posted by davidt on Wednesday August 10 2005, @10:00AM
carnal artist writes:
just spotted this on Popbitch, don't know if it's true but it's an interesting rumour:

Mozbitch

Morrissey will be collaborating with Nutty Boys Madness on his next album going back to the quintessentially English sound of Piccadily Palare and Ouija Board, Ouija Board. Madness and ex-Moz Producers Langer and Winstanley have been hauled in and sessions will start in October in the UK. The reason Madness have released the Dangermen Sessions cover versions rather than their own material is that they know that collaborating with Moz will give them a monster pay out in royalties in the American market considering certain members of the band have made dodgy financial investments over the last few years. Suggs of course has been the "voice" of MFI and Norwich Union over the last few years...

charlieherocamden,
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • I never really noticed that Piccadilly Palare and Ouija Board sounded more English than the rest...
    palare -- Wednesday August 10 2005, @10:12AM (#174603)
    (User #152 Info | http://worldofabrahan.com/)
    where the world's ugliest boy became what you see...
  • Just wanted to say that.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 10 2005, @10:16AM (#174605)
  • popitch is never right. i hate that site with a passion.

if this rumor shows up on other sites then ill believe it..
    ella-reflex -- Wednesday August 10 2005, @10:18AM (#174606)
    (User #13859 Info | http://myspace.com/ella_reflex)
    Only when I'm dancing can I feel this free...
  • Madness just seems a little to goofy for Moz to associate with them.

I would like Moz to return to the Picadilly (Bona Drag) type of sound.
    RABMOZZER -- Wednesday August 10 2005, @11:21AM (#174621)
    (User #10818 Info)
    • Re:Goofy by goinghome (Score:1) Wednesday August 10 2005, @01:18PM
    • Duh by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday August 10 2005, @02:41PM
      • Re:Duh by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday August 10 2005, @03:35PM
        • Re:Duh by naomi (Score:1) Thursday August 11 2005, @09:56AM
          • Re:Duh by Anonymous (Score:0) Friday August 12 2005, @11:16PM
    • Re:Goofy by Anonymous (Score:0) Saturday August 13 2005, @11:43AM
  • iwould find this to be great news. more and more of late 'Kill Uncle' has grown on me as being one of Morrissey's greatest works and of course all the singles released from 89-90 were also all gems and uniquely so.

the one major issue ihad with '...Quarry' was the production and instrumentation (not playing, but choice and sound of instruments played) at times was distracting or flat out inappropriate. ilonged for either a more Lillywhite or more Ronson atmosphere for the record- one or the other ithink wouldve suited much better. ithink Finn tried sound like all of Morrissey's past producers at once while also bringing his own thing to the table and it became too much for him. he ended up really making a mess of it in places.

if Langer and Winstanley are actually back in the mix that will likely bring a steadier and a lighter hand to the production as well as a better focus. as far as bringing in the Madness boys, they could provide a spark. im not crazy about Madness themselves, but ido lov what Morrissey takes from them and how he uses their influence to compliment his own sound. and even if you dont likem, one thing you hav to grant those boys is uniqueness and for all those who complain about Morrissey supposedly being stuck ina rut the Madness boys could certainly shake things up.
    chrisarclark <[email protected]> -- Wednesday August 10 2005, @11:36AM (#174629)
    (User #9259 Info)
    "I'm just passing through here on my way to somewhere civilized and maybe I'll even arrive, maybe I'll even arrive..."
    • Re:if true... by Anonymous (Score:0) Friday August 12 2005, @11:22PM
  • So one story puts him in Rome, the other in the UK. I'm inclined to believe that Rome is the venue for recording a new album and Madness have bugger all to do with Moz.
    However, Popbitch could be the boy who cried wolf; one day they'll be first with the scoop of the century ... and be ignored.
    But, regardless of truth, Madness are ok. Not a band I'd buy, but ok for a night out. I wouldn't have thought Moz would be into their style of music though; isn't ska a bit close to reggae for his liking?
    Mozzersgirl -- Wednesday August 10 2005, @12:55PM (#174656)
    (User #14229 Info)
    "There's more evil in the charts than in an al-Qaeda suggestion box" - Bill Bailey
  • On last weeks Mark Lemarr show on radio 2, he was playing new dangermen (madness) tracks and interviewing Suggs and another member of the band. They were saying that due to the demand for the new dangermen sessions that there was talk of reforming as madness (but nothing definate yet).
    No mention was made of this popbitch story.
    L'Estrange -- Wednesday August 10 2005, @01:00PM (#174660)
    (User #1939 Info | http://www.morrissey-solo.com/)
    L'Estrange
  • popbitch (Score:2, Funny)

