posted by davidt on Tuesday August 16 2005, @10:00AM
goinghome writes:
‘Hard Working Class Heroes’ Weekend hosts 100+ Irish bands in 6 venues over 3 nights: 26-28 August, in Dublin. Amongst them are listed Sack, Remma and Pony Club, who received Morrissey’s endorsement when he included their songs on his best-of selection CD for the NME: “Songs to Save Your Life”.

Sack accompanied Morrissey as special guests for 2 world tours, though we are not impressed with the long postponement of the promised restoration of their website! The MorrisseyTour website has some nice articles, photos on them if anyone wants to reminisce further.

Remma were also guest performers for a number of Morrissey’s concerts last year. Recently they returned from the New York International Music Festival where they won the title of Best International Band 2004. Work is currently underway for their debut release.

Pony Club could be heard as part of the song medley broadcast shortly before Morrissey’s appearances on stage last year. They are in the process of mixing the follow-up to 2004’s ‘Family Business’, and lyrics are brooding with “disconcerting touches of Nature Romantic poetry”.

More details at: www.hwch.net.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Yes, we are not impressed! Stop drinking Guinness, get your site started and come to Germany for some gigs ;-)
    Schmitzke -- Tuesday August 16 2005, @10:09AM (#175397)
    (User #1209 Info)
    Hello to Sabine Szlachciak, Stefanie Stamm and the "Unfab Three"
  • Sorry, Moz (Score:2, Interesting)

But Remma were dreadful. Nothing to make them stand out from every other Irish band, and all their songs sound the same.
    dazzak -- Tuesday August 16 2005, @11:35AM (#175405)
    (User #12218 Info)
  • Pony Club are fantastic, both records are near perfect.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday August 16 2005, @01:12PM (#175419)
  • I thought that sack have broken up
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 17 2005, @12:47AM (#175496)
  • why do Sack not play any more. its more than 4 years since the last album. come on you guys.come back and Play More Music. we need you martin.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 17 2005, @12:54AM (#175498)
  • Pony Club are fantastic, i don´t like their first album but "family business" is great and their singer/songwriter is a very talented guy, he used to have a band called BAWL, then FIXED STARS and they were incredible. Highly recommended.
    gonzax -- Wednesday August 17 2005, @03:51AM (#175504)
    (User #10749 Info)
  • boring snoring band... looking forward to sack and pony club...
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 17 2005, @04:29AM (#175506)
  • are amazing, but how long does it take to record the debut.......................................
    inlovewiththepast -- Wednesday August 17 2005, @06:09AM (#175514)
    (User #1028 Info)
    truth rest your head there is more than a life at stake here..she may well sell sanctuary but she'll also sell your soul
  • but i do find them a bit of an endurance test.
    I presume you'll be there flying the flag at Sack goinghome?
    I'll fight you for Martin's set list! ;)
    KenBarlow -- Thursday August 18 2005, @11:54AM (#175707)
    (User #13803 Info)
    There is no such thing in life as Norman
  • I liked the Remma single from Attack Records (although I like the demo version of "Worry Young" more than the single version). "Sincerity" is an excellent song. Looking forward to their album. They have a good singer.

LoafingOaf <reversethis-{moc ... otstnilfcitnarf}> -- Thursday August 18 2005, @02:37PM (#175723)
    (User #778 Info)
    Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling.
  • AAAAHHHH,It must be THE PRESSURES OF MODERN LIVING that keeps them away from what thay do best. At last they are back. Nothing like a bit of gay indie rock to give a lad a horn. Martin you are the Bear of my dreams. Carlos
    Anonymous -- Friday August 19 2005, @02:28AM (#175743)
  • There are loads of other great bands to check apart from Sack, who are now well past it and Pony Club, who are not that great live.Remma are worth a look though.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 24 2005, @05:05AM (#176191)
  • McCann was super-duper and new song Super-Weirdo got an outing from the new Album. Good set if a little short, which is the nature of festivals I suppose... Nice though..
    Anonymous -- Monday August 29 2005, @03:12AM (#176812)

[ home | terms of service ]