addict... We'll be going to NYC in a week and a half for a third dose. If only he'd sing Please Please Please... and Lucky Lisp there! Thanks to Morrissey and the band for putting on such great shows. JDY
    WacoKid -- Tuesday June 19 2007, @05:25PM (#264027)
    (User #19139 Info)
  • I love this man.
    Scarlet Ibis -- Tuesday June 19 2007, @05:36PM (#264030)
    (User #17521 Info)
    >(:>)=|
  • There's a steakhouse in Parkfield, CA he should consider playing if he likes real intimacy. They cook your meat so rare there you have to sign a release form in case you get trichynosis. Earthquake Capitol of the World!
    Anonymous -- Tuesday June 19 2007, @06:02PM (#264031)
  • i can only hope the ghost writer of the ghast site wrote it, if not i demand a double paged retort from johnny marr in the next nme
    northerners always had the best way with words
    or some did.
    too few words there

northern, as in english that is

thank you warburtons, staten island, tupelo, downtown and uptown wherever, the plastic clinic on highway wherever it was, the cop who booked me travelling between that place and the other,shitty comedies, porcelain teeth, bombing that place in the middle east with oil resevoirs,
    the state of israel, corporate overtaking of our beloved football clubs..

thanks arent quite enough

dollars are
    Anonymous -- Tuesday June 19 2007, @07:08PM (#264035)
  • Milwaukee was great because the crowd (in the front) was so into it and there was no barrier between Morrissey and us. I wonder if that's why he enjoyed the show? We all seemed to know the new songs as well as the old. There were lots of stage invaders (both male and female). I made it on the stage myself for the first time after many years of fruitless attempts.

Are these the ingredients that Morrissey requires for a great show?
    Andy-Mats -- Tuesday June 19 2007, @07:22PM (#264039)
    (User #151 Info)
  • Loosely morrissey related - he won the greatest brit award or whatever

Anyway im thick but i implore you to download the clip on parky from last saturday of the liar bird who mimics everything from camera shutters to chain saws..one of the most beautiful clips ive seen in my life--funny and sad
    brilliant
    Anonymous -- Tuesday June 19 2007, @07:51PM (#264043)
  • ...was a great show, thee best Moz show I've been to...so much fun!
    ThinkOfMeKindlyLV -- Tuesday June 19 2007, @08:26PM (#264046)
    (User #18284 Info | http://twitter.com/thinkofmekindly)
  • Isn't Bakersfield the place where a girl made it on stage and wrapped her legs around Morrissey? I guess he enjoyed it.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday June 19 2007, @10:53PM (#264056)
    • Re:octopus by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday June 20 2007, @10:51AM
    • Re:octopus by ru4real (Score:1) Wednesday June 20 2007, @03:17PM
  • So what's Denver then, chopped liver? Maybe if Life Is A Pigsty hadn't killed the show's momentum, then we would have cheered louder, eh? :)
    ATLpunk -- Tuesday June 19 2007, @11:03PM (#264058)
    (User #13585 Info)
  • And to you who attended my Los Angeles shows, F U
    Anonymous -- Tuesday June 19 2007, @11:24PM (#264062)
    • Re:Moz Angeles by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday June 20 2007, @02:09AM
      • Re:Moz Angeles by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday June 20 2007, @03:25AM
  • just because your city wasn't mentioned, it doesn't mean that morrissey didn't like playing there. he simply listed his favorite shows which is too hard for some of you to understand.
    leedoggpimp <[email protected]> -- Wednesday June 20 2007, @12:32AM (#264066)
    (User #2789 Info | http://www.morrisseymusic.com/)
    True friends stab you in the front.
  • great comments morrissey on marr etc, glad you are enjoying the us shows, they dont much seem to appreciate on this site but the feeling with you is mutual me thinks, love you morrissey, clitheroe kid.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday June 20 2007, @01:02AM (#264068)
  • That really really made my day. Still smiling. Oh, Mozza, you old charmer you...
    Martin -- Wednesday June 20 2007, @05:11AM (#264081)
    (User #278 Info | http://www.thefarm.cjb.net/)
    A Slight Case of Overcombing
  • Thank you, Morrissey. I knew there was a reason why I love you.

