posted by davidt on Wednesday August 24 2005, @11:00AM
Intense G-Unit fan writes:
From true-to-you.net:

24th August 2005

Morrissey will begin recording a new album next week in Rome with producer Jeff Saltzman.

The musicians recording with Morrissey are: Jesse Tobias, Alain Whyte, Boz Boorer, Gary Day, Mikey Farrell and Matt Chamberlain. Matt replaces Deano Butterworth who has decided to stay with Good Charlotte. Morrissey and the band are sad to see Deano go, and wish him well.

Morrissey is considering offers to play in Turkey, Greece and Italy for November, as well as New Zealand and Australia in December. There is also a concert planned in Mexico City for New Year’s Eve.

Morrissey’s new album will be released on Attack.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
(1) | 2 (Morrissey-solo Overload: CommentLimit 50)
  • Fantastic news. Good luck to all the lads, and let's hope for some real crackers on the new album.

Sk./Peter
    uncleskinny -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @11:18AM (#176240)
    (User #7815 Info)
    And so I drank one, it became four, and when I fell on the floor, I drank more
    • Re:Get In!! by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday August 25 2005, @09:15AM
  • Plus Boz? 3 guitarists? Well, Boz can play many instruments. Very interesting indeed.

How very exciting!

First comment! Yeah!
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @11:19AM (#176241)
  • Producer Info (Score:2, Informative)

Jeff Saltzman started out as an artist manager and attorney. He sought out talented new bands, helped them get record deals, and guided their careers. He represented Green Day, Rancid, Offspring, Jawbreaker, Filter, The Deftones, Primus, Mudhoney, The Melvins and numerous others.

After a short hiatus from the music business, Jeff decided two years ago to focus on the aspect of the business that had attracted him to it in the first place: the music. He set up his own room at "Studio 880" in San Francisco.

Once again, Jeff began seeking out talented new bands. He recorded demos with the bands he found, and this led to record deals for them - The Drama signed to Geffen, The Lovemakers signed to Interscope, and The Killers signed to Island.

Jeff went on to record and co-produce (with the band) The Killers' debut album, "Hot Fuss." The album has already gone gold in the US, and is approaching platinum in the UK.

P=produced
    CP=coproduced
    E=engineered
    M=mixed

Selected PRODUCTION credits:

- Smash Mouth - forthcoming album (P)
    - Christian Burns - forthcoming album (P)
    - The Sounds - forthcoming album (WMI Sweden) (P)
    - Greater Good - forthcoming album in production (Lizard King) (P-E-M)
    - The Killers - Hot Fuss (Island/Lizard King) (P-E)
                platinum in US & Canada, double platinum in UK
              #1 album in the UK
    - The Black Keys - "Set You Free" from Thickfreakness (Epitaph) (E)
    - The Drama - Nothing Can Tear Us Apart EP (Fierce Panda) (P-E)
    - Time In Malta - Alone With The Alone (Equal Vision) (P-E)
    - Will Oldham - "We All, Us Three, Will Ride" (Isota) (E)
    - Dept. Of Eagles - Whitey On The Moon (Isota) (P-E-M)
    - Boyskout - School Of Etiquette (Alive) (P-E-M)
    - Two Gallants - The Throes (Alive) (P-E-M)
    - Low Flying Owls - Elixir Vitae (Stinky) (P-E-M)
    - Big Midnight - Everything For The First Time (Alive) (P-E-M)

P=produced / CP=coproduced / E=engineered /

sounds great I LOVE THE KILLERS RECORD

giant -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @11:21AM (#176242)
    (User #430 Info)
    I Like You
  • Great news!!! Come on Morrissey!!!
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @11:24AM (#176243)
  • So glad to see Boz, Alain,Jesse, Mikey and Gary back Deano will be missed but with these great musicians and a great producer I am sure this will be the best album of 2006...
    IP -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @11:29AM (#176244)
    (User #14525 Info)
  • This is fantastic news from - what I think - a reliable source.

Just wonder if it's the same Matt Chamberlain on drums who used to play in Tori Amos' live band...how interesting :-).

