posted by davidt on Wednesday September 21 2005, @11:00AM
someraincoatedlovers writes:
Another news bit I believe taken from the GQ article, at ContactMusic Morrissey: 'Doherty can't cope'

Former THE SMITHS frontman MORRISSEY has hit out at the way the British media trivialises BABYSHAMBLES frontman PETE DOHERTY's drug-taking.

Doherty - who is dating supermodel KATE MOSS - has been through several unsuccessful spells in rehab in a bid to beat addictions to crack cocaine and heroin, and Morrissey feels he should be helped, not encouraged.

The singer says, "I'm not sure he can cope. There's a desperation to him. I sense he's on thin ice.

"It's all very giggle-worthy for NME (British music magazine) to report two hours after a gig that he's in a crack house in Glasgow (Scotland) but I don't find that amusing."
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • I think I've read this somewhere before.
    Did you ever read the Pete Doherty interveiw in NME, where Pete Doherty said he was treated like shit from Morrissey, and would ' bop him on his hooter'?.

Morrissey is right, I feel like the more media coverage Pete gets, the more he seems to think it's right to do it....

I'm sure you all have very different veiws to me.
    Hello Indie -- Wednesday September 21 2005, @11:09AM (#179011)
    (User #13749 Info | http://somedizzywhore.com/)
    Somedizzywhore.com offers free jars of beetroot for the elderly.
  • News today is that the supermodel has also been discovered doing cocaine, and immediately lost several of her contracts. Hopefully it'll be just the spur to make them cop on. They've got so much going for them, so romantic if they'd only stop 'running to stand still'.
    goinghome -- Wednesday September 21 2005, @11:24AM (#179018)
    (User #12673 Info)
    • Re:Nor can Kate by Hello Indie (Score:1) Wednesday September 21 2005, @11:36AM
      • Re:Nor can Kate (Score:2, Insightful)

I know: there's a certain Schaudenfreud - a malicious satisfaction in the misfortune of others - going on around them, and I bet that their main crime is to get caught since it's known that many people in business generally but especially the fashion/entertainment world, are prone to druggie misdemeanours, if it's not even often a lifestyle thing. So let's hope they can save themselves, and get back on an even keel soon.
        goinghome -- Wednesday September 21 2005, @04:13PM (#179096)
        (User #12673 Info)
        • Re:Nor can Kate by kissmyshades (Score:1) Thursday September 22 2005, @01:21AM
          • Re:Nor can Kate by goinghome (Score:1) Thursday September 22 2005, @03:01PM
  • Pete Doherty is such a troublesome young fellow. I think Moz is right about him, but I don't think Pete will ever stop being a junkie. Kate Moss has lost an incredible amount of money this week in contracts, and might lose her kid too.

Can anyone "yousendit" Radio America? Thanks!
    Anonymous -- Wednesday September 21 2005, @02:18PM (#179068)
  • this may cause controversial but i really think he could have been! Doherty was a poet before he was ever a rock star or drug addict, he even went to Oxford for a year. If you listen to "Music When The lihgts Go Out" or "New Love Grows On Trees" or "for lovers" you can see how much lyrical potential Doherty has. He also has a similar fanbase to Moz in terms of their dedication, its a shame the British media have decided to make him a household name for all the wrong reasons. I noticed how only the broadsheets reported when Pete appeared at the Burns festival this summer.
    But of course the tragedy in this drug thing is not the music or modelling industry but Pete and Kate's kids.
    xXx_Mrs_Moz_xXx -- Wednesday September 21 2005, @03:46PM (#179092)
    (User #14395 Info | http://www.camdram.net/shows/06/evening_with_gary_lineker)
    "The Earl of Sandwich invented the sandwich, Samuel Morse invented the Morse Code & Plato invented the plate"
  • Pete doherty thinks hes good the guys a disaster he cant sing anymore he turned his back on his band mates if he ever saw them as that,he cant have a civilised relationship with anyone, he cant ADMIT that he has a problem
    but then again he is the sweet & tender hooligan
    hooooooooooligan because he'll never never do it again Er not until the next gig.
    I used to think he was sound but now Fuck You Doherty !!! sort your life out.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday September 21 2005, @03:59PM (#179094)
  • doherty is a talentless twat that has gone from one shit band to another. who gives a fuck whether some shit musician has a drug problem. couldn't care a less how much attention the media pays to him or whether it makes him do it more or not. just think its a shame someone like morrissey pays him any attention. shows how out of touch morrissey is that the kind of music he champions is the kind of retro shit made by this useless doherty person.
    Anonymous -- Thursday September 22 2005, @12:19PM (#179230)
    • Re:doherty by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday September 22 2005, @12:23PM
      • Re:doherty by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday September 22 2005, @01:05PM
        • Re:doherty by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday September 22 2005, @01:43PM
  • I'm sick of all you little doherty's, all you ever do is annoy me...
    so I have been sent here to destroy you
    And there's a million of us just like Moz
    who sing like Moz who just want to write a good song like Moz
    who dress like Moz walk,talk and act like Moz
    well they just might be the next best thing but not quite Moz!
    Anonymous -- Thursday September 22 2005, @02:22PM (#179258)
  • Why is this coming up again ?

It was part of the GQ interview that was raked over extensively.
    Was raincaoatedlovers on holiday at the time ?

Are there any other minute details of that interview that we can pick over from now till eternity ?
    Oh yes I forgot. Newcastle Brown Ale deserves a week's debate. Great stuff I say, but take it in moderation. Especially you raincoatedlovers, as you repeddle the same old news again and again.
    Anonymous -- Thursday September 22 2005, @03:10PM (#179276)
  • Well Morrissey did steal all his best ideas off Nik Kershaw.
    Check out "The Riddle" if you don't believe me.
    Anonymous -- Thursday September 22 2005, @03:05PM (#179274)
  • Oh, the appeal of the tortured artist...
    *Yawn*
    Doherty has nothing on Morrissey.
    lg -- Thursday September 22 2005, @05:42PM (#179292)
    (User #12253 Info)
    Friendship is the Love that never dies.
  • 1 reply beneath your current threshold.

[ home | terms of service ]