posted by davidt on Monday September 19 2005, @10:00AM
my robot friend writes:
the times on saturday 10th september have done a write up about how ketamine is getting popular in clubs. Julie Burchill argues that some drugs are good cos they make you more outgoing. She writes:

"I think it likely that rather than conquer the dizzying heights of the British media I might have wasted my life in a stupor of solitary funk. Okay, i might have better teeth, but what use is that when you're sitting in a darkened room playing ancient Morrissey records all day, never seeing a soul from one week to the next?"

made me laugh when i read that.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • There is an alternative: you can go clubbing and do lots of drugs/have alots of fun AND find time to obsessively listen to The Smiths for hours. I find it can be especially helpful to listen to Morrissey while coming down/dealing with the day after. Although when one is partying certain Smiths/Morrissey records are just delightful (Louder Than Bombs, Your Arsenal, et.al). But of course nothing beats smoking some chronic and getting lost in the brillianc eof The Smiths.
    DavidBeauy <[email protected]> -- Monday September 19 2005, @11:59AM (#178749)
    (User #6009 Info | http://beaurock.net/)
    "When thirteen years old Who dyed his hair gold ? Oh, I know very well, I don't need to be told"
  • One shouldn't really laugh at anything Julie Burchill writes; she has to be the most annoying, ill-informed, redundant writer it's ever been my displeasure to read (her television programmes are equally irksome). Furthermore, I find the knowledge that she's a Morrissey fan bloody annoying; this woman's favourite band is 'Girls Aloud', a band she referrs to as being (brace yourself) 'panty liner rock'...for the love of god.
    Diedrich -- Monday September 19 2005, @01:05PM (#178763)
    (User #14751 Info)
  • Perhaps she intends to be humourous with her comments, but it sounds as if she is slagging off on him some of the time.

Maybe that's just the nature of their relationship? Whatever the reasoning, she just seems to make comments on him quite a lot that aren't that favourable.
    girlafraid33 -- Monday September 19 2005, @06:13PM (#178795)
    (User #14185 Info)
  • useless piece of crap
    Anonymous -- Tuesday September 20 2005, @04:21AM (#178819)
  • She loves him, really.

And what does she mean, 'conquer the dizzying heights of the British media'? I only ever hear people complaining about her.
    Poppycocteau -- Tuesday September 20 2005, @04:26AM (#178820)
    (User #9489 Info)
    We are ugly but we have the music
    • Re:Pffft . . . by Hello Indie (Score:1) Tuesday September 20 2005, @06:03AM
      • Re:Pffft . . . by Poppycocteau (Score:1) Tuesday September 20 2005, @06:10AM
        • Re:Pffft . . . by Hello Indie (Score:1) Tuesday September 20 2005, @10:34AM

[ home | terms of service ]