posted by davidt on Wednesday August 10 2005, @10:00AM
xbongo writes:
Interesting article at StarOnline-eCentral about Barrie Cadogan ("Little Barrie"),
who could have been with Johnny Marr ("Healers")
but later on replaced "sick" Alain Whyte ...

Excerpt:

...Johnny Marr and Morrisey of The Smiths have both asked Cadogan to play for them. The former wanted Cadogan for Marr’s project called The Healers but he declined as Little Barrie was preparing to go into the studio to record its album.

Morrisey had better luck when he called Cadogan last year and left him a message on his phone asking him for a favour and to call him back.

“His guitarist Alain Whyte was ill and he wanted me to sub for their tour. I had about three days to learn 20 over songs and I thought I’d just do one gig with Mozza. Suddenly it was two, then three and in the end, I ended up playing 10 gigs. It was a lot of hard work.”

And there’s no denying that. But how did he manage to learn 20 over songs in three days?

“A lot of people have asked me that you know, ‘how did you do it?’ and honestly, I don’t know (laughs). I really don’t know.”
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • amazing barry (Score:2, Insightful)

barry is an amazing guitar player and a hell of a nice person. shame he did not stick around to record with morrissey. having said that, i do respect the man for doing his own thing. a true star.
    Johnny Marr -- Wednesday August 10 2005, @11:58AM (#174635)
    (User #1113 Info)
    Going Underground
  • “A lot of people have asked me that you know, ‘how did you do it?’ and honestly, I don’t know (laughs). I really don’t know.”

Yes, he really doesn't know, he played the songs very badly.

I love Alain Whyte, but I admit Jesse does a great job replacing him and should remain as a member of the band if he decides to not come back.
    This Barrie bloke was not cut out to play Moz/Smiths songs.
    lg -- Thursday August 11 2005, @11:07PM (#174968)
    (User #12253 Info)
    Friendship is the Love that never dies.

[ home | terms of service ]