at least popbitch nailed the boz boorer story. right kids?
    oh wait, he did not leave the band and move away for good. nevermind.
    Johnny Marr -- Wednesday August 10 2005, @01:21PM (#174668)
    (User #1113 Info)
    Going Underground
  • Remember the poster saying duo from 80s British band notorious for their fanbase were set to work with Moz.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 10 2005, @02:01PM (#174678)
  • I cannot think of a worse possible scenario. I'd rather see Morrissey collaborate with Kajagoogoo or Spandau Ballet. I mean really...
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 10 2005, @02:25PM (#174683)
  • I always liked that Langer/Winstanely stuff.
    hergle -- Wednesday August 10 2005, @03:16PM (#174696)
    (User #12197 Info)
  • Please please please dont let this be true.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 10 2005, @03:22PM (#174698)
  • That's who Moz will work with !
    Oi !!!
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 10 2005, @04:52PM (#174718)
  • In a recent Mojo, there's a feature on Madness. It says Chas Smash hung out with Moz, and he says Moz wanted Chas to manage him.

"He wanted me to manage him, but I didn't fancy ironing his socks".

I'm guessing that's metaphorical, but with Moz, he is quite possibly being literal.
    Rowdy Yeats -- Wednesday August 10 2005, @05:08PM (#174719)
    (User #3877 Info)
  • I hope this is true. Moz is at the height of his powers as a vocalist. The guitar indie thing has been done to death. A bit of Kill Uncle mystery will be nice, only with hopefully better results. I really do hope this is true!
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 10 2005, @06:50PM (#174740)
  • Well, we've certainly run the gamut of possible co-conspirators of the next Moz album, haven't we? We forgot Rick Rubin!! (How could we?!)
    I laugh about it now, but I'd be devastated if it happened. Still, it couldn't be worse than the flatness of Finn.
    Yes, Langer/Winstanley is an improvement (I thought the Kill Uncle era material was great).
    I think we missed our opportunity to get Phil Spector, though...
    good health,
    Dr. Duke
    Raoul Duke -- Wednesday August 10 2005, @07:11PM (#174749)
    (User #11323 Info)
  • "Ouija Board" was written by Stephen Street.

A fine single too, contrary to the reception at the time.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 10 2005, @08:12PM (#174754)
    • Re:Erm... by chrisarclark (Score:1) Wednesday August 10 2005, @09:32PM
      • Re:Erm... by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday August 11 2005, @03:23PM
    • Re:Erm... by Anonymous (Score:0) Friday August 12 2005, @11:31PM
  • recently voted the fan's all-time number 1 Moz single of all time.
    Maurice
    Anonymous -- Thursday August 11 2005, @01:30AM (#174770)
  • Most of the rumours are crap and here are the next ones:

Moz to collaborate with Ben Elton 1000-1
    Moz to collaborate with Slayer 1000-1
    Moz to collaborate with GW Bush Jnr 100,000-1
    Moz to collaborate with Tori Amos 1000-1
    Moz to collaborate with The Sex Pistols 500-1
    Moz to collaborate with P.Diddy Pip 1000-1
    Moz to collaborate with the Beatles 5000-1
    Moz to collaborate with Ant and Dec 5000-1
    Moz to Collaberate with Michael Glasier 10,000-1 (Manchester Buchaneers owner, not Starsky or Hutch).
    Moz to collaborate with Paul Michael Glasier 10000-1

Ad Infinitum!

