posted by davidt on Tuesday December 05 2006, @02:00PM
Link to video posted by wolve (original post) and also mozmic_dancer (original post) in the forums:

ICONS: Morrissey Is A Nasty Human Being - Tony Wilson video interview on G4, 9/18/2006
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Not sure what to say about that. I've heard Mr Wilson slag Morrissey off before but he never says why. Can anyone help solve the life long question. Why does Anthony Wilson hate Morrissey so much?
    Anonymous -- Tuesday December 05 2006, @02:10PM (#241697)
  • Never herd of him.... who cares what he thinks.
    tenderliz -- Tuesday December 05 2006, @02:12PM (#241698)
    (User #11301 Info)
  • This Wilson guy is an extremely Gnarly Dude who's just expressing the way he feels about the Mozzer. I think that Morrissey is too much of a princess sometimes and needs to get over himself. Did his fans make him that way or was he born that way. I don't know
    Anonymous -- Tuesday December 05 2006, @02:20PM (#241701)
  • If Tony Wilson hates Morrissey so much, then why was he on The Jewel In The Crown & The Smiths - Ultimate Review DVDs praising him?
    Anonymous -- Tuesday December 05 2006, @02:48PM (#241712)
  • jurassic park!
    mattorefice <[email protected]> -- Tuesday December 05 2006, @02:58PM (#241715)
    (User #2318 Info | http://pechogrande.com/)
    Leslie Towne Hope = Packy West
    • Re:dan! dan! by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday December 06 2006, @05:19AM
  • What a massive, massive, heaving ball of douche.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday December 05 2006, @03:08PM (#241718)
  • watch this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gEpNq4wN9y4

william23
    william23 -- Tuesday December 05 2006, @03:12PM (#241720)
    (User #17833 Info)
  • Phil Collins separated from his third wife. How did he dump his second?

a) By fax
    b) By text message
    c) By singing 'I'm a queasy lover' down the phone

No it is not one of them phone ins where you can win a George Foreman Gril!

Ans - a)
    Satan accepted mine -- Tuesday December 05 2006, @03:23PM (#241723)
    (User #14277 Info)
  • Wilson hates Morrissey , because he is jealous!

Had the Smiths been on Factory Records he would probably still be hanging out of Mozzers Arse....

Fuck of Wilson you nobend, get back to presenting Police 5 or whatever crap it is you do!
    Anonymous -- Tuesday December 05 2006, @03:25PM (#241724)
  • Wilson was just pissed off they didn`t sign for Factory.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday December 05 2006, @04:00PM (#241734)
  • Mr. Wilson is one fucked up individual. I don't think he ever recovered from the fact that Steve Coogan made a better fist of playing him than he could ever hope to manage himself.
    The Riddler -- Tuesday December 05 2006, @04:34PM (#241748)
    (User #12286 Info)
  • He's probably right.

Morrissey probably is a nasty human being.

His songs are OK though.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday December 05 2006, @04:57PM (#241753)
    • Re:Tony The Pony by glamorous shoplifter (Score:1) Wednesday December 06 2006, @07:24AM
    • Re:Tony The Pony by antonhamilton (Score:0) Wednesday December 06 2006, @10:19AM
    • Re:Tony The Pony by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday December 07 2006, @02:49AM
  • You notice how Stephen Street would only speak ill of Morrissey when he was drunk? That's because Morrissey has his spies everywhere and Stephen Street knows it.
    You can expect to find Stephen Street dead in a mysterious accident with a fruit knife and a budgie in a few days.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday December 05 2006, @06:55PM (#241788)
  • I have an old tape of Tony Wilson interviewing Morrissey for what looks like the local Manchester news (Granada Reports). At the time, I never realized that this guy Tony Wilson was also involved with Factory Records. Very odd--the nerdy looking guy on the news also is head of a very cool record label. From a journalistic point of view, also kind of a conflict of interest, but..anyway my favorite part was when Tony asked Morrissey, With the feelings you have,and the ideas you express, why'd you want to be a popstar. And Morrissey said, well, it doesn't make life worse. You should try it sometime.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday December 05 2006, @08:05PM (#241791)
  • he just lost his golden touch in todays musical zoo. new order, joy division, happymondays and so on he so admired of in his beloved dvdiography 24hourpartypeeps is just a beatiful past. perhaps he need a media propaganda to fulfill his legacy...a post power/famous syndrome? totally against all odds
    Peter Marr -- Tuesday December 05 2006, @08:51PM (#241793)
    (User #17077 Info)
  • Morrissey rejected Wilson in bed.... ja ja
    Anonymous -- Tuesday December 05 2006, @10:24PM (#241797)
  • the only way I can explain it is they are both from Manchester. Is it really that dreary there?

