posted by davidt on Thursday June 14 2007, @12:00PM
MARVIN MALDONADO writes:
Andy Rourke, Mike Joyce Tell Smiths' Story on DVD
Commentary from Mark E. Smith, Peter Hook, Buzzcocks' Pete Shelley, some Kaiser Chiefs guys. Trailer available.

Andy Rourke, Mike Joyce Tell Smiths' Story on DVD - Pitchfork

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FBlsTpdaxk

This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Whisperings around the gallows: "That Rat, Joyce, is popping off again... Reinstate that contract, and bring me his head!"

Sincerely,
    Ganglord

P.S. Mikey, I still love ya though!
    Anonymous -- Thursday June 14 2007, @01:05PM (#263552)
  • comes good looks and graceful aging. Because these two didn't get either...
    Anonymous -- Thursday June 14 2007, @01:05PM (#263553)
  • go ahead you fuckwits..........bore us all AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
    Anonymous -- Thursday June 14 2007, @02:41PM (#263567)
  • why does mike joyce always have like 5 jackets on?
    fut -- Thursday June 14 2007, @03:25PM (#263573)
    (User #401 Info | http://www.omgmyblog.com/)
    • Re:question by mexicali (Score:1) Thursday June 14 2007, @04:39PM
      • Re:question by fut (Score:1) Friday June 15 2007, @12:12PM
  • I BLOODY LOVE MIKE JOYCE!

He's the hottest little piece of ass to come out of Manchester since Bernard Manning.
    Anonymous -- Thursday June 14 2007, @04:40PM (#263587)
  • Please if you are a really Morrissey-the smiths fan dont buy this DVD. These Northern leeches are just trying to make more money out of the smiths. They have done nothing till this moment. They are just known as the X-Smiths, that is it.
    "There's a cash register ringing and
    It weighs so heavy on my back
    Someone please take me home" by Moz.
    "So don't let the good days
    Of the gold discs
    Creep up and mug you" good night and thank you
    Morrisseyvive -- Thursday June 14 2007, @09:53PM (#263614)
    (User #14765 Info)
  • ...in the stomach.

I mean, as if ANYONE cares. They just NEVER STOP, do they?
    The Bicycle Tragedy -- Friday June 15 2007, @12:19AM (#263616)
    (User #18769 Info)
  • They're part of the Smiths' history and, anyway, you can't ignore anything that has to do with the Best Group of All Time (although I didn't go to see them when they came here in Greece, while I went to both Morrissey's concerts).
    Anonymous -- Friday June 15 2007, @12:06PM (#263674)
  • Like it or not Rourke and Joyce were a fundamental part of The Smiths even if they didn't write any material.

They have as much right as anyone who has ever been in a band to talk about it. It's not some Masonic club they were part of. It was a pop group.

The legal and financial aspects of the ensuing years shouldn't hide the fact that these two were in The Smiths and helped make those wonderfiul reords. No doubt someone will claim anybody could have done what they did but that's certainly debatable and ultimately hypothetical.

I'll probably not bother buying it. I can wait till it's on TV but I'm not going to knock a Smiths fan for wanting to see it.
    Anonymous -- Friday June 15 2007, @03:22PM (#263701)
  • I'm surprised he's on there. Does he like The Smiths? I thought he'd hate them, he seems to hate everyone!
    Anonymous -- Saturday June 16 2007, @06:17AM (#263753)
  • What is that documentary thats on this youtube player; the one where Morrissey has ripped his shirt open? Also, what show is that one performance from?
    Anonymous -- Saturday June 16 2007, @11:35AM (#263765)

[ home | terms of service ]