"Very young people, I think, feel pushed around and ridiculed - and are - simply because of their age. The world can seem to be full of officious meddlers who like to tell others what to do - and, as a matter of fact, that's exactly how the world is! So in my voice, I think young people hear someone who understands the routine of being dumped...."

Yes, and people dumping on you and meddling in your affairs doesn't cease when you're older, either. The hope is to start building a strong sense of what is true and right for you and stand your ground.

"The audience doesn't realize this but, I, in effect, come to see them, and my temperament depends on how they react and even how they look…"

The beauty appointment is booked as I speak. Must make note to have clean fingernails.
    mozmic_dancer -- Wednesday June 20 2007, @05:49AM (#264088)
    (User #11277 Info)
    "I am the fun and the fair, on a Mozsite for the criminally insane..."
  • but you mispelled favorite
    Anonymous -- Wednesday June 20 2007, @06:11AM (#264090)
    • Re:nice by David the wind blows (Score:1) Wednesday June 20 2007, @07:32AM
      • I know by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday June 20 2007, @07:48AM
  • What a nice man.
    Hello Indie -- Wednesday June 20 2007, @08:07AM (#264100)
    (User #13749 Info | http://somedizzywhore.com/)
    Somedizzywhore.com offers free jars of beetroot for the elderly.
    • Re:Braaaaaap! by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday June 20 2007, @08:25AM
  • From truetoyou Q&A posted today:

I'm curious as to what makes a concert a good and memorable experience for you. According to you, what do your best shows have in common (if anything)?

Mads Peter
    Copenhagen, Denmark

The audience doesn't realize this but, I, in effect, come to see them, and my temperament depends on how they react and even how they look. I sing directly at the audience, and I look right into the audience - few singers do, I've noticed. I am addressing them with each line, and they react - one way or another - as if we are in conversation. Often, because of the light, I can't see people - this is usually at festivals or outdoor amphitheaters and is nobody's fault, but I tend to lose the thread when I'm singing to blackness. Also, if the security at the front are too stroppy and too controlling my anger rises. The shape of the hall, and how the audience are positioned - whether free to move, or shackled to their seats, or being slapped back by security, are all elements that can make or break a night. I'm just there-somewhere-in the gaps.

maryII -- Wednesday June 20 2007, @08:46AM (#264107)
    (User #19348 Info)
    Let the right one slip in.
  • See how carefully Morrissey avoided the word 'leg' there to describe the past group of gigs in the USA? With one down, and a little while to go before the next kicks off, would it be fair to conclude about the tour that its current position is between the legs?!
    goinghome -- Wednesday June 20 2007, @01:21PM (#264177)
    (User #12673 Info)
  • We love you Morrissey! Next time play at Buck Owens Crystal Palace. Just come back soon!!
    ru4real -- Wednesday June 20 2007, @03:22PM (#264197)
    (User #18525 Info)
  • Who is your favorite painter ever?

Sylvester
    Ponca City, Oklahoma, USA

I can't say. It isn't something I cared about until recent years. Now I'm completely pulled in, but I can't speak with any authority on the subject.

Sylvester's question is straight forward - a direct question requiring a direct answer i.e. the name of at least one 'favourite' painter whether that is Vincent Van Gogh or Rolf Harris.

But as always simplicity is raised to levels of complexity in Mozza World unheard of in actual reality.

Mr. Morrissey can't answer the question because he's not an 'authority on the subject'. Of course he can only exchange thoughts with chavvy mortals like ourselves and Sylvester, provided he is the 'expert' on the matters for discussion.

This trite remark in italics betrays a breathtaking arrogance!

Morrissey's head is so far up his own arse he can't even see how pompous he comes across at times.
    Lazy Sunbather -- Thursday June 21 2007, @11:46PM (#264375)
    (User #843 Info)
  • Grow up. You're becoming as much of a troll (or troll-bait, whatever) as he is.
    Mada -- Tuesday June 19 2007, @04:16PM (#264020)
    (User #9578 Info)
    • 1 reply beneath your current threshold.
  • He eats meat? Cool
    Anonymous -- Wednesday June 20 2007, @08:15AM (#264101)
  • 1 reply beneath your current threshold.

[ home | terms of service ]