posted by davidt on Monday August 29 2005, @10:00AM
MasterOfWho writes:
you probably know this, M is on vh1 classic this next friday night. RockOnTV info
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Why do people always leave messages about 'Who Put The M In Manchester?' being on various TV stations? Surely anyone who gives a shit already HAS the DVD (or has copied it off a friend). I'm not trying to be rude to the person who posted the message, they were just being helpful, but do we REALLY need this?
    "I dunno..."
    Jealous of Youth -- Monday August 29 2005, @12:44PM (#176867)
    (User #14655 Info)
    "so many women, my head should be spinning. Ah, but no..."
  • Just CHILL! (Score:3, Funny)

I don't have "Who Put..." and I would LOVE to see it finally...now if I only had VH1 Classic.
    wemissumoz -- Monday August 29 2005, @01:09PM (#176876)
    (User #4088 Info)
  • Another Morrissey-related media event happens tomorrow evening, Tuesday 30th August, when Irish radio presenter Joe Jackson interviews Damien Dempsey, who was Morrissey’s special guest for most concerts during last year’s tour, and whose recent album “Shots” is faring well. It's on the programme “Under the Influence” on RTE R1 at 10pm. The wave-band is FM: 88.2 – 90.0; 95.2 Mhz; MW: 567,729 KHz; LW: 252 kHz; and the web address is: http://www.rte.ie/radio1/

As Damien was one of Dublin’s original hard working class heroes, this seems like a good place to report impressions of the past weekend’s offering of 100 different indie acts in Dublin city centre - I don’t think any one person could have seen them all. ‘Sack’ were reliably heart-warming and entertaining, though I missed that great song “Get up Stand up”. The singer in ‘Rags’ was Thom Yorke-like, raw, but the band lacked cohesion. The young lads in ‘The Urges’ played a stormer with songs somewhere between The Rolling Stones and The Ramones. The 3-piece Bleedin Bleedins, based in Boston, were all fired up, reminding me of the Killers. ‘Jape’ had it together, while Pony Club were plenty accomplished, angst-driven but sweet, very dandy, though the roadie gaffer, an old friend, begrudged their prior truculence. Joe Chester was a delight, plus Gary Dunne and Valerie Frances, despite some stumbling. ‘Remma’ tripped up on sound and tuning too, but their refined well-wrought skills, and their ripping version of ‘Irish Heart English Blood’ in homage to Morrissey, sealed a successful event.
    goinghome -- Monday August 29 2005, @02:07PM (#176892)
    (User #12673 Info)
  • VH1 Classic? (Score:2, Interesting)

It says on the VH1 Classic site that they focus on music from the 60s-80s. Why are they showing a concert from last year?
    julyspawnedamonster <[email protected]> -- Monday August 29 2005, @04:31PM (#176916)
    (User #14522 Info)
    • Re:VH1 Classic? by Jealous of Youth (Score:0) Tuesday August 30 2005, @05:23AM
    • Re:VH1 Classic? (Score:2, Interesting)

Morrissey performs several Smiths songs in this concert. The Smiths were an 80's band. They are "Classic", not in a sense of "Classic Rock" like Led Zeppelin. It's more about Morrissey's past I'm sure than "You Are The Quarry". It's about time that Morrissey is getting his due in the mainstream here in the U.S. He's becoming more popular as time passes because he's was never really marketed in the U.S. He's always been word of mouth.
      Ghost of Troubled Jo -- Tuesday August 30 2005, @12:35PM (#177005)
      (User #12993 Info)
      • Re:VH1 Classic? by Hidden By Rags (Score:1) Tuesday August 30 2005, @11:12PM
    • Re:VH1 Classic? (Score:2, Informative)

They do mostly play 60`s to 80`s music but they do ocasionally play music from the 90`s.I am an avid vh1 classic viewer and I`ve seen them even play a Morrissey video from WPTMIM it was "there is light that never goes out" and even a live video for "how soon is now" and that performance was not included in the WPTMIM video.They also have a show called Classic/Current where they play a classic video from the artist and their most recent video.For example they played Beck`s video for Loser then they played his latest video.
      tibby -- Wednesday August 31 2005, @11:26AM (#177095)
      (User #2713 Info)
      ~I am a poor freezingly cold soul so far from where I intended to go ~I love Morrissey
  • unfortunatley,i dont have the "classic". so does anyone know if it will re-air on the original vh-1 i sure hope so!( please, please, please, let me get what i want)
    lunarbase577 -- Saturday September 03 2005, @10:40AM (#177337)
    (User #14653 Info)
    "if it's not love, then it's the "bong" that will bring us together" ;-)

[ home | terms of service ]