posted by davidt on Friday August 26 2005, @10:00AM
An anonymous person writes:
My sister found this (Beware the Mars Hoax - NASA) and it sure looks like him, though the article has nothing to do with him. I guess the artist is a fan.

This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Well, the window could have used some drapes and some potted plants on the sill,
    but otherwise, nice artwork.

Yes, I believe the artist did use Morrissey as the model.
    Very romantic.
    mozmic_dancer -- Friday August 26 2005, @10:21AM (#176590)
    (User #11277 Info)
    "I am the fun and the fair, on a Mozsite for the criminally insane..."
  • Perhaps it was the likelihood at the time (2003) that Mars or Moz would ever put in an appearance.
    It's a very pretty picture though. One of those where you just want to hug him and tell him everything will be ok.
    Mozzersgirl -- Friday August 26 2005, @10:41AM (#176598)
    (User #14229 Info)
    "There's more evil in the charts than in an al-Qaeda suggestion box" - Bill Bailey
  • If you look a little closer then you will see the bad photoshop outline on a scanned picture (by the way, the guy forgot to descreen it). And this is definitely a Morrissey shot, probably by the time Viva Hate was released (no sideburns yet).
    Retired Whore <[email protected]> -- Friday August 26 2005, @11:00AM (#176605)
    (User #3238 Info)
    Sweet F.A.
  • That is definitely photoshopped. Artwork is a very bad term to use for this very strange picture. The photo does not cite Morrissey although it is clearly a picture of Morrissey. You would have to be an idiot to say that yes it looks like him. It is him. Wierd. Would Morrissey object to this use of his picture?
    Anonymous -- Friday August 26 2005, @02:37PM (#176636)
  • Morrissey and Mars: the severed alliance
    suzanne -- Friday August 26 2005, @03:43PM (#176650)
    (User #36 Info)
    I scare dead people.

• Vanilla Ice looked like Moz too.
    Who else...
    Granvik -- Saturday August 27 2005, @01:17AM (#176697)
    (User #14586 Info)
  • "Ok, what's he done this time?"
    Another artist with a grudge against him, lol.

Seriously, folks: bars...Mars...
    Does anybody else see the subliminal ad here? Or am I far too suspicious for an earthling?

"Help the NASA launch that rocket: eat chocolate".
    Anonymous -- Saturday August 27 2005, @02:36AM (#176711)
  • "The world may be ending
    But look, I'm only human"...

goinghome -- Sunday August 28 2005, @06:45AM (#176777)
    (User #12673 Info)
    • Re:Our Frank by Anonymous (Score:0) Monday August 29 2005, @07:54AM
      • Re:Our Frank by goinghome (Score:1) Monday August 29 2005, @01:39PM
        • Re:Our Frank by Mrs. Woolf (Score:1) Monday August 29 2005, @02:47PM
          • Re:Our Frank by Anonymous (Score:0) Monday August 29 2005, @04:56PM
          • Re:Our Frank by goinghome (Score:1) Tuesday August 30 2005, @01:43PM
            • Re:Our Frank by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday August 30 2005, @02:22PM
              • Re:Our Frank by goinghome (Score:1) Wednesday August 31 2005, @01:24PM
              • Re:Our Frank by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday August 31 2005, @03:10PM
              • Re:Our Frank (Score:2, Interesting)

"Don't wanna be nobody's hero; be who you are, be who you are..." Stiff Little Fingers

Thank you for your 'kindness' too, for sharing, and in a delightful way, that HAS been well received and welcome by many. Hasn't it? You're a popular one here. If the hyperromantics lose heart and stop breathing in humane compassion, and thought-provoking discourse, others keep the show on the road. Your breadth of world knowledge is a fortune, the value of which you may not realise. So when the spirit moves, in your own time, see if you want to continue helping us see stars in a blue sky, because you can do this. Like Caetano, exiled I presume for bravely publicising the truth about the then Brazilian government.

I would be amazed if you haven't already experienced soaring dramas close to "Damage" (careful!) or "Thomas est amoureux", and hope you find your match in the excitement, depths and tenderness you exude.

People have busy lives, as you might find shortly again yourself, yet there's some wonderful creativity and imagination and passion flowing around here, buoying up the flotsum and jetsum, and in all, a representative cross-section of fans.

Till we meet again, here are some other strange signs to ponder: : )

The following are actual signs mostly seen across the U.S.A

At gas/petrol eateries through the nation: Eat here and get gas.

At a Santa Fe gas station: We will sell gasoline to anyone in a glass container.

