posted by davidt on Monday September 12 2005, @11:00AM
Cliffe writes:
I was at the Brian Jonestown Massacre show last night in Seattle and to my surprise, they played "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore." The band is notorious for getting into fights on stage, sacking members, and stopping shows early. And yes, "That Joke" was stopped halfway through -- but only because band leader Anton Newcombe broke a guitar string.

Brian Jonestown Massacre have recently gained popularity through the oft praised documentary DIG! which follows them and the Dandy Warhols though years of albums and tours. BJM have many records out, most of which are stunningly good.

Related links:

BJM website

DIG! movie website
---
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Dig is funny especially the part where they beat each other up on stage in front of music scouts
    Anonymous -- Monday September 12 2005, @12:53PM (#178189)
  • If you don't know them, just buy the two cds compilation "tepid peppermint wonderland": two amazing cds. For me it's an incredible band, the best to come for years. Currently, the best rock band with The White Stripes.
    Anonymous -- Monday September 12 2005, @12:59PM (#178191)
  • I've never listened to any of their tunes, & i'm probably not likely to after they slagged off The Dears, i'll be biased anyway. Yet, the whole beating each other up on stage thing seems all a bit too cliché to me.

Anyway, i'll wait for the abuse from their fans. Perhaps i can be pregnant with Steve Coogan's baby when it happens. Fingers crossed!!
    Keely -- Monday September 12 2005, @02:42PM (#178208)
    (User #13344 Info)
  • Interesting, as I saw the Dandy Warhols at Lollapalooza in July do a 20 minute version of "What She Said"...
    Anonymous -- Monday September 12 2005, @05:16PM (#178230)

[ home | terms of service ]