Moz to Collaborate with Boorer/Whyte; No more bets and there have not been since the end of the last Tour!

I think this is the message. Best to wait until it is in the shops and you read it on the sleeve as a previous poster has said (iro the New Album Link).
    Satan accepted mine -- Thursday August 11 2005, @06:14AM (#174794)
    (User #14277 Info)
  • Amongst Suggs (lead singer with Madness) various voiceovers on T.V. didn't he do a voiceover for a McShit, (I mean McDonalds) commercial a couple of years ago?

If my memory serves me right he did.

Any takers on this?
    Anonymous -- Thursday August 11 2005, @03:36PM (#174913)
  • I must say I would prefer him to partner for at least a song with Sparks. Even thouogh I am personally not impressed with Sparks "'Lil' Beethoven" album. Lyrically it was very weak and repetitive but it had it's strong musical moments and many of them. As a band they have made monumental contributions to independant music. Knowing Moz is also fond of them and in contact I thought that was what we were going to get for news when the rumors started flying a few weeks ago. Oh well. Madness had their musical moments and some of it was decent so I am still interested.
    Of course then again, Pop Bitch is about as reliable as a deadbeat Dad.
    MOZ IS GOD -- Thursday August 11 2005, @05:28PM (#174931)
    (User #3249 Info | http://www.myspace.com/coldwarspies)
  • I really don't need another kill uncle although I think it could be better with the current band than it was with the hodge podge that played on kill uncle.

Although, I don't think its fair to blame them completely since it was Mark Nevin who said the album was pretty much a bunch of demos and thought Moz was kidding when he said they were done but it was not a joke.

So, if the Madness related folks are brought in, but are allowed to finish it all, maybe it won't be so bad.

Anyway, its just a rumour, I don't believe or disbelieve.. just thinking out loud I suppose.
    bored -- Thursday August 11 2005, @07:50PM (#174953)
    (User #8415 Info)
  • That's a load of crap.
    Work started on the Dangermen album in 2004. And they didn't work with Langer/Winstanley on it.
    How do I know this?
    Word magazine & by looking at the Dangermen sleevenotes.
    And do you really think he'd work with Langer/Winstanley again after they nearly killed his career?
    AnthonyGlamour -- Saturday August 13 2005, @11:57AM (#175139)
    (User #7618 Info | http://www.myspace.com/anthonycutt)
  • did suggs say? i am a huge madness and moz fan and have read many articles regarding the infamous finsbury incident, and have never read anything bad that any of madness have to say about moz, only that they felt sorry for him.
    Morrissey Mad -- Sunday August 14 2005, @12:20PM (#175210)
    (User #11959 Info)
  • Popbitch is crap.

I'd depend a lot more on The SCUM than the PopBitch site.

Believe me, everything they say is wrong. He has worked with people from Madness before, true, but I think he is comfortable and quite happy with the people he's working with now, and rightly so.

I'll believe it when I hear it(on the record).
    girlafraid33 -- Sunday August 14 2005, @01:09PM (#175218)
    (User #14185 Info)
  • How sad for you that you don't recognise their genius.

I don't think this story is true however.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 10 2005, @10:56AM (#174616)
  • Since I was at primary school, I was fan of Madness and I'm a fan of Langer/Winstanely. I was at Finsbury park the day Moz did not play. Suggs' comments regarding Moz that day put him in the book of wank forever. There he shall remain.

Seems it's still good cover to make up a rumour regarding Moz.

Madness can cover all the songs they like but none will actually be with Morrissey.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 10 2005, @05:09PM (#174721)
    • Re:Suggsbitch by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday August 11 2005, @08:36AM
  • Madness were a decent enough band, but collaborating with them now is not exactly inspiring
    Anonymous -- Wednesday August 10 2005, @06:34PM (#174733)
  • u r sooo right
    it was the worst of times

markmustb1
    Anonymous -- Thursday August 11 2005, @09:12AM (#174814)
  • 3 replies beneath your current threshold.

[ home | terms of service ]