Anonymous -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @11:30AM (#176245)
    • Re:Matt Chamberlain by IP (Score:1) Wednesday August 24 2005, @12:10PM
      • Tori among others like by PerfectlyWretched (Score:1) Wednesday August 24 2005, @06:40PM
        • mc by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday August 25 2005, @12:46PM
  • No more Deano. (Score:2, Insightful)

So, Deano wants to stay with Good Charlotte, bit a shame, he's really grown on me as a drummer over the last few years , here's wishing him all the best.
    vulgar <[email protected]> -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @11:30AM (#176246)
    (User #12532 Info)
    ill housed and ill advised.
  • So... what happened to that crap those sluts over at MorrisseyTour started?

Don't you just wanna pull their hair out?

I'd love to know how many of those ugly T-shirts they haven't sold.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @11:38AM (#176248)
  • But i guess if morrissey's going to be on the album, i'll buy it anyway....
    suzanne -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @11:44AM (#176249)
    (User #36 Info)
    I scare dead people.
  • good news (Score:2, Insightful)

This news brightned my day.I`m so glad Morrissey is recording a new album.I know it will be great.I`m sure Matt will be great but Deano will be missed.
    tibby -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @11:50AM (#176250)
    (User #2713 Info)
    ~I am a poor freezingly cold soul so far from where I intended to go ~I love Morrissey
  • Matt Chamberlain (Score:2, Informative)

He has worked with Tori Amos, Stone Gossard (some tracks in "Bayleaf" album), was Pearl Jam's first drummer replacement, etc. Great session drummer.

From http://www.theskyiscrape.com/ [theskyiscrape.com] (Pearl Jam FAQ):

"1.4 Who is Matt Chamberlain?
    Matt Chamberlain was Dave Krusen's replacement as the drummer for Pearl Jam. Matt was formerly in the Saturday Night Live band and can be seen in the earliest of Pearl Jam MTV videos such as Alive. Chamberlain's previous efforts include Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians. He has fronted a band called Critters Buggin, which includes saxophonist Skerik formerly of Sadhappy and bassist Brad Houser. They play largely instrumental jazzy alternative music that is difficult to describe but excellent to listen to. They have an album named "Guest" which was co-produced by Stone Gossard, and released under Stone's Loosegroove label. Currently Matt has made quite a name for himself as drummer for Tori Amos as well as a session drummer for the likes of Melissa Etheridge, Sheryl Crow, the Wallflowers, and Fiona Apple."
    vivahate -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @11:54AM (#176251)
    (User #617 Info)
  • Imagine if Spencer was back on board? He can drum circles around Deano.
    BBC Scum -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @11:55AM (#176252)
    (User #8427 Info)
  • That was like someone you really love proposing to you & then telling you that they're dying within three weeks & need you to marry them only so they can get a green card to stay in the country, but that they're leaving their money to you to wallow in your loveless grief.

Those are the emotions i went through anyway, don't know about anyone else.
    Alain's back & there's a new album, but he owes Britain a gig this year, damn him! And Deano's gone over to the dark side.

I don't know whether to reach for the PG Tips of the vodka.
    Keely -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @11:55AM (#176253)
    (User #13344 Info)
    • Re:Ohhh by Colette (Score:1) Wednesday August 24 2005, @12:44PM
    • Re:Ohhh by naomi (Score:1) Wednesday August 24 2005, @02:41PM
      • Re:Ohhh by Keely (Score:1) Wednesday August 24 2005, @10:16PM
  • He's never been there before, has he? I remember in an interview a long time ago he said he was trying to figure out a way to get there. At that time he was very afraid of flying. Still is, isn't he?
    hand in glove -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @11:55AM (#176254)
    (User #827 Info)
    "Sometimes things fall apart so that better things can fall together" - Marilyn Monroe
  • As I've said, everything she says rings "true".
    nonesoever -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @11:58AM (#176255)
    (User #8448 Info)
    "... turn popular song into sickness"
  • But is this a reliable source?

