posted by davidt on Monday September 19 2005, @10:00AM
An anonymous person writes:
Heckler Spray is a straight-talking entertainment gossip portal. On Sept 16th it gives an honorary mention to The Smiths' appearance in the National Portrait Gallery.

“Morrissey To Meet Shakespeare

Well, kind of.
Okay ... not at all. Not even one little bit. We just wanted to get your attention. Sorry.
You know what hecklerspray does by now. We take a look at the world of entertainment, pointing at various public figures and being all sarcastic. This is good because a) it makes you dear people laugh and b) this laughter conveniently masks the sound of our chronic weeping.

But - occasionally - we just like to highlight things that we think are cool.
Such as seminal Manchester band The Smiths being granted a spot in the National Portrait Gallery - alongside cheeky chappies such as Henry VIII and old Will Shakespeare.
Ahem. That's all. Normal bile-ridden service will be resumed from this point on.
Pete Doherty is a twat, isn't he?”
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Hold your horses ... (Score:1, Informative)

In case anyone's planning on making a special trip to London see it, it's not there yet ... I went Saturday! They know it's coming, but could not say when.
    Personally, I think the entry is well deserved and not before time, but then... I would!

And Pete Docherty? No, he's not a twat. He's an intelligent and sensitive young man who's chosen to take a path in life that I personally wouldn't have taken, and I wish he hadn't either, but it's his decision. I only hope he comes out the otherside relatively unscaithed, as he's a clever and telented musician.
    Anonymous -- Monday September 19 2005, @03:05PM (#178778)

[ home | terms of service ]