Before a troll responds, let me beat you to the punch line.

"Drop dead Puddle. I hope one day your pathetic cats find you in your bath tub with you throat slit, and then they proceed to eat you until the neighbors complain of the stench, call the police, and find your sorry excuse of a body. No one cares about what you think!!"
    Puddle -- Tuesday December 05 2006, @11:36PM (#241801)
    (User #15599 Info)
  • Wilson's hateful comments were uncalled for. Not once could he justify his opinion toward Morrissey.

Morrissey is a true gem- an original in the music business today.

This Wilson fellow probably dropped a bad dose of "E."

And as for Phil Collins, I have only heard the OPPOSITE about him!

Remember his "Miami Vice" days-? Now THAT was hateful!

Morrissey doesn't fit into anyone's exact paradigm, and that is why so many people despise him.

All the more for me to love.

Always-
    KEN
    sycophantic_slag -- Wednesday December 06 2006, @12:01AM (#241803)
    (User #3940 Info)
    "And I just can't explain/ So I won't even try to."
  • Very funny. It was like watching a 12 year old schoolgirl bitching about why she doesn't like Mary Jones in class 4C because she treats the other girls mean and anyway,nobody else likes her.........

Also, anyone who describes themselves as "an academic" is by definition a dozy old tart!

Vauxhall Victor -- Wednesday December 06 2006, @02:36AM (#241821)
    (User #16921 Info)
  • I don't understand how he can talk about Morrissey like that. Moz is the exact opposite of evil.

Don't forget to VOTE!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/livingicons/vote/
    Jack the Ripper1 <[email protected]> -- Wednesday December 06 2006, @03:33AM (#241830)
    (User #17841 Info | http://aboutmorrissey.blogspot.com/)
  • Seriously? Tony Wilson slaaging off Morrissey again?! I'm getting so fucking bored of this bulbous moron - what he knows about music and talent could fit in a matchbox. Every interview, he sits there, trying to look like a University professor, trying to sound knowledgeable. Fuckin joke - Wilson, you're pathetic - I recommend that before you slag off talented people, you find some talent for yourself - cause you seem to have none whatsoever!

anotherordinaryboy -- Wednesday December 06 2006, @04:53AM (#241851)
    (User #16076 Info)
    Let me get my hands on your mammary glands....
  • That was one of the funniest things I've seen all day; from the spelling out of his name to his admiration of Phil Collins, what a pompous, bloated eejit.
    Just because you couldn't get Mozzer to like you Wilson, you turn on him like a spurned child. One thing he said was quite illuminating though, that his hatred for Morrissey is only matched by Morrissey's hatred for him, suggesting that the two people you never ever want to piss off from the 80's Manchester music scene are those two; they bear more grudges than high court judges.
    But, what a load of cobblers that Morrissey shits on everyone he's ever worked with; is that why he's worked with virtually the same band for over 10 years, and they love him?
    The real scenario is this, Morrissey cannot stand sycophants or arseholes. I'll bet he had a conversation with Wilson, decided he was a twat and further converations with him would be a precious waste of God's good air, but Wilson couldn't take a hint and pestered him. I can only imagine Morrissey's response.
    Anthony Wilson was the snidey creepy kid in class who wanted so very desperately to be in with the cool crowd and invented a new game so they'd all come running. Morrissey was the quiet intellectual kid who turned around and remarked to all the 'in' crowd, "what the f**k are you doing sucking up to him, he's a backstabbing, lying git." The cool kids listened, and ever since Wilson has been sobbing into his Boddingtons.
    Mozzersgirl -- Wednesday December 06 2006, @05:23AM (#241859)
    (User #14229 Info)
    "There's more evil in the charts than in an al-Qaeda suggestion box" - Bill Bailey
  • Well, if one ever would want to know why Morrissey would treat certain people in the music industry like "shit", Tony Wilson is the perfect explanation / justification. What goes around, comes around.
    MILVA -- Wednesday December 06 2006, @05:56AM (#241862)
    (User #12729 Info)
    no previous convictions
  • Moz is a bastard of human being? Maybe he is...I personally would rather NOT meet him and find out. I'd rather have a few pints with Johnny...
    Anonymous -- Wednesday December 06 2006, @06:03AM (#241864)
  • that while Moz has admittedly done some wankerish things his status as bastard is no where near as high as Wilson. Even when they portrayed him in 24 Hour Party People, he was a wanker and all the other characters hated him. It might just be while Moz occasionally acts the twat, he gets away with it due to his talent and the fact that people are drawn to his lyrics. Wilson on the other hand has simply been labelled "twat" by all and sundry.