Oh man this is getting to be so cruel though, I've been hanging out for Morrissey to come back to Australia for so long .. but, I'm going overseas at some point in December, I am going to go ballistic if I'll be away for the concert, I'd have to consider cancelling my trip ... does that make me a bad person for cancelling christmas with family I haven't seen in forever to see Morrissey? :P
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @12:03PM (#176257)
  • are you all ready for a sow in mexico city. i cant wait
    tata -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @12:26PM (#176270)
    (User #11047 Info)
  • Morrissey in Greece! Will definitely make a welcome Smiths/Morrissey party to celebrate his arrival to our country and his new album. Couldn’t be more satisfied for this year. I’m so happy that I’ll free my two birds from their cage. Yeahh.
    Argyris_Kravaritis -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @12:27PM (#176272)
    (User #3786 Info | http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX2tRTuJags&feature=channel_page)
    The only thing that I know is that I don't know anything...Socrates
  • this can't be true and must be a mistake!
    turkey is for 99% a muslim country.
    and what about the ritual slaughter?
    If he sings meat is murder in this country they put him in jail.
    It's a crime just like being homosexual!

Anonymous -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @12:46PM (#176276)
  • in the November tour?
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @12:49PM (#176278)
    • none! by suzanne (Score:1) Wednesday August 24 2005, @01:20PM
      • Re:none! by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday August 25 2005, @02:06PM
  • Oh, no, no, no!!

Well, I'm sad to know Deano is gone. Damn Good Charlotte's money and the vile showbiz!!!

Spencer replacing him would be fantastic, is it out of the question?

Is Julia a sort of spokesperson for Morrissey?
    She always knows stuff before the 'ordinary fan'.

This bit got me desperate - "Morrissey is considering offers to play in Turkey, Greece and Italy for November, as well as New Zealand and Australia in December. There is also a concert planned in Mexico City for New Year’s Eve."

What about Brazil, Morrissey? Please remember the fabulous gigs you have done here and come back!

Laura
    lg -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @12:55PM (#176283)
    (User #12253 Info)
    Friendship is the Love that never dies.
  • Me-Xi-Co (Score:1, Funny)

Mexico...Mexico...Mexico....
    Morrissey...Morrissey...Morrissey...
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @01:17PM (#176286)
    • Re:Me-Xi-Co by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday August 25 2005, @06:58AM
      • Re:Me-Xi-Co by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday August 25 2005, @09:16AM
        • Re:Me-Xi-Co by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday August 25 2005, @03:16PM
  • Am ridiculously happy to see this confirmation from Julia’s gospel after all the rumours. And who cares about Deano: Morrissey’s coming back, what else matters?!

Being completely ignorant about the music business, can someone tell me how long we can expect to have to wait from the start of recording to an album actually being released? I’m feverish with anticipation already!
    Zelda <[email protected]> -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @01:22PM (#176289)
    (User #14214 Info)
    • Re:How long? by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday August 24 2005, @01:43PM
    • Re:How long? by PhoenixDays (Score:1) Wednesday August 24 2005, @05:03PM
  • Important Isle of Wight announcement.

So to believe the news, which Morrissey says has to come from his lips, we use truetoyou.net as the official offical website? Are Sanctuary sacked, is Attack now Morrissey's record label?

And how about some compensation for IOW then? When's the album signing tour coming for us?

Girl_Unafraid -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @01:25PM (#176290)
    (User #7534 Info)
  • I know many of you have commented on Deano moving on, but I would like to say I am absolutely gutted by this. While it's Morrissey's voice and lyrics first and foremost when it comes to me listening to his work, the musicians he surrounds himself with are equally important at times.

Deano has come along way since the 2002 tour and was definitely one of the lads in many Moz fan's minds. After the departure of the erratic (and that's me being nice) Spike he had to steady the rhythmic ship - and he did so very, very well.

I'm by no means an expert on drums, but watching and listening to Deano drum "Hairdresser On Fire" on the Manchester DVD made me realise what a great character Moz had managed to get with the sticks.

Some will take the piss for deciding to stay with Good Charlotte, but one must remember that he is a tad younger than Al and Boz as well as our Steven and I'm sure the balls-out speed and tempo that GC play at will suit him more than the steady and predictable tempo that he played on many songs on Quarry. Not a dig at the album by any means, but remember how Deano had his hair styled and how he dressed behind the drums makes you realise he's a true rocker - not a dad rocker like Moz has become.

So alas it's goodbye to Deano Drummerworth. I'll have very fond memories of him nearly stealing the show at the MEN homecoming gig with the generous giving away of drum skins. But this new drummer does looks experienced and decent and I welcome him with open arms.

