posted by davidt on Monday September 19 2005, @10:00AM
The Brave One writes:
Went to the record release party last night for the band the Nightmare of you, at the Downtown on Long Island New York. At one point someone yelled out Morrissey. The lead singer kept talking about how Morrissey was big influence on him during that song. Nightmare of you was great,well worth going to see. Their webpage is www.nightmareofyou.com
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • So who gives a fuck what they say about Morrissey, seriously.
    Anonymous -- Monday September 19 2005, @11:14AM (#178742)
  • I realize-we all realize, actually-the importance of Morrissey and The Smiths, how influential they have been both musically and aesthetically, but I'm not sure how sincerely I take the rash of new acts in the past year or so citing them as an influence. It seems too easy after the success and acceptance of YATQ by the world at large and makes me wonder if Morrissey was any less of an influence in say, 1997? Or is his success simply going to their heads as they hope to cluch the coattails?
    Forgotten English -- Monday September 19 2005, @12:59PM (#178761)
    (User #14725 Info)
  • I have a feeling that people post things on this site NOT due to any real interest in Moz (or [insert band] here) but just to promote some crap-ass local band who mentions [insert band] as an influence or in passing.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday September 20 2005, @11:39PM (#178952)

[ home | terms of service ]