posted by davidt on Monday September 26 2005, @11:00AM
Belligerent Ghoul sends the link:

Prufrock: Between rock and a hard place - The Sunday Times

HEAVEN knows Sanctuary is miserable now.

The music company, whose clients include Morrissey, Sir Elton John, Guns’n’Roses and Beyoncé, and was for so long a stock-market darling, has had another awful week
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • yep, that's an original opening for an article such as this.
    Anonymous -- Monday September 26 2005, @11:29AM (#179672)
    • Re:de ja vu by Anonymous (Score:0) Monday September 26 2005, @07:42PM
  • Andy Bell one half of Erasure has recently joined there ranks and releases his debut album Electric Blue next Monday
    Anonymous -- Monday September 26 2005, @11:35AM (#179673)
  • release your album before they fold!
    suzanne -- Monday September 26 2005, @02:57PM (#179714)
    (User #36 Info)
    I scare dead people.
    • Re:moz, hurry up! by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday September 27 2005, @02:16AM
      • who said? by suzanne (Score:1) Tuesday September 27 2005, @05:25AM
      • Re:moz, hurry up! by nonesoever (Score:1) Tuesday September 27 2005, @07:13AM
      • "On Monday 11th October, Sanctuary Records will release three very special, strictly limited edition singles on its Attack label.
        The label was revived earlier this year for the release of Morrissey's Platinum selling 'You Are The Quarry' album and these singles come recommended by the man himself."

Therefore, for the time being at least, Attack is owned by Sanctuary and they're still in business. To be honest, a company's financial difficulties can be chronicled for months until they fold ... I mean what other excitment can you get in the business press? Men in suits with busty secretaries playing FTSE and waiting for those balls to rise in the morning ... actually I take it back, it sounds like enormous fun.
        Can I also take this opportunity to say that the last bastion of choice for the book buying public that is Ottakar's is about to fall under the helm of the evil HMV / Waterstones.
        Anyone fancy helping me take on the corporate might of His Master's Voice and save my job?
        What's that? Oh ... you're all washing your hair.
        Mozzersgirl -- Tuesday September 27 2005, @12:38PM (#179845)
        (User #14229 Info)
        "There's more evil in the charts than in an al-Qaeda suggestion box" - Bill Bailey
  • This is new news?

OMG, the Titanic sank?!
    OMG, the Hindenburg crashed?!
    OMG, the Nazis were defeated?!
    Anonymous -- Monday September 26 2005, @07:16PM (#179742)
    • Fun with OMG by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday September 27 2005, @10:07AM
  • Well, there goes any hope for promo for the new CD...if he can get it out in time. That's what downoloads will do to a record company.
    thetexasbloke
    Anonymous -- Tuesday September 27 2005, @01:12PM (#179849)
  • Calm down people- after the success of You Are The Quarry, there will be no shortage of labels who want to release and promote it.
    I'm still uncertain what album from Sanctuary I'm looking forward to most- Guns N' Roses long-awaited Chinese Democracy or the new Mozza one?
    Jealous of Youth -- Wednesday September 28 2005, @05:53AM (#179917)
    (User #14655 Info)
    "so many women, my head should be spinning. Ah, but no..."

[ home | terms of service ]