Once again, so long Deano and good luck.
    Ben Budd -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @01:27PM (#176291)
    (User #9454 Info)
    • Re:Deano by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday August 24 2005, @02:24PM
      • Re:Deano by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday August 24 2005, @03:12PM
        • Re:Deano by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday August 24 2005, @05:14PM
          • Re:Deano by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday August 24 2005, @05:20PM
            • Re:Deano by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday August 24 2005, @05:25PM
    • Re:Deano by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday August 24 2005, @03:08PM
    • Re:Deano by LoafingOaf (Score:1) Wednesday August 24 2005, @05:45PM
      • Re:Deano by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday August 24 2005, @10:36PM
        • Re:Deano by lg (Score:1) Thursday August 25 2005, @07:30AM
          • Re:Deano by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday August 25 2005, @09:38AM
        • Re:Deano by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday August 25 2005, @05:00PM
        • Re:Deano by Foster (Score:1) Thursday August 25 2005, @05:03PM
      • Re:Deano by glamorous shoplifter (Score:1) Thursday August 25 2005, @05:44AM
    • Re:Deano by vicarinatutugal (Score:1) Thursday August 25 2005, @12:11AM
  • She pays the bills!
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @01:30PM (#176293)
  • I think its great news that Moz is going to record again. I just was hoping he would drop the band and get a big time producer.

I think the band needs to go, they were great, but it's time to move on.

I also think Morrissey needs some big time producer who could bring in some fresh ideas to the album.

Just thinking out loud. I love Morrissey, so don’t execute me!
    RABMOZZER -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @02:05PM (#176301)
    (User #10818 Info)
    • Re:Good and Bad news by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday August 24 2005, @02:13PM
    • Reply by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday August 25 2005, @03:13PM
      • Re:Reply by RABMOZZER (Score:1) Thursday August 25 2005, @04:11PM
  • I looked on Libertalia and Red Lightning site
    and it says that they are touring in December in
    the Southwest ?
    I don't think we will see Alain on stage with Moz
    in December. How many people can fit up there to begin with ? Is it Morrissey and his Big Guitar Band ? Mozzard Skynrd ?
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @02:45PM (#176307)
  • lookin at his credits id say the big standout is that he played on the last two David Bowie albums. other notables not yet mentioned:

Dave [the reality whore] Navarro
    Natalie [Have-A-Go-] Merchant
    Elton John
    Stevie Nicks
    The Finn Brothers
    William Shatner

most of the rest is pure shite and simply session work to pay the bills im sure.
    chrisarclark <[email protected]> -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @03:11PM (#176312)
    (User #9259 Info)
    "I'm just passing through here on my way to somewhere civilized and maybe I'll even arrive, maybe I'll even arrive..."
  • Boy I hope these rumours are true! The socceroos win in November to get into the World Cup for the first time since 1974 and Morrissey in December! Nice way to end the year.
    flaaktaa -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @04:44PM (#176325)
    (User #14276 Info)
  • a very unbritish, Wicked! Even though I knew NME hadn't made it up; now it's doubly confirmed. Also the weeks of speculation over the 'new signing' have ended. It was strange how Moz denied Deano had gone at first, but I guess that was just his anger at Sanctuary attributing such significance to Deano's departure.
    Anyways, who cares now about reasons and rumours; we're going to have a new album to listen to very soon ... and hopefully a tour of the UK next year.
    And I know he doesn't read this site, but Morrissey, you've just made me a very happy girl. Good luck to you and the band.
    Mozzersgirl -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @05:06PM (#176334)
    (User #14229 Info)
    "There's more evil in the charts than in an al-Qaeda suggestion box" - Bill Bailey
  • teeth and souls.

It mus be heavenly.

We can see where loyalty lies.

Isle of Wight? Where's that then?

Do they look latino enough?
    Is it tax exempt?
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @05:59PM (#176343)

• I never took a liking to Deano, considering how average his drumming skills are, how dull he is in concert, and the fact he brings nothing creative to the table. He was just a hired-hand collecting a paycheck.

His joining Good Cahrlotte proves he's also an incredible loser with no self-respect or taste.

Have fun hanging out with Hillary Duff, Deano. Have fun working with Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera. How vile can you get. Can this drummer be airbrushed out of all past photos of Morrissey's band? Can we pretend he never existed?

Besides being one of the most disgustingly lame and commercially-oriented, whore-ish bands around, one of Good Charlotte's members actually dates Hillary Duff.