It also maybe that Morrissey used to constantly come to Wilson with written plays (allegedly about toast as I recall) and for advice (to which tony told him to "go off and write your novel-you'll never be a pop star"). Nowe of course Morrissey has succeeded with out Wilson and will be remebered as a more talented, interesting and enigmatic individual when Wilsons popped his clogs. He's pissed about the old switcheroo basically. However, despite the fact that Factory had a few good bands, Joy Divison et al were great before they were signed-the company didn't write the songs now did they? To paraphrase Morrissey, the day someone sticks Wilson in the back of their car and drives him to saddleworth moor is the dat Manchester will breath a sigh of relief.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday December 06 2006, @07:13AM (#241884)
  • This is a long standing slanging match, i admire Mozz's work but no way do i think he is angelic, nor would i ever want to meet him, i think anyone who's behaviour is slightly peculiar before they are famous are only going to get worse, as they are indulged and constantly said yes to etc. As his best friend admitted in the Channel 4 documentary, Morrissey's favourite past time is character assassination...not really a mark of a kind and gentle soul...Just think, why do these people WANT the love of millions?!? Morrissey is not a God, he is a genius songwriter and a flawed human being, one feeds the other...so there!
    Anonymous -- Wednesday December 06 2006, @07:28AM (#241891)
  • ...is a wanker anyway.

that thing about stephen street was too funny. if it's true, then he must be the biggest coward to ever walk this earth. i mean, who really needs to get drunk to say they don't want to work with someone again? especially when the person in question isn't even there (from what i understood he wasn't, anyway).

as a certain someone once said, if you don't like me, then don't look at me. maybe mr. wilson should spend less time and effort slagging off people, and more time thinking about why moz is still relevant in 2006 and he himself most certainly is not. i have no problem with people criticizing morrissey, i mean he spends plenty of time criticizing others, so why not. but at least he does it with some humor and without seeming like a jealous prick, which is hardly something you can say for ol' tony.
    mywar -- Wednesday December 06 2006, @08:11AM (#241898)
    (User #16603 Info)
  • Tony Wilson is alright although somewhat misguided at times he is harmless, he in fact laughed at the first time he heard that our Morrissey was singing in a band because he couldn't see it, although not the first time he missed out signing a great band......he called the Stone Roses "too baggy" sounding and he champions forgotten footnotes such as "Crispy Ambulance" and "a certain ratio" A guy like tony wilson could only thrive in a pretentious decade such as the 80s
      joy division signing must have been a fluke...and without the Hacienda he never would have met the likes of the Happy Mondays a beautiful accident which pretty much sums up factory records the hacienda and Tony Wilson career....having said all that I am a huge MOzzer fan but I as well can see the fact that he is a bit of a pain to work with (just ask his old band mates), concert promoters, managers etc etc etc down the list.....

to morrissey and to a certain few here these types of people are "lesser human beings" that deserve all his crap that he heaps upon them because our Mozzer is a genius which is bollocks because all people should be treated with respect and dignity....divine providence wasn't kind enough to touch the rest of us with great talent so show some humility a$$ before divine providence predestines you to being a roadie or even worse a record executive in your next life.....

Ones true self and character comes out when they have an upper hand or when they are successful and on top
    Anonymous -- Wednesday December 06 2006, @10:16AM (#241913)
  • Very funny. I enjoyed it.
    Davey Boy -- Wednesday December 06 2006, @01:55PM (#241966)
    (User #508 Info)
  • tony wilson=ashes that will leave no trace
    Anonymous -- Thursday December 07 2006, @04:19AM (#242052)
  • Tony is a prat. Always has been, always will be. But he's also a rather odd prat and he loves himself but he's also in a world of his own.

You just have to laugh at the things that he comes out with publicly from time to time (mostly out of desparation that manchester folk know he's a joke I imagine.) I don't want to say much more, except to say what I've said before, that anyone that could take Factory Records into administration is a complete fool and if Martin had been here, then we would have given Wilson yet another kicking (and no, not in the courtroom.)

Wilson is a man who gave another man 20 per cent of nothing (which is what Factory were worth at that time) and he is a joke and a fool.

Best,

Strawberry.
    Anonymous -- Thursday December 07 2006, @09:29AM (#242081)
  • Given that none of us have met Morrissey, far less conducted business or had a relationship with him, how the hell is everyone on here so sure Tony Wilson is wrong about him?

Maybe he isn't a very nice guy. It would certainly explain a few things.

Thankfully I don't care what he's like in person, that's not the point of being a fan.
    finethen -- Thursday December 07 2006, @11:37AM (#242097)
    (User #12339 Info)
    • Re:Yawn by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday December 07 2006, @12:32PM
    • Re:Yawn by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday December 07 2006, @02:09PM

[ home | terms of service ]