posted by davidt on Friday December 15 2006, @12:00PM
goinghome writes:
Notice of a two-hour special broadcast on Morrissey by Xfm next Sunday has been posted on the True-To-You website:

Morrissey on Xfm

Sanctuary Records have announced the following information:

A two-hour Morrissey special will be broadcast on Sunday 17th December at 11 p.m. across the entire Xfm Network (London 104.9 FM, Manchester 97.7 FM, and Scotland 105.7 - 106.1 FM). The first hour will feature an exclusive Morrissey interview with Xfm's Ian Camfield, and the second hour will feature Morrissey live in concert, recorded at outdoor shows this past summer. Xfm is available in major cities around the U.K. on DAB Digital Radio and through cable and satellite TV: Sky Channel 0111, NTL Channel 891, and Telewest Channel 965. You can also listen to Xfm online at www.xfm.co.uk.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • When you try to listen to xfm on the web outside of the UK, it will ask for your postcode, as it is illegal for British radio stations to transmit outside the UK even on the web.

So enter a British postcode and your in. Try:

N1 2PB

But any postcodde from the UK will do.
    Anonymous -- Friday December 15 2006, @12:51PM (#243480)
  • Fair play to Sanctuary, I know we've slagged them off for promotion and Moz himself has had a pop, but that's not a bad coup... 2 hours radio nationwide on a well respected and listened to station?

Not many performers / bands could hope to get that. Very, very few.

And whilst I think the Russell Brand TV and radio show did no ill to this, as well as the Lauren Laverne interview on XFM which seemed to go well, this must either be a hastily arranged thing by the radio station or the work of his label. Obviously Morrissey doesn't enter into the negotiations!

So well done Sanctuary! (Or whoever has been put in charge of Moz on their behalf) - that's quite a victory.

Sometimes it's good to salute when things are done right!
  • I've just been shouting at my radio. Oh well, I'll be tuning in tonight.
    Anonymous -- Sunday December 17 2006, @04:24AM (#243670)
  • I only heard the last part, of some kicking live show clips. Anyone catch the interview, and is there a play-again option please?
    goinghome -- Sunday December 17 2006, @06:03PM (#243760)
    (User #12673 Info)
  • OH GOD IT WAS AWSOME
    Thank you Morrissey for let us hear you again!!

Anonymous -- Sunday December 17 2006, @06:05PM (#243761)
  • XFM vs Brand (Score:2, Informative)

Not much to draw from this;
    1) The hint of work on a new album.

2) Morrissey made a comment about Manchester changing over time, but remaining an interesting place, whilst London was compared unfavourably as having lost its character over the years. Part nostalgia, part assertion of Northern identity. I like Manchester and the people I know there, but I also choose not to live there. However, I also like London, for the same reasons Morrissey denigrates it, the kaleidoscopic ethnic mix and constant shifting of identity and energy.

I know next to nothing about Russell Brand, but I enjoyed that interview more. Brand was enthusiastic, intelligent, articulate, qualities that raised his interview above the XFM one and, I surmise, Morrissey's interest in the occasion.
      Also, I thought it a Masterclass in evasion and distraction. RB did answer a few questions that should have gone the other way. Fascinating. I recommend a listen.

Sinistra
    sinistra 21 -- Sunday December 17 2006, @10:07PM (#243771)
    (User #16758 Info)
  • I set my Sky+ to record it but it failed, so does anybody know how to watch it again? Is it up on youTube yet ? Many thanks.
    Lola runs -- Monday December 18 2006, @02:26AM (#243778)
    (User #16891 Info)
  • Not Bad (Score:2, Informative)

The DJ doing the interview had one of those "Smashie & Nicie" voices, but I have to give him credit for a reasonable inteview.

Main points of interest-

He has new material, so an album is likely next year.

He hasn't decided where to live.

He does not listen to fans comments, he sets his own path.

He is still very much attached to Manchester (I knew this -despite reports over the years that he lived in exhile in LA, he was constantly in Manchester at an address that I know very well)

Not Bad at all.
    Anonymous -- Monday December 18 2006, @05:17AM (#243787)
    • Re:Not Bad by goinghome (Score:1) Monday December 18 2006, @10:10AM
      • Re:Not Bad by sinistra 21 (Score:1) Monday December 18 2006, @03:05PM
  • Listened to this online last night- superb live recording (amongst others) of 'We'll let you know' from the V festival. I am an ex-pat Brit working in the West Indies, and have been unable to get to any of the tour gigs. With no sign of a ROTT live album from the tour, these live snippets from the radio are pure gold. IF ANYONE WAS ABLE TO RECORD THIS PLEASE UPLOAD IT ! ! Thanks!! Moz- fancy playing a gig in the Cayman Islands???
    Anonymous -- Monday December 18 2006, @01:13PM (#243825)
  • Someone has posted this in the forums, go have a look. It's much better than it used to be over there, with some lovely generous people.
    sinistra 21 -- Monday December 18 2006, @03:20PM (#243839)
    (User #16758 Info)

[ home | terms of service ]