And check out what the band says at MTV.com:

"Right now, I'm really into '80s music like...Tiffany, and I think that's kind of the vibe that came across a little bit with [Hilary Duff's] new stuff," Benji Madden told MTV News at a Blender magazine-sponsored party for X Games 11 at the Key Club, where he played DJ for a portion of the evening.

Did you hear that, Deano? TIFFANY?

It gets worse:

"The two would like to broaden their musical horizons and have even drafted an eclectic wish list of artists they would like to work with, including Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson."

Well, there you have it. Deano's embarassing future, working with Aguilera, Duff, Timberlake, and all the MTV bitches.

Moz, bring Spencer back. Please!

LoafingOaf <reversethis-{moc ... otstnilfcitnarf}> -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @05:59PM (#176345)
    (User #778 Info)
    Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling.
  • Yes, a new Morrissey CD on the way! A Spring release? A Summer tour? Another changce for him to make up the Texas shows? He must have some good material for him to go back and record so quickly. I can't wait!
    thetexasbloke
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @06:39PM (#176353)
  • This is fantastic news. For young whippersnappers like me who didnt get a chance to go and see him in his Smiths days and indeed through his solo career up until YATQ, this is promising. Great stuff.

I will confess to being pretty clueless in the department of music itself, although Im quite picky with what bands or artists I'll listen to, I know what I like put it that way, but I cant really comment on Deano musically, because I havent the faintest clue about drumming, I cant spot whats a bad/boring drum beat, whats a bad riff on a guitar etc. I suppose when it comes to Morrissey particularly im pretty blind and end up loving it anyway after a few listens at most.
    BigmouthSA -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @06:44PM (#176357)
    (User #14642 Info)
  • SO much for artistry. As much as I want new stuff from Moz & band, this is a real blow. Saltzman's got no creative ear and absolutely stale ideas as far as I'm concerned. Just listen to the Hot Fuss (Killers) if you must. Perhaps he's engineering more and Moz and Boz will be doing the majority of producing.

This must be a contiuation of the assualt launched with Quarry to recapture the crown and gain a younger/downloading audience and not so much about artistry or exploring new ground.

Thank Divine Intelligence for the return of Alain!
    PerfectlyWretched -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @06:48PM (#176358)
    (User #9140 Info)
  • With the exception of a few, like the Viva Hate drummer, Morrissey's drummers were average.

The only thing I'll miss about Deano is his gratutious use live of the Gong.

In a perfect world, Morrissey would let Stephen Street produce and write music for him again, but that bridge has been burned.

I am not living in the past, I just believe the present is stale and new musicians and a new direction are needed.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @07:12PM (#176364)
    • Re:Bang a Gong!!! by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday August 25 2005, @02:44AM
      • Re:Bang a Gong!!! by glamorous shoplifter (Score:1) Thursday August 25 2005, @05:51AM
        • Eminem??!!??? (Score:2, Informative)

Yes, if you want homophobic, macho lyrics devoid of substance.
          Don't ever write this guy's name in the same paragraph as Morrissey's again, I beg you.
          lg -- Thursday August 25 2005, @07:48AM (#176438)
          (User #12253 Info)
          Friendship is the Love that never dies.
  • Thank God himself that Alain is coming back. Such pure creative - and, probably now, renewed - artistic energy is what we'll see from him.

We LOVE YOU Alain! Thank god you're back!!! :)
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @07:28PM (#176367)
  • Sanctuary wasnt wrong when they said Deano had left (perhaps at the time they were jumpin the gun, but their prediction at least turned out to be true). Moz denied it at the time of the whole IOW fiasco, but he was wrong- or lying. perhaps this lends a little bit more credibility back to Sactuary (and perhaps takes some away from Moz- still doesnt change the fact that ilov him).
    chrisarclark <[email protected]> -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @08:22PM (#176368)
    (User #9259 Info)
    "I'm just passing through here on my way to somewhere civilized and maybe I'll even arrive, maybe I'll even arrive..."
  • Funny how... (Score:2, Insightful)

just how a few days ago I mentioned that if it wasn't on true-to-you.net, it wasn't true:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/comments.pl?sid=2035 5&cid=176029

I'm really glad Alain is back in the fold. Now that Morrissey has 3 guitarists (welcome back Alain), I hope there's some good-natured one-upmanship to really drive the next album to higher heights. I loved the YATQ sessions (A and B sides), but we could use more songs as good as FOTGTD. "Good" meaning songs that Morrissey diehards and non-devotees fans get into.

