posted by davidt on Tuesday June 12 2007, @12:00PM
The old news about Morrissey picking his grave was picked up and passed around to several news sources yesterday. The source that the articles incorrectly / failed to mention is actually the interview in LA Weekly from Jan. 2007 ("Moz The Cat", interview by Kate Sullivan - page 3).

Link from Tottenham Tom:
Morrissey picks out his grave - Digital Spy

Link from Marco:
Morrissey announces where he wants to be buried - NME.com

Link from pubrockcoma:
Morrissey Picks Out Final Resting Place - Gigwise
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • but if there's any truth to his burial plans, would he return to live in los-los again?
    thirsty fists <[email protected]> -- Tuesday June 12 2007, @12:09PM (#263252)
    (User #149 Info)
    "world's ugliest boy"
  • I don't wanna hear or read about Morrissey dying. It depresses me. =(
    Mozzarella -- Tuesday June 12 2007, @01:46PM (#263266)
    (User #864 Info | http://www.bozboorer.com/)
    If I wasn't a cat, I'd be a girl.
  • This really puzzles and upsets me: I am only nine years younger than Moz, and he's looking out for a grave to rest his bones - and even found it. I'd like to ask him what is the importance of spoting a place for his still very vigourous body so soon... any particular, romantic, symbolic reason (Moz?)? Right now he seems so energetic, so full of life; but life is so close to death. I just hope, though, that I don't live to see him die, although that's irrational and quite selfish, I know... :(
    Mrs. Woolf -- Tuesday June 12 2007, @02:50PM (#263273)
    (User #14157 Info)
  • He's not planning on dying anytime soon I hope??!!!!
    happyplants -- Tuesday June 12 2007, @02:58PM (#263275)
    (User #19133 Info)
  • REALLY is his farewell tour? (insert obligatory Morrissey lyric now) Angel, Angel Down we go Together.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday June 12 2007, @05:12PM (#263286)
  • Ya know, we all jest about how much we love Morrissey, and how we couldn't stand it if he died, but you know what? He's one of about 77 billion that have existed throughout time. I think its queer (curious) that so many people think he's so important. He's not. Everyone one of us is dispensible. Really, where are people's priorities. He's not all that. He's a musician. What does he do that really contributes to society that has any eternal value? Because he makes us feel good while we are on earth? Is that valuable? Somewhat. But really, If enough people tell you your drunk, you're gonna lie down. It's all relative. Maybe he has the HIV and he knows he is going to die. He probably will kill himself. He'll probably plan it all out. And talking about suicide DOES NOT plant ideas in anyone's head who is thinking about it or not. Trust me, it doesn't. Actually, Morrissey is very smart about this. How many of you are actually prepared to die? You don't know when its gonna happen, so isn't it smart to have some plans? I know that when I handed in my advance directives to my doctor she looked at me like I had three heads and said that I was the youngest person to ever hand one in. It makes sense to plan for your death. We plan for everything else, don't we? I just hope Morrissey's heart is right with the Lord...no one likes to hear it, but we will all spend eternity in one of two places - its our choice. Morrissey's too.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday June 12 2007, @05:42PM (#263288)
  • Ooh Death, don't come to Moz's house tonight..because there are many here who really really love him! But life tends to come and go and the pleasure & privilege would ours to have him so near! Imagine...Hello, I am the ghost of Troubled Moz..
    poetrylover -- Tuesday June 12 2007, @06:47PM (#263297)
    (User #18707 Info)
    With loves, and hates and passions just like mine...
  • why would he do that. :(
    andreatobrazil <[email protected]> -- Tuesday June 12 2007, @07:44PM (#263304)
    (User #17575 Info | http://www.myspace.com/arpho)
  • I wanted to write a humour comment about manchester/uk grave and a dummer but i wont
    Celibate Cry <[email protected]> -- Tuesday June 12 2007, @11:03PM (#263323)
    (User #220 Info)
    and the hills are alive with celibate cries
  • If he did die it would be amazing for a few months - wall to wall documentaries etc
    Shakingobscene -- Wednesday June 13 2007, @02:58AM (#263336)
    (User #16324 Info)
    "I hope it's not too bloody - I'm wearing my favourite pants."
    • Re:Just think by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday June 13 2007, @04:11AM
      • Re:Just think by Shakingobscene (Score:1) Wednesday June 13 2007, @04:46AM
        • Re:Just think by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday June 13 2007, @10:08AM
          • Re:Just think by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday June 13 2007, @08:33PM
  • “I've even considered putting money down for reserving a spot".

Note the word considered.......

This does not mean that he has actually done it. He loves to play with and tease reporters. This is him doing just that. Adding fuel to the continuous story of him being "miserable and Morose".
    Anonymous -- Wednesday June 13 2007, @03:21AM (#263338)
  • Johnny Ramone isn't even buried on HF. He was cremated, and on HF there's just a statue to his memory.

Oh the rhythm of life.

MILVA -- Wednesday June 13 2007, @04:06AM (#263340)
    (User #12729 Info)
    no previous convictions
  • One of life's greatest pleasures (for me) is spending some time in quiet contemplation at the grave of someone who has made this unhappy planet a bit more bearable. The final resting place acts as a shrine, a testament both to the endurance of the human imagination, and the frailty of our physical being.

I love to bring little offerings to authors, poets, composers, philosophers, etc, who have moved me and enriched my time here. It is always a delight to see that others have done the same. It is even nicer to encounter other kindred spirits, lost in their own contemplation.

I hope Morrissey lives until it pleases him to go. Hopefully that will be in the distant future. If it is in my lifetime, I will bring him
    Anaesthesine -- Wednesday June 13 2007, @05:23AM (#263345)
    (User #14203 Info)
    If Moz did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.
  • I am not even contemplating it , I dont want to even think about Morrissey dying.

Not being a drama queen , but , that is just too unbearable to think about at the moment....

there the thought has gone thank god.

Long live the Moz.

www.simplysmiths.ecrater.com
    www.simplysmiths.blogspot.com

simply smiths -- Wednesday June 13 2007, @10:03AM (#263385)
    (User #18935 Info | http://simplysmiths.ecrater.com/)
    • Re:No No No by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday June 13 2007, @10:59AM
    • Re:No No No by tenforum (Score:1) Wednesday June 13 2007, @11:55AM
  • Aw man even the thought of Moz dying is enough to shed a tear, but Morrissey will be immortalized forever, Viva Moz!!!
    Mr. Blonde -- Wednesday June 13 2007, @05:30PM (#263452)
    (User #19341 Info)
    I like cheeseburgers, I really do
  • Since we all 'go home' (!!), here's another cherished way of looking at it - *snivells*! - :

Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
    From glen to glen, and down the mountain side
    The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying
    'Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide.
    But come ye back when summer's in the meadow
    Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow
    'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow
    Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so.

And if you come, when all the flowers are dying
    And I am dead, as dead I well may be
    You'll come and find the place where I am lying
    And kneel and say an "Ave" there for me.

And I shall hear, tho' soft you tread above me
    And all my dreams will warm and sweeter be
    If you'll not fail to tell me that you love me
    I'll simply sleep in peace until you come to me.

I'll simply sleep in peace until you come to me.
    goinghome -- Thursday June 14 2007, @03:27PM (#263574)
    (User #12673 Info)

[ home | terms of service ]