posted by davidt on Thursday September 29 2005, @11:00AM
andrea_bov writes:
Today we finally saw Moz outside the former Morricone studio in Roma. He arrived in a small car drived by his manager. Moz came out of the car rapidly, we called him, but he gently avoided us. Thus was the manager who decided to talk to us. He expressed his worry about the spread of the news of his artist recording in Roma. He was very very kind and thanked us for being not aggressive with Moz. They didn’t expected so much interest in Italy and he said that now they just want to concetrate and produce the new record quitely. Very nice spotting, we are very excited. Notice that all italian music websites have now news about these sessions in Roma.

Andrea & Francesco

...Here are the various web articles in italian about Morrissey recording in Rome:

Kataweb.it: Morrissey, nuovo album in cantiere, si registra nella capitale
(morrissey new record, recording in the italian capital)

Freakout: Morrissey a Roma per le registrazioni del nuovo disco
(Moz in Rome for the recording of the new record)

MTV.IT: MORRISSEY A PRIMAVERA - Il nuovo disco uscirà nella prima metà del 2006
(Moz in Spring. New record will come out in 2006)
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • "i'm currently in rome recording my album...specifically, in Ennio Morricone's old studio."

"how in the hell did all these fans find me?"
    suzanne -- Thursday September 29 2005, @11:04AM (#180053)
    (User #36 Info)
    I scare dead people.
  • This is the funniest "moz-miz-spelling" I have ever seen (first link).
    Sven68 -- Thursday September 29 2005, @12:40PM (#180064)
    (User #4431 Info | http://www.keiselt.de/westham)
  • to blend in, do not as the Romans when in Rome..
    Anonymous -- Thursday September 29 2005, @12:46PM (#180066)
  • I had a few minutes to waste ;-)

Morrissey, new album in progress, recording in the capital.

New album in view for Morrissey. The former Smith chose to tape in Rome in Ennio Morricone's studio which are located in a 17th century church catacombs. For his return, the singer has dragged in Jeff Salzman, a producer famous for his work with the Killers. Described by its editor as the rockiest record ever made by Morrissey, the album will be released around spring 2006.
    Retired Whore <[email protected]> -- Thursday September 29 2005, @01:02PM (#180071)
    (User #3238 Info)
    Sweet F.A.
  • Morrissey, the former Leader of the Smiths is currently in Rome in order to record his new album which will be produced by Jeff Salzman (who last worked with the Killers). "Moz" is supposedly working in a studio previously used by Ennio Morricone inside the catacombs of a 17th century church. It seems that the record will be much more rock than the previous one. The work should be close to its end and the CD should hit the stores in spring 2006.

Undirectly, Morrissey has confirmed his presence in Rome releasing a declaration on video to the PETA organisation which has awarded him a decoration for his struggle against every type of violence against animals. Morrissey appears in the video apologizing not to be able to take part of the event and stated he was in Rome to record his new album.

Now my girlfriend is back so I have to stop translating ! Italiani, please, help them in my stead ;-)
    Retired Whore <[email protected]> -- Thursday September 29 2005, @01:11PM (#180075)
    (User #3238 Info)
    Sweet F.A.
  • I find it strange that this made news. I was in Rome for the first 2 weeks of September (it was hotter than #@!&) and I couldnt find anybody really interested in music.
    No record shops, no CD shops, nothing. Only a chain music store on Via De Corso that was full of outdated CD's.
    I asked a few bartenders at diferent places and they basiclly said nobody is big on english music in Rome. Hence probably on of the reasons Moz went there to record. Ironiclly, Elton John was playing a free concert outside of the Colosseo the first saturday I was there and it was PACKED!
    Anyhow, best thing about Rome...no rap music...and even better the men there know how to dress (except for the Capri pants that seem to be popular), everyone wears tailored suits, EVERYONE! Oh yeah, and brown leather shoes, they hate black!
    Anonymous -- Thursday September 29 2005, @01:29PM (#180079)
  • There is not a corner of the world this guy could have went without attracting attention. He seems to be quite enamoured with Italy, been learning the lingo (allegedly) and some reported sightings now.

He might be in a positive mood and we could be in for a ‘Balls to the Wall’ feel good album? Rockin' all over the world (well I hope it's not that bad).

Why Italy? Could Italy be a new home for Moz? Why not? Although Silvio Berlusconi is just as evil as Bush, but with less WMD.