In a New Hampshire jewelry store: Ears pierced while you wait.

In a New York restaurant: Customers who consider our waitresses uncivil ought to see the manager.

On the wall of a Baltimore estate: Trespassers will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. -- Sisters of Mercy

On a long-established New Mexico dry cleaners: 38 years on the same spot.

In a Los Angeles dance hall: Good clean dancing every night but Sunday.

On a movie theater: Children's matinee today. Adults not admitted unless with child.

In a Florida maternity ward: No children allowed.

In a New York drugstore: We dispense with accuracy

On a New Hampshire medical building: Martin Diabetes Professional Ass.

In the offices of a loan company: Ask about our plans for owning your home.

In a New York medical building: Mental Health Prevention Center

In a toy department: Five Santa Clauses -- No waiting!

On a New York convalescent home: For the sick and tired of the Episcopal Church.

On a Maine shop: Our motto is to give our customers the lowest possible prices and workmanship.

At a number of military bases: Restricted to unauthorized personnel.

On a display of "I love you only" valentine cards: Now available in multi-packs.

In the window of a Kentucky appliance store: Don't kill your wife. Let our washing machine do the dirty work.

In a funeral parlor: Ask about our layaway plan.

In a clothing store: Wonderful bargains for men with 16 and 17 necks.

In a Tacoma, Washington men's clothing store: 15 men's wool suits, $10. They won't last an hour!

On a shopping mall marquee: Archery Tournament --Ears pierced

Outside a country shop: We buy junk and sell antiques.

On a Pennsylvania highway: Drive carefully. Auto accidents kill most people 15 to 19.

In downtown Boston: Calahan Tunnel -- No end

In the window of an Oregon store: Why go elsewhere and be cheated when you can come here?

In a Maine restaurant: Open 7 days a week and weekends.

In a New Jersey restaurant: Open 11 AM to 11 PM midnight.

In front of a New Hampshire restaurant: Now serving live lobsters.

On a radiator repair garage: Best place to take a leak.

On a movie marquee: Now playing: ADAM AND EVE with a cast of thousands!

In the vestry of a New England church: Will the last person to leave please see that the perpetual light is extinguished.

In a Pennsylvania cemetery: Persons are prohibited from picking flowers from any but their own
                goinghome -- Thursday September 01 2005, @01:12PM (#177211)
                (User #12673 Info)
              • Re:Our Frank by Mrs. Woolf (Score:1) Friday September 02 2005, @04:20PM
              • Re:Our Frank by J. Razor (Score:1) Friday September 02 2005, @07:00PM
              • Revision:Our Frank by J. Razor (Score:1) Friday September 02 2005, @07:03PM
              • Re:Revision:Our Frank by Mrs. Woolf (Score:1) Saturday September 03 2005, @08:05AM
              • Re:Revision:Our Frank by goinghome (Score:1) Sunday September 04 2005, @10:45AM
              • Re:Revision:Our Frank by J. Razor (Score:0) Sunday September 04 2005, @01:58PM
              • Re:Revision:Our Frank by J. Razor (Score:0) Sunday September 04 2005, @02:16PM
              • Hello, I am the ghost of troubled Joe... by Mrs. Woolf (Score:0) Sunday September 04 2005, @09:45PM
              • Re:Revision:Our Frank by goinghome (Score:1) Monday September 05 2005, @10:37AM
              • Re:Hello, I am the ghost of troubled Joe... by goinghome (Score:1) Monday September 05 2005, @10:49AM
              • Your arsenal... by Mrs. Woolf (Score:1) Monday September 05 2005, @02:07PM
              • Re:Your arsenal... by goinghome (Score:1) Tuesday September 06 2005, @11:55AM
  • "I'm going round and round
    No where to go
    I'm lonley, London, London
    It's lovely though
    (...)
    Everybody keeps the way clear
    I came to say this
    And I say

2x
    Oh, my eyes
    Have been looking for flying saucers
    In the sky...

Monday, Tuesday
    Pass my way
    I just happen to be here
    And it's OK..."

I heard an amazing interpreter for this song - Caetano Veloso (from Bahia, Brazil). He sang it during his political exile,in London, during the Brazilian dictatorship of the 70s. Not written very accurately, I have to add, but I thought it could have the same feeling as the photo here.

Caetano is very ethereal and soft-spoken, too. He should have posed with Moz - it would have given the image a cross-cultural mojo!

Mrs. Woolf -- Monday August 29 2005, @08:08AM (#176838)
    (User #14157 Info)

[ home | terms of service ]