posted by davidt on Tuesday December 19 2006, @01:00PM
Link posted by Danny in the forums (original post):

Pandora - The Independent

Bum note
Morrissey's mercurial mouthpiece Merck Mercuriadis (a real name) has been in touch with Pandora, after the attack on the singer by Manchester's "godfather of music", Tony Wilson.

(To recap: Wilson told me Morrissey was "a nasty human being" who "treats people like shit".)

Says Mercuriadis: "I read that with some amusement, because in 2004 Tony Wilson spent the better part of six months begging for Morrissey to be the keynote speaker at his In The City [music] convention.

"We declined and it would appear that the taste of sour grapes continues to linger."

I am willing to accept that this is one of those unusual occasions where they may both be right.
---
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • thought i'd put it out there:

GUNS N' ROSES rocker AXL ROSE has split up with his manager MERCK MERCURIADIS because he showed the SWEET CHILD OF MINE singer "no respect". The music hellraiser blames management for further delays to the nine-years-in-the-making album CHINESE DEMOCRACY. He fumes "When I agreed to do our recent North American tour I agreed with the understanding that I and my manager Merck Mercuriadis were in full agreement as to our strategy, touring plans and most importantly that any and all things needed to release the album at the latest by 26 December were to be in place. "Unfortunately this turned out not to be the case, and I regret to say again the album will not be released by the end of the year. "This was compounded by an overall sense of a lack of respect by management for the band and crew and each individual's particular expertise that has resulted unfortunately in the end of... my relationship in having a management or sense of band involvement with Merck Mercuriadis." 15/12/2006 17:42
    Anonymous -- Tuesday December 19 2006, @01:07PM (#243952)
    • Re:Merck by viggerz (Score:1) Wednesday December 20 2006, @05:01AM
      • Re:Merck by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday December 20 2006, @05:24AM
  • tony wilson is an odious little man who's had it in for moz since the early 80's. wilson seems to only have time for people he can manipulate, 20 years on nothing has changed, no wonder ian curtis killed himself , wouldn't you have done the same if you were signed to this oaf.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday December 19 2006, @01:21PM (#243956)
  • Merck Mercuriadis (a real name)

I had assumed 'Merck' was a nickname. Does anyone know what his actual given name is?
    Anonymous -- Tuesday December 19 2006, @02:12PM (#243965)
    • Re:Real name? by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday December 19 2006, @11:16PM
    • Re:Real name? by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday December 20 2006, @07:34AM
      • Re:Real name? by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday December 20 2006, @08:55AM
    • Re:Real name? by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday December 21 2006, @06:18PM
  • the wonderful and insightful David Bret's "Scandal & Passion".

In it, responding to Wilson's remark stating that Morrissey was 'a woman trapped in a man's body', Moz shot back that 'Wilson was a pig trapped inside a man's body'.

Morrissey later apologised, stating that what he really meant to say was that "Wilson was a man trapped inside a pig's body.'

Morrissey is not rude by nature, but Wilson deserved these deliciously bitchy insults!
    Lazy Sunbather -- Tuesday December 19 2006, @02:57PM (#243981)
    (User #843 Info)
  • Why do I give valuable time etc?
    The Riddler -- Tuesday December 19 2006, @03:43PM (#243993)
    (User #12286 Info)
    • Re:In my life by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday December 20 2006, @07:37AM

[ home | terms of service ]