They scare live people.
    Satan accepted mine -- Thursday September 29 2005, @03:10PM (#180092)
    (User #14277 Info)
  • Some tentative broodings before the delivery!

“I cannot write five words but that I change seven.”
      Dorothy Parker

“At Sony we presume that all our competitors have basically the same technology, price, performance, and features. Design is the only thing that differentiates one product from another in the market place.”
    Norio Ohga

“Jesus! Who has time to keep up with the times!”
    Bob Dylan

“At BMW design is treated like a religion.”
    Fortune Magazine

“The Lord is with thee; blessed is the fruit of thy womb.”
    The Pope, Rome

“No te divertes con pappy.”
    The so-called Pope, Rome

“I'd burn in hell, to make sure that my children are safe."
    Michael Corleone, The Godfather

“The best is yet to come.”
    Francis Albert Sinatra’s epitaph

goinghome -- Thursday September 29 2005, @03:39PM (#180096)
    (User #12673 Info)
  • You know...I think maybe he should start spending time with the fans. Moz...dude...The Kill Uncle Tour days are over. No one's going to attack you. Relax and chat a while.
    Anonymous -- Thursday September 29 2005, @04:21PM (#180102)
  • Opaque news (Score:2, Interesting)

thanks, Andrea, for sharing the news with us. He is appearing to us through increasingly opaque lenses, it seems, and the fact that there is worry about his whereabouts makes us think he's been feeling threatened lately. I don't know if it is his usual need for isolation, that strucks him every now and then, as it does to every true artist, or introvert, or if it's something unusual, like a dangerous situation, one which probably made him move out of Los Angeles. I'd like to know what is really going on, of course, but it seems no press can come close enough for that. If there is anything that is not mere speculation, or opinionism, please let us know. It is all too fishy that his manager speaks for him - quite unusual, I think, since he's rolled down the window of his car once, to give an authograph to a fan, and since he is usually known to speak to a fan for a few minutes. Maybe he needs peace to record, that's all. But that shouldn't be a reason for concern.
    Mrs. Woolf -- Thursday September 29 2005, @05:01PM (#180110)
    (User #14157 Info)
  • is quite a great guy!

I've heard stories where he has passed on notes and gifts to Morrissey, etc. In every instance he is friendly and easy to talk with.

Andrea and Francesco, don't worry about being avoided. If the anonymous poster is to be believed that posted a few days ago about standing outside the studio, and then the police came, perhaps Morrissey has had some trouble with stalkers already.

Morrissey becomes very focused and single-minded when making a record(I have read), so he will be friendlier I am sure when recording is over.

I hope the new album is good!
    girlafraid33 -- Thursday September 29 2005, @07:07PM (#180118)
    (User #14185 Info)
  • Please don't bother Morrissey. If we want a good album, he has to be focused.
    TooledUpAsianBoy -- Thursday September 29 2005, @09:12PM (#180125)
    (User #1732 Info)
  • I wonder if (Score:1, Redundant)

The Da Vinci Code influenced his decision to record in rome.

The "rockiest" sounding album yet, what's it called "Southpaw Lingo"?
    ILOVEKACIE -- Thursday September 29 2005, @10:15PM (#180127)
    (User #14633 Info)
    • Re:I wonder if by Anonymous (Score:0) Friday September 30 2005, @01:32AM
    • Re:I wonder if by suzanne (Score:1) Friday September 30 2005, @07:41AM
  • andrea could very well be a man in Italy.
    Anonymous -- Friday September 30 2005, @01:16AM (#180128)
  • As much as i was troubled by the dire spelling and sentence structure of the original post, what concerns me most is that there are actually people who wait outside recording studios waiting for Morrissey to show up! Leave the man alone, for god's sake. I like him as much as anyone else, but i draw the line at stalking. I swear, some of you are becoming more and more like Michael Jackson fans by the week!! Leave Mr Morrissey alone- go and look at the Vatican or something. It's what Moz would want.
    Jealous of Youth -- Friday September 30 2005, @04:08AM (#180136)
    (User #14655 Info)
    "so many women, my head should be spinning. Ah, but no..."
    • Re:Leave Him Alone (Score:2, Insightful)

The grammar was a bit wrong, but I only saw one spelling mistake, I'd hardly call it dire! Go easy, especially on someone for whom it's obvious English isn't their first language. Besides, does it really matter? Also I think Moz would start to get a bit worried if nobody tried to spot him! I wouldn't call this person a stalker - someone who lives in the area and thought they might try the opportunity to see him.
      amysquie -- Friday September 30 2005, @04:59AM (#180139)
      (User #12405 Info | http://www.livejournal.com/users/amysquie)
    • Re:Leave Him Alone by Anonymous (Score:0) Friday September 30 2005, @02:34PM
  • I attempted to read the Italian news and for a moment thought "Morrissey's doing a disco album?"

Interesting it's the Killer's producer.
    Helvissa -- Friday September 30 2005, @07:26AM (#180146)
    (User #12421 Info | http://www.prettypettythieves.com/)
  • Remember the time when he went to Bath and recorded "Kill Uncle" and nobody gave two flying fucks? These are great days for Morrissey...I, personally, cannot wait to hear the stuff he wrote with Jesse Tobias...finally, somebody else other than Whyte/Boorer.

I'm really looking forward to the new record.
    Ramon -- Friday September 30 2005, @09:30AM (#180160)
    (User #2577 Info)
    "I'm all over you...like a vulture, like impending death"
  • via google
    http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F %2Fwww.mtv.it%2Fnews%2Fnews_page.asp%3FID%3D31295% 26NAME%3DMorrissey%26IDNEWS%3D15277&langpair=it%7C en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

MORRISSEY To SPRING

The new disc will exit in the first half of 2006Good news for who loves Morrissey : it is attended for the spring of the 2006 its new album. Like already announced previously, the cantautore of Manchester has chosen Rome like base in order to record its new record work, continuation of the lucky person " You Are The Quarry " of 2004. The former ones frontman of the Smiths will record in the study that was of Ennio Morricone , whose premises rise in catacombe of one the church of 17esimo the century. The chosen producer for this job is Jeff Salzman , already to the work with the Killers , that it has described the album like the disc more rock never made from Morrissey .

It does not remain that to wait for the next spring.

someraincoatedlovers -- Friday September 30 2005, @11:01AM (#180167)
    (User #10290 Info)
  • I bet he's staying at the Hôtel de Russie, via Babuino. It's the best hotel in Rome, and is at a sigh from Piazza Euclide Forum Music Village recording studio.
    Has a nice internal court, which could match the Peta video surroundings. Never been inside though, but close enough to Pincio to have a look. Piazza del Popolo, that is. And it has historical background too ... the "ghetto dell'Ingresi" ...

Not sure what he meant with 17th century church - the Basilica del Sacro Cuore Immacolato di Maria is 20th Century, and ugly as hell.

Enjoy, brave Romans !
    Anonymous -- Monday October 03 2005, @01:36PM (#180425)
  • Roma is the italian spelling of Rome, ninny.
    suzanne -- Thursday September 29 2005, @11:42AM (#180060)
    (User #36 Info)
    I scare dead people.
  • It's spelled Roma in quite a few countries where jackass is not spelled jackass.
    Anonymous -- Thursday September 29 2005, @01:36PM (#180081)
  • That's too funny....I love it when people call others jackasses and guess what? Turns out they're the jackass!! Haha
    Anonymous -- Thursday September 29 2005, @09:23PM (#180126)
  • lol this post should be scored as 'funny' now! What a half-wit.
    amysquie -- Friday September 30 2005, @05:03AM (#180140)
    (User #12405 Info | http://www.livejournal.com/users/amysquie)
  • Come questo sito internet e in massima parte per i lettori che parlano inlgese, devi schrivere in inglese, no? Cosi che "roma" deve essere "Rome".

I'm just kidding, I don't care at all if it's Rome or roma.
    Chicago -- Friday September 30 2005, @08:00AM (#180150)
    (User #11117 Info)
    • Re:Rome by niva (Score:1) Friday September 30 2005, @12:14PM
      • Re:Rome by Chicago (Score:0) Monday October 03 2005, @09:22AM
        • Re:Rome by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday October 06 2005, @07:36AM
  • no you stupido inglese.. YOU call it Rome
    we call it Roma
    IGNORANT JACKASS
    Anonymous -- Saturday October 01 2005, @06:59AM (#180244)
  • 1 reply beneath your current threshold.

[ home | terms of service ]