The new drummer has an impressive resume (though definitely a session muso). I wonder how his look will change to fit the World of Morrissey. He better get his suit measurements ready.

Morrissey - don't forget Asia, and specifically Japan! You owe us one!

king leer -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @09:57PM (#176376)
    (User #80 Info)
  • hope it'll work out with the 3 of them, we'll see.
    Celibate Cry <[email protected]> -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @11:05PM (#176381)
    (User #220 Info)
    and the hills are alive with celibate cries
  • Like I said a few days ago, all the Negative Nancys that didn't want Alain back just got F'd in the A! LONG LIVE ALAIN'S GUITAR REIGN!!! (And Boz, Gary, Jessie and Mikey, too!)
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @11:13PM (#176383)
    • Re:Ha! by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday August 25 2005, @07:15AM
  • A few, many times I left Morrissey CDs of "this one band I love" because I wanted him to know about Pearl Jam. Especially the album Yield it is the one album I strongly Recommend to everyone . I ended up leaving VS, Riot Act, Live Bootleg from 2003, and YIELD Sleve because I couldnt find the CD. But I wrote what I felt about that album, and I burned some other fav PJ songs of mine. Like "I Got Shit", "Given to Fly" the beautiful song "Long Road"

Now that I have said this, not too long ago I was thinking about the Morrissey/Pearl Jam Drummer History, for some reason or other and thinking about the CDS I left. I thought it would be pretty funny if Mozza, would end up with one of PJ drummers. I thought about Dave Abbrusseze though.
    tenderliz -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @11:22PM (#176386)
    (User #11301 Info)
  • Why does he always choose such mediocre producers?
    Anonymous -- Thursday August 25 2005, @12:41AM (#176394)
    • Re:Producers by chrisarclark (Score:1) Thursday August 25 2005, @07:39AM
      • Re:Producers by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday August 25 2005, @10:07AM
  • He'd better not do Belgium in October. I will be in LA at that time. It would just be my lucky day...
    KrisV -- Thursday August 25 2005, @01:05AM (#176397)
    (User #998 Info)
  • After all theese years when he seemed so very far away, now Morrissey is here: what a MERAVIGLIOSA surprise for us.

Italy welcomes Morrissey!

Marco from Milano
    maccoz -- Thursday August 25 2005, @01:45AM (#176401)
    (User #9279 Info)
    • Re:Italia by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday August 25 2005, @02:01AM
    • Re:Italia by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday August 25 2005, @07:08AM
  • Life Saver.
    houston -- Thursday August 25 2005, @04:21AM (#176410)
    (User #14647 Info)
  • ...and his mates.

Fans of muddy, crappy, tuneless blusterock received a boost today when International Artist Morrissey announced that he'd been completely overtaken by amnesia and has forgotten that his last three records have musically bored the arse of his fanbase.

Morrissey said, 'In 2005, the only thing to be is stale'

Exclusive look at one of the new songs:

Intro - grrr,mmrrrghghhh x16 bars in 2/4 time
    Verses - as above
    Chorus - As above in 1 octave higher
    Ad infinitum.

Moz, record a poetry recital of your lyrics, the musical content will be identical to a new record with your current band.
    Anonymous -- Thursday August 25 2005, @04:39AM (#176412)
  • between when Moz first went to record Quarry (at Reading) and the first single came out? My guess is somewhere around 6 months...
    Maurice
    Anonymous -- Thursday August 25 2005, @07:22AM (#176435)
  • I was told by a close friend that "Bun E. Carlos from Cheap Trick was replacing Deano on drums." Now I find out its going to be Matt? I so wanted to hear Morrissey cover "I Want You to Want Me" during the nezt Tour Over America! RUMOURS.. Oh well, I guess I will never learn.
    Paneeks -- Thursday August 25 2005, @08:17AM (#176443)
    (User #13051 Info)
    "A beach is a place where a man can feel, its the only soul in the world thats real".
(1) | 2 (Morrissey-solo Overload: CommentLimit 50)

[ home | terms of service ]