posted by davidt on Monday September 19 2005, @10:00AM
Popside Aggro writes:
Just heard on the Phil Jupitus show on Radio 6 - ' Boz Boorer, musical director for Morrissey, who has recently left that organisation , has a new band', which is something of a surprise. Either Boz has called it a day and is pushing on with his new project, OneThree or Phil has been reading old Popbitch streams or, seeing that there seems to be a 3-5 year hiatus between Moz albums, Boz dabbling with side projects to keep him out of mischief. Personally speaking, I would be gutted if the great, lumpen Cockney Gretsch-smith had been given his marching orders and I genuinely hope that the True to You tale, of the chaps getting back together in Rome for the new album is the real deal.
---
This is contrary to reports that Boz is currently recording in Rome with Morrissey.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • it's both. maybe he's simply doing session work for this album and is maybe contributing a song or two, but will no longer be going on tour....which, if you think about it, isn't recording an album and contributing a few songs basically the majority of the definition of still being in the band?

suzanne -- Monday September 19 2005, @10:50AM (#178736)
    (User #36 Info)
    I scare dead people.
  • it's not Radio 6. It's BBC 6 Music.
    Anonymous -- Monday September 19 2005, @10:56AM (#178738)
    • Re:correction by Hello Indie (Score:1) Monday September 19 2005, @11:14AM
    • Re:correction by Bill (Score:1) Tuesday September 20 2005, @06:46AM
  • I know first hand, for a fact, that Boz is in Rome. This is b*ll*cks.
    Anonymous -- Monday September 19 2005, @11:38AM (#178744)
    • polecats (Score:2, Interesting)

But then again, he has played this show...
      Maybe a short break from recording?

"Message: 1
            Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 17:52:19 -0000
      Subject: Polecats Show with Tim Boz Phil and John

The Polecats will play in London for the first time in 4 years tomorrow September 18th at
      Dingwalls Lock 17 Camden Town... and Boz WILL be performing ...
      Doors open at 3 PM"
      sweetnesss <[email protected]> -- Monday September 19 2005, @12:19PM (#178754)
      (User #4385 Info | http://www.sweetness-online.de/)
      Life can only be understood in reverse.
      • Re:polecats by Anonymous (Score:0) Monday September 19 2005, @12:25PM
    • 1 reply beneath your current threshold.
  • and good on him if he wants to take on several projects at once! I really don't know how he does it all.

Just because one is busy does not mean one has left their primary band. I'd believe Julia and then wait and see what Boz had to say.
    girlafraid33 -- Monday September 19 2005, @12:33PM (#178757)
    (User #14185 Info)
  • I don't think for one second that Boz has pulled out of the Morrissey camp. Besides, isn't Boz in Rome working on the new album?

Morrissey has had time to work on songs with his collaborators since May (Boz, Alain, Jesse). That's done and now it's time to record it. I don't know how long it takes to actually record an album, but I don't think it will take that long.

Martin Boorer has contributed to many spectacular songs that we all love and enjoy. The melancholic material on Vauxhall stands out more than his other work, but there's no denying his musical ability. He's an underrated guitarist who has been with our beloved Morrissey through thick and thin.
    Foster -- Monday September 19 2005, @12:54PM (#178760)
    (User #14088 Info)
  • Boz is in the band. Some would say that Boz IS the band, so do stop worrying !

Anonymous -- Monday September 19 2005, @04:40PM (#178785)
  • Take a look at myspace.com/theone3 the blog mentions Boz been a full on member of this band and also states he is currently recording the new album with Mozzer.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday September 20 2005, @12:50AM (#178807)
  • Get a clue here folks.
    Is it not obvious what is 3 inches from our nose?

- Boz is working on a different project
    - Marr is in Italy
    - Alain has been seen in LA

Looks like we finally have our heyday

-j
    jools -- Tuesday September 20 2005, @02:23PM (#178902)
    (User #13476 Info)

[